Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Awwwww!!! He seems so comfy and content all swaddled up! Adorable!!!

Daphne- wow. Thank you so much for sharing your birth story ! I feel bad you had to listen to other women in pain, making the experience scarier! That's not pleasant! How did the epidural feel? Did it hurt? How is the CS recovery going? Are you able to walk up/down stairs yet? I hope BFing gets easier for you soon ! Took my sister 2 weeks before it got better. Cracked nipples sound painful :/ use cream and keep it dry as possible so no infections!

That's exciting you toured your hospital dani!

Not really sure what they gave me but they did the spinal anaesthesia. I really didn't feel it as my contractions were more painful. What i really like during the operation was that almost all of the staff there were from Philippines even the anaesthesologist so i feel like i'm giving birth back home. I'm able to do most of the things but a lot slower than when i still have Adam in me. Coughing is torture made me cry a lot..... At the hospital, when DH woke me up to watch Adam and he goes down the building to fix Adam's birth papers, i accidentally fell asleep again. Then i heard Adam cry big time. I was lying flat on the bed (needed due to headache caused by spinal anaesthesia) and i immediately woke up and went to him I was in so much pain i cried my eyes out he stopped after I picked him up. DH came back and saw me still crying he was so worried he just hugged and kissed me after i told him what happened. I kept on saying sorry to Adam for making him cry.... Really hard when you don't have your family with you to help out....

I was able to finish the banner for the Baby-Q yesterday evening.

Some photos as I was working:
OKjUjOsHxcd-JLJRTUWscrGAgJWVfqI0C-sLIu78O1Y=w329-h185-no
Lrt3AlfJABEeG-gMZpJUMgaBxL4G82FptEVLZviQFxQ=w1186-h667-no
p2SffXW5wZTveZcJIIEpuoVIbRudy9op4ERH5RKNvo0=w1186-h667-no

Wasn't sure if I liked black or white letters on top. My first reaction was black, and so was OH's so that's what we ended up with... though nearly EVERYONE liked white :dohh:

Got an email from my doc office regarding lab results.
Thought is was for my GD test but I guess it was regarding iron levels :shrug:
Regardless, I passed the GD test because I've heard nothing from my doc and also my iron levels were within range :thumbup:

PNI2aWR92qkjy6H4PpeS-bdfWJelq0yVnRvVfZixMw4=w789-h233-no

Getting closer now with the shower. I must agree with the others, i like the white on top... :D :yipee: for passing the test.

Adam is definitely making me want this pregnancy to fly by! :haha: He's too cute!

I got to hold a 26 day old baby yesterday and oh my gosh! I cannot wait to be holding our LO as much as possible! Enjoy as much of these days as you can (I already know you will..it goes without saying! :)) I know some will be rough days, every mom has those! Lol. But time does go by TOO fast! I know you'll be cherishing every second with him! I'm excited to keep seeing the pics of him as he grows! I bet you don't want to go back to work now! LoL! :haha:

I've become suuuper anxious for Cameron to arrive. Before, I was wanting to stay pregnant foreverrr and totally fine with him not coming for awhile. I think Daphne having Adam made me change my mind. I keep imagining how the birth is going to go, like what's going to happen... and cannot wait for OH's reaction when he sees his son for the first time. It makes me tear up! I feel a bit bad that he won't get to hold him right away, as they will lay Cameron on my chest immediately... I was sort of thinking about if they ever let the dad have the first contact with baby right after birth? Like, him laying in the bed as well and get to have that moment :shrug: But I really would like to have my son immediately and OH will need to be prepared to cut the cord and can then watch over as the nurses do the assessment. But perhaps after they are done with everything and ready to give him back I can allow OH to have some skin to skin with his son in bed next to me. I'm sure he'd really like that. 12 more days (exactly 288 hours) til our shower! I'm a bit excited for it and cannot wait to have some baby items! I'm allowing OH to open up everything as he gets so excited over baby items in store, always making a beeline for it even though we've looked at the stuff I don't know HOW many times :dohh: I'm anxious to see everyone and get lots of photos!

Michelle, I hope ya'll stay safe these next few days! Most of my family is in the Galveston and houston area, I'm pretty nervous for them

Yay for seeing the tiny heartbeat Michelle... Will be praying for you and don't worry baby is a week behind early scans are not that accurate......

