Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Lol, my dh decided he wanted to try too...It was weird. His was going back and forth and then he put his hand over mine and it started going in circles again immediately. Thats so strange but very neat!

The ring test weirded me out so much! Did you read what we did? It's in my gender prediction YouTube video too :) it goes in a line over my belly every time, goes in a circle over my heart every time, a line over DH and a circle over our dog.. Who's a girl! I even tried it over the bed thinking ohhhh ok what sex is the bed?! And it didn't move at all! It was very odd.. But anyway when I did my video ours were 20 :blue: to 3 :pink: ! A few changed as we went on so I didn't count them. If you look towards the more recent posts you'll see like 6-7 that have been almost always accurate. Together they have been a 100% accurate predictor for everyone!

Jyllian blehhhhhh. That makes me so mad :( I can't believe he wouldn't even do anything AFTER you said that! would your family come help? That might motivate him if you have to do that but it seems like NOTHING will motivate him actually! :hugs:

That test is truly insane! I love it! And it was one dh could try, lol. He wanted to try one so bad and I kept telling him, "but your not the pregnant one!" LOL. He's too funny.

Mary- your DH sounds so sweet and into this pregnancy a lot, I love it! :)
Also, I got mostly pink vs blue when I did the tests too and I am having a girl!! It's crazy accurate! So cool.

Cheryl- thanks I'm totally gonna look on amazon now!!!

J- I don't know what else to say except one big sigh after reading about your oh not getting off his butt after you said that stuff. What a poop! If there were ever a time to man up and help you it would be now! I pray he'll be a more involved father than he is a house work helper!!!! But I'm proud of you for speaking up! Even though clearly that didn't do anything.. Sighhhhhh

Thanks girls for your support (and concern as well!). At this point I'm just like out of ideas... aside from literally beating the sh*t out of him which I would never do but the thought arises more so lately :laugh2: I am proud of myself for trying SO much and really being motivated throughout the pregnancy. I mean, it's not like he hasn't done ANYTHING... we have both accomplished A LOT so far, but that doesn't mean it's quitting time or time to slack :nope: Once I leave work I'm going to have my son help with measuring for baseboard and trim downstairs in the room and half bath and my daughter with painting the walls and bathroom door. Then when OH gets home, I will state that he is going with me to the hardware store for the remaining items such as closet doors, any extra trim we may need and drywall. I can then paint necessary items and that's pretty much it on my end. If he doesn't work on HIS end then I'm going to bring in someone else to finish it before it's too late :thumbup: My mom has already agreed to hep me with the final thorough cleaning throughout the house after reno has been completed as well as washing and sorting the baby clothing and such. Like I said before, I'm satisfied with myself for sticking with things regularly and also for being organized as much as I can so hoping it gets me somewhere... besides in pain again!

Phoned first thing this morning and have an ultrasound at 10:30. It's 10:12 here now so best get a move on!

I hope all is okay :hugs: Please keep us updated.

Cheryl, unfortunately, no... it's not a sly plan to coax OH into doing more work at home. And sadly me actually being "injured" for real isn't pushing him into gear either :nope:

FX for you appointment Monday Michelle!

Anxious to hear about your scan Kirsty! Hoping you are feeling better and that nothing is wrong.

AFM - finished my work day with my belly wrapped snug and it seemed to help... quite a bit actually. I wore it for the rest of the day at home then took it off while I slept and it's back on today. OH called the cable company and the guy he spoke with actually removed the $28 difference as well as the $7 late fee from our account! We relaxed on the couch for awhile then went and got sushi to fix at home for dinner. He went straight back to the couch, of course, and I felt I should tackle some of "The List". I went and got more white paint and a section of quarter round for the stairs while he kept his butt in front of the TV. Then he gave me major crap about doing stuff because of my muscle tear and finally I had it and was like "Well someone needs to do something because clearly you're not going to! The weeks are flying by and Cameron will be here before we know it." If sh*t doesn't get done at home at least it won't be from my lack of trying. I sat on the steps going downstairs and finished the painting there then painted the window and door trim in the living room... all while he continued to sit there on the couch :growlmad: Seriously. Like, he could have very easily installed transition strips in the doorway(s) or put the remaining strip down in the living room to finish out the framing of the tile area by the front door. He could have measured and cut baseboard for the downstairs bath or the room I laid laminate in or hung the casing around the closet door downstairs. He could've even suggested running to the hardware store to get closet doors for the nurser so I could paint them today after work and they'd be ready for him to hang this evening. I can't get stuff like that myself, too heavy and I would need his truck. I had an emotional breakdown on my way for paint and trim yesterday, thinking about everything and how if my dad was still alive he would be heping me as much as possible :cry: I'm going to try to do what I can, but very limited as I DO NOT want to further hurt myself.

