Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Did you work part or full time before maternity leave Pam?

There's a lot wrong with the UK but their maternity leave definitely doesn't fall under that category. There's been talk of extending it to a year and men can take it as well as women. So if I decided to go back to work after 6 months of giving birth, my husband could take the other 6 months.

Thanks ladies... I just needed to vent. I know I have it much better than lots of other ladies seeing that we are allowed to take 4 months leave.

The company you work for can decide as to whether they want to pay you or not. If not then you claim unemployment for those 4 months. I was just expecting more that's all.

We'll be okay though so I shouldn't be worrying as much... easier said than done though :haha:

Am, that seems really low. It's like 5% of your regular income.

I don't want to complain, I really don't but I am in so much pain. Everything hurts from my belly button down. Ronny forced me to rest yesterday and I am currently lying in my parents bed but the pain just won't go away. The thing is, Luke is moving great and it's contatant pain so I don't think labor and delivery will do anything but say get rest and drink lots of water.

Had the second ultrasound for genetic testing today! Siena is measuring 20 weeks, 5 days! All her organs and bones look great! Very healthy baby!! :) she was being shy and covering her face with her hands so we didn't get to see any facial stuff except her profile.

image.jpg

We get a year on the UK but not all of it is paid. Only about half is. But in Denmark they get a year fully paid

Jamie I looove little feet photos! So cute!

Wow looks like I'm packing my bags for Denmark!

I try telling myself that everything will be good Pam, but we both know it's easier said than done :dohh:

Jess wow I hope you feel better :hugs: You sound super uncomfortable

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain Jess :(

Pam- my guess for you is Sunday!! I hope you can get some more sleep!!!

Wow I wish we got 6 months paid leave! Holy crap! Jealousssssssss

Michelle- thinking of you!!!

Happy 12 weeks Laura ! Almost in the 2nd tri!

Awww Jamie those are adorable! She's so cute!

Bumpdate day! This week was pretty boring..
https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/26-weeks.jpg

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/26weeks-400px.gif

Am, that seems really low. It's like 5% of your regular income.

I don't want to complain, I really don't but I am in so much pain. Everything hurts from my belly button down. Ronny forced me to rest yesterday and I am currently lying in my parents bed but the pain just won't go away. The thing is, Luke is moving great and it's contatant pain so I don't think labor and delivery will do anything but say get rest and drink lots of water.

Don't worry hun, we can all understand if you are in pain and not feeling well. Nobody holds it against you for complaining.

I hope you feel better really soon!!! :hugs:

Had the second ultrasound for genetic testing today! Siena is measuring 20 weeks, 5 days! All her organs and bones look great! Very healthy baby!! :) she was being shy and covering her face with her hands so we didn't get to see any facial stuff except her profile.

View attachment 876087

So glad all is well and that she is doing great!!! Adorable pics especially the feet one :D

Awww Jamie those are adorable! She's so cute!

Bumpdate day! This week was pretty boring..
https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/26-weeks.jpg

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/26weeks-400px.gif

You look great as always!!! I love the bump gif - great to see how you've grown

Oh Jamie, was meaning to say - your guess for Sunday the 21st is interesting as that is Fathers Day here :D

Wonder if DH would like that haha

Oh I totally forgot it's Father's Day here too!! Lol nice gift for DH! His son!!

Cheryl- you are adorable, I love your bump, it's come a long way! I still think 10 pounds so far is amazing!! I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks mostly bcuz I kept caring too much about the number on the scale and comparing it to others or online data. I eat healthy 85% of the time so I'm "trying" to let the actual scale number mean nothing.. The body will do what it's gonna do. For now !! If I go to my OB appt next thurs and she is alarmed, then perhaps I'll keep a better eye on it lol but it's kind of nice not weighing myself right now!!

Ps. Just read your blog Jess- it's so true about the discharge! I had never ever heard of excess discharge during pregnancy! I finally gave in and wear a liner everyday now!! Hated that constant wet undies feeling.

Jyllian uh good luck finding multiple fruits that are in the like 14" range! Hahah. It's crazy, though, I have no idea what I'm going to shoot the next couple months.. since the Bump tells me that LO basically stays within a range per month I'm just shooting every month or so, so he's still a pineapple :D

Back from the doctor! Looks like more waiting...

They were able to see the baby. Unfortunately, the baby is measuring a week and a half behind. It should be measuring 7 weeks 2 days and it was measuring 5 weeks 5 days. We also saw a teeny, tiny heartbeat.

The doctor is still pretty sure there is most likely a chromosomal issue and that it won't be a successful pregnancy, but doesn't want to do anything yet since we saw a heartbeat. I go back next Monday again to see how much/if there is growth by then. In good news, I don't have to get bloodwork drawn again! He will just go off of the ultrasound.

So fx again that the baby has a growth spurt in the next week and was just super-shy about growing.

In other good news (I'm trying to look at the positives here), I found out my husband and I both have positive blood types so I wouldn't have to get the rhogam shot if I miscarry.

Jamie - the scan pictures are gorgeous!

Jess - hope you're feeling more comfortable

Pam - that's really frustrating with the payments. I can't believe how close you are now!

Michelle - I'm glad your little one is fighting!

Michelle, I'm so happy for that teeny heartbeat and you indeed have a little fighter!

Sounds like your doctor is great and giving baby a chance. Fx and prayers for you!

Michelle, it is grest that you got to see heart beat!!! I agree eit Fi that your bean is fighting.

If it helps any, my baby measured behind in 1st tri before picking up in 2nd tri. Plus early u/s can also be out by a few days either way.

Your dr thought you would miscarry and your bean sure showed him. I am sure your bean will continue to go from strenght to strenght! :hugs:

Thank you ladies for still thinking of me... I'll always be back :D

Very cute bump date Cheryl :)

Michelle- I hope everything gets better for you... Your baby is a fighter!

AFM- No I have not made a doc appt yet I'm going to wait a little in case test so it won't be too early. I was on antibiotics in the beginning of last month so I hope that didnt screw with the pills working. Yikes.

This is the second day that my breast are soooo sore...more than when I was pregnant. Not just the nips its the whole breast this time! I've been eating very healthy and exercising daily at first I lost 3.4 lbs in 8 days now I gained 2 back...so weird :o

Michelle it's great your doctor is being patient and that you are too :) like everyone else said, your bean is definitely a little fighter! FX for more good news next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->