About the birth guesses, no one actually guessed it right. :D But some were really close.

https://i58.tinypic.com/2n69fmv.jpg

Jess - Happy 34 Weeks!!!! :yipee: Luke is now pre-term...

Laura - Happy 12 Weeks and welcome to 2nd tri.

Cheryl - Happy 26 Weeks.... Lovely bump.... Congrats on being in a 2 digit countdown... :dance:

Dani - Happy 28 Weeks!!!

Jamie - Happy 20 Weeks... Love sienna's scan.

What a crazy story Daphne. At least you'll have something to hold over Adam later in life lol. I didn't quote the post but lanolin is supposed to help with the cracking but I have had much better luck with nipple butter. It's made from oils and makes everything feel so much better.

I was able to finish the banner for the Baby-Q yesterday evening.

Some photos as I was working:
OKjUjOsHxcd-JLJRTUWscrGAgJWVfqI0C-sLIu78O1Y=w329-h185-no
Lrt3AlfJABEeG-gMZpJUMgaBxL4G82FptEVLZviQFxQ=w1186-h667-no
p2SffXW5wZTveZcJIIEpuoVIbRudy9op4ERH5RKNvo0=w1186-h667-no

Wasn't sure if I liked black or white letters on top. My first reaction was black, and so was OH's so that's what we ended up with... though nearly EVERYONE liked white :dohh:

Got an email from my doc office regarding lab results.
Thought is was for my GD test but I guess it was regarding iron levels :shrug:
Regardless, I passed the GD test because I've heard nothing from my doc and also my iron levels were within range :thumbup:

PNI2aWR92qkjy6H4PpeS-bdfWJelq0yVnRvVfZixMw4=w789-h233-no

I guess Im the only one that preferred the black :) oh well.

I've become suuuper anxious for Cameron to arrive. Before, I was wanting to stay pregnant foreverrr and totally fine with him not coming for awhile. I think Daphne having Adam made me change my mind. I keep imagining how the birth is going to go, like what's going to happen... and cannot wait for OH's reaction when he sees his son for the first time. It makes me tear up! I feel a bit bad that he won't get to hold him right away, as they will lay Cameron on my chest immediately... I was sort of thinking about if they ever let the dad have the first contact with baby right after birth? Like, him laying in the bed as well and get to have that moment :shrug: But I really would like to have my son immediately and OH will need to be prepared to cut the cord and can then watch over as the nurses do the assessment. But perhaps after they are done with everything and ready to give him back I can allow OH to have some skin to skin with his son in bed next to me. I'm sure he'd really like that. 12 more days (exactly 288 hours) til our shower! I'm a bit excited for it and cannot wait to have some baby items! I'm allowing OH to open up everything as he gets so excited over baby items in store, always making a beeline for it even though we've looked at the stuff I don't know HOW many times :dohh: I'm anxious to see everyone and get lots of photos!

You can specify that if you are unable to have immediate skin to skin, the baby do skin to skin with someone else. That's one of my major things on our birth plan, and I told hubby that he has to do it.....even before they wipe the vernex off if I can't.

Michelle, I hope ya'll stay safe these next few days! Most of my family is in the Galveston and houston area, I'm pretty nervous for them

Did you find out where you are moving yet?

Yup Jess you actually were one of like three maybe that said black! I am hoping to put together some sort of birth plan/preferences in writing to go over with my doctor and/or have with me at the hospital for delivery.

Some things I feel a bit strong about:

- Open option for an epidural
- Laboring for as long as possible before getting pain meds, if I choose to have them
- I will allow the use of any tools appropriate and necessary for a safe labor and birth
- Total privacy during delivery. No one loitering outside the delivery room, peeking in or whatever. Only specified person(s) I allow for photo/video purposes, if any (I'm still so unsure about this, like WHO lol)
- OH is to cut the cord
- Immediate skin to skin following delivery, given a smooth birth and no assessments need to be done right away
- No visitors for at least an hour following delivery
- Wanting to exclusively breastfeed

Cameron is being SO active today! I keep feeling little bony parts protrude in different areas, mostly my right side where his feet are. He's been wiggling, turning, hiccuping, poking and making me have all sorts of bubble gut feelings in there. It's been pretty much ongoing since I woke up, which started with some hiccup feelings down there. Since I've been at work he's been twisting and turning and I can feel possibly knees, heels, elbows, or a little but pushing up against the inside with my hands.