We both had to work today but shouldn't be a lengthy day for him and never is for me on weekends. With his new job and me being... well, pregnant... our time and capabilities are more limited so every bit counts at this point. I don't know what else to do to get OH to just focus on doing as much as he can at home when he isn't away at work. Perhaps I should just hire someone? He would be so mad, which makes no sense...

I'm so sorry that OH is being an ass face!! Even after you said that and have hurt yourself doing so much he should have at least felt some guilt and an urge to do something!!! :growlmad:

He really needs to start manning up now and know that even though it seems like a long time still it goes fast! It really feels like yesterday when I started with the nursery and wiped my eyes, blinked and here I am @ 38 weeks already :shock:

I hope you can get something sorted. Maybe if you hire somebody casual, just for a day to help? OH can get mad and then you can say that HE (OH) did not leave you any other option. It being his fault that the stuff isn't getting done and all make him pay for the person as well!

*Side note* OH spoke with his mom yesterday and apparently she's having some sort of "mid-life" thing going on and got her motorcycle endorsement and will be taking her test and is looking at a bike. She is also going to get her CCW (which isn't a bad idea for anyone really, imo). Anyways, I overheard him say that "if he isn't too busy" he would go with her to check out the bike and ride it back for her if she decides to buy it. He does not have a permit or license to operate a motorcycle and if he were to get caught that's a huge fine I'm sure. He just wants to ride the motorcycle. Plus, why is he offering to help her with something I feel is so insignificant to what we have going on at home?! In my opinion, yes he will be too busy. I think his definition of "too busy" is being stuck at work. Her brother (OH's uncle) has his license and can help her out with that on his time. I wish he would just put this stuff at home as top priority.

OK, end of rant - sorry!

OH can't even pay his bills right now (not his fault really, he wasn't getting hardly any work hours at the old job) so that's be a super stretch telling him to pay for someone to finish the work. I'd get a big "F*ck you" for even mentioning it. But having someone else come finish things is something I need to seriously consider at this point, unfortunately...

Hoping Daphne, DH and Adam are doing well! Anxious for more details on their first days as a family of three!

Hello ladies. Im alone right now i mean DH isnt here. He went home to wash his all of his clothes get few stuff (more mittens, wash cloths, wipes and thin baby blankets) what we have in the hospital bags were good for two days. DH is allowed for another day of leave so he'll be with us till tomorrow and we'll check out at night as well as we dont like to travel home very early in the morning of Monday. DH friend's family visited last night and we got the sterilizer as gift. A colleague of mine is on her way now to visit. I can stand and walk now but have to do it very slowly. Oh, and i changed Adam's diaper for the first time! :yipee: Adam's doing great and i tried breastfeeding him for a few times until he fell asleep. He's been feeding a lot today and already had 3 diapers changed. It's hard when we change him as he keeps on crying so we have to do it as fast as we could.

I'm so glad that you are doing better!! :hugs: Cannot wait to hear your birth story when you have the time. Until then keep up the great work and enjoy all your cuddles with that cute little boy!!!

Ended up having an ultrasound and 2 other baby related appointments. Baby's heart rate was really low. We're not sure if it's because I've been overworked and slacking when it comes to meals, meaning he has little/no energy or because I've got an infection that's obviously passed on to him. Had another internal to check my cervix and everything is as it should be. Now we just wait for the results, I guess. DH was supposed to be away until Monday but ended up traveling home this afternoon.

Thanks for the update Kirsty. I hope he'll be okay and that he is just a bit tired like you are and that it is nothing serious!!! :hugs:
You guys are in my prayers!!

Aww kirsty- I hope you take it a bit easier and are able to eat better! Let us know how the results are.

Daphne- so glad you're walking (slowly) and feeling better and that Adam is doing well!! Yay for going home soon and DH getting an extra day! :) feel free to post more pics when you can!

J- that's funny ur "mil" got a motorcycle. I hope OH doesn't get caught driving it!

BeAutiful Pam! I wonder if this will be your last bump pic?!?! Hmmmm... !!!!

Daphne - I'm so glad that you are doing well and that Adam is perfect! He is really adorable! Are you going home tomorrow?

Jyllian - You already know my thoughts on OH not helping out around the house. The day labor idea isn't a bad one. Perhaps you could preface it with "if you don't get up and do something I am going to hire someone who will." That was if he doesn't do anything and you do end up hiring someone you can tell him that he had warning that it was going to happen.

Pam - Looking great as always!! How are you feeling?

Kirsty - I will be thinking about you and your little one. I hope that it is just the infection and the little person is alright otherwise. When do you go back to the doctor?

Hope you can rest up, Kirsty. I am sorry you two are dealing with this and pray everything gets resolved quickly.

Beautiful bump, Pam!

So glad Adam is doing so great, Daphne!

Mary, I will text you when I know you are awake, sorry for being MIA.

I have doc appt tomorrow, praying everything is ok as the cramps are back and in full force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->