I ran my thought by oh of allowing him to have skin to skin with his son in bed beside me right after the nurses take Cam's weight and measurements and all and of course he is all for it :thumbup: I will have plenty of contact while trying to nurse and while on ML, plus this is HIS first child so I feel it's important for him to get that bonding experience right away.

Jess not yet. They told dh on Thursday that they are waiting on some bids to be finalized, so a lot of the people that are foreman positions like dh are currently not working, but they are still paying them every week. So dh is having a little paid vacation right now! Which is a good thing because turns out his back injury is actually a herniated disc that's causing sciatica. He had an epidural steroid shot on Friday and still has no relief, so while we are waiting a phone call for the next job he is going to pursue a laser surgery to repair it. He has just been going to work with his injury which is hard on him, but his job is important, and luckily he has what's called a rodman, who carries everything for dh, and assists in anyway.

Thanks! We should be fine. We're far enough inland. We'll probably just get a bunch of rain.

Sorry your DH has an injury. That sounds really painful. I hope it gets better soon.

I cant believe I'm already hitting 8 weeks tomorrow! The MS & sleeping has made the past couple of weeks go by fast. My body's noticing I'm 8 weeks.. My uterus has def been stretching, as im having lots of lower backaches and pulling sensations in my lower belly.

Oh yeah, I spoke with my OBs office and my first appt is June 22nd with just the nurse and then I see the OB I saw when I was pregnant with Aiden on July 13th. I'll be about 12 weeks at that point so I'm wondering if she'll do an u/s or what she's planning to do. I can't remember what we did at the 12 wk appt with Aiden anymore. I'm really excited to see my OBs expression & excitement when she sees we are finally pregnant! I love her! :) She's not the one who lied about looking into my IVF coverage and just assumed instead that there was no coverage... I made sure I didn't get that one, lol. :thumbup:

Thanks! We should be fine. We're far enough inland. We'll probably just get a bunch of rain.

Sorry your DH has an injury. That sounds really painful. I hope it gets better soon.

Thank you michelle! He is in pretty bad shape! They are all just getting rain and some wind at this point, but the flooding down there scares me. It floods so easily! Especially houston. I got stuck on the hwy one time after I left Walmart, I was so scared all I could do was pull over because all of the exit ramps were flooded all the way to the top. Btw, I'm so so glad to hear that your little baby is a fighter!

Hi ladies... no news yet from my side. They say no news is good news... Uhm I am seriously BEGGING to differ on this round.

10 Days till EDD starts today :yipee:

I can feel Matthew fist bumping and all so if I had to guess as to what he really is doing in there it would go something like this...

https://i.imgur.com/ddOUB0y.jpg

Happy 8 weeks, Mary!!!!! So excited for your appt!!!! They will do the NT scan around 12 weeks so I think you will have a scan at the July appt. :)

Thank u ladies! :)

Pam, I cant believe we're starting ur 10 day countdown!!! Matthew will be here in no time!! :dance:

Happy 8 weeks Mary!

10... 9... 8...7... WHEN will Matthew make his appearance?! Oh the suspense! I just got over all the nail biting waiting for Adam to arrive now here we go again! I bet you're super anxious Pam!

29 weeks today!

FL2AkIYE_8GRHIAbkVKrGPzdsphsAwmXAh0BczhhtWQ=w283-h667-no
RdU5KVddbwPaB3BW9-n1Kd-4kPbX3AbJgUty44B_sdk=s667-no

Cameron continued his activeness throughout the day yesterday and even kicked and wiggled for his great grandma (OH's grandmother) who was super delighted to feel him squirm! I am really getting nervous as I realize that I only have at least a good 9 weeks before I become a waddling time bomb :wacko: My ankles are swelling quite a bit. Never had that before. Birthing class again tonight. OH suggested that I rub his feet during relaxation time :saywhat: :rofl: He has been working long hours (cha-ching!) so I've been handling dinner mostly and the kids have really helped me with chores at home so everything staying fairly tidy :thumbup: With OH being so busy lately with work though I'm getting really nervous again as to how the rest of the renovations will be finished :shrug: I was so tired yesterday after work then had to fix dinner, edge the lawn, do some laundry and tend to the pool for my daughter so didn't get a chance to do anything else. Hopefully this weekend...

*Update* Oh and forget what I said about him being so busy with work because HE JUST LOST HIS F*CKING JOB. You have GOT to be f*cking kidding me?!?!?!?!?! I am just so over it. Done. There are no words at this point...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->