Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I'm so sorry jyllian. What happened? It's awesome that your kids are doing good staying consistent with chores! And how sweet for Cameron's great grandma! I bet she is excited!

Chelsea he says he was 5 minutes late for work this morning. And why? Because he couldn't find his vapor cigarette juice :growlmad: Seriously. I got up at 6:40 this morning to be at work at 8. It's an 8-10 minute drive for me. His alarm goes off when mine does (around 6:25 or so) but didn't get up until around 7:30 shortly before I leave. He had to be at work at 9 today. What in the h*ll took him over and hour?!?! There is no reason for him to be late. And when he couldn't find the e-cig juice, there was a smaller bottle above the kitchen sink... not the big bottle he wanted but a bottle he got and could use temporarily. Or he could have made work a priority and called me asking if I could help, which I would have. I could have taken my lunch break early and tried to find it... or even better, went to the vape store and bought him a small bottle to hold him off for today. I am just completely numb today.

They fired him for being late once? Or has it happened before? Ugh, I just feel so frustrated for you. You don't need this added stress! I would think that any man would want to step up to make sure that his baby and wife were comfortable. Well maybe with him being off he can get all of the reno done, that would be less for you to worry about at home, and then he can find another job. Do any of his friends have jobs that they can possibly get him in the door quickly?

See, I can only go off of what he tells me. I don't know of anything happening prior in the week that he's worked there. You would think he would get a warning then termination... but I don't know how the company operates. At my workplace, we get a verbal and written warning. We are allowed a certain amount of tardies and absences before being fired. I am just in absolute disbelief he allowed himself to be late over something so stupid. Just so irresponsible. I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore :nope: It would be nice if he dove into the rest of the reno work but he is looking for employment online right now and better get something lined up ASAP. I am gonna blow my freakin' top if I catch him sitting around the house and not working, either by searching for jobs or tackling the remaining house construction.

I'm sorry jyllian! :(. That really stinks. I feel confident everything will work out but the reason he was late is truly a crappy excuse. Ugh.
Last year, my dh lost a job for being late ONE time so he could be telling the truth. My dads best friend worked with him so I know for sure it was his first time and the ridiculous part on his old boss's end was my dh broke down literally 5 mins (of a drive) from work and even walked to tell his boss & show he was telling the truth but nope, they weren't having it. It really sucked too because that was the best paying job with benefits that he's had and we can't seem to find anything that compares yet :-\.
Anyway, back to your DH...I really hope he's job searching or at least finishing the stuff that needs to be done around the house. Your clearly stressed enough, that's the least he could do. I wish I could give u a hug! I sure could use one today. I'm feeling quite numb today myself. Its been a rough morning :( ... and for once its not because of morning sickness. Lots of virtual hugs to you! :hugs:

And Jyllian, your bump looks amazing, and so do you, as always! :)
I'll be sharing my 7 & 8 wk bump pics in 3 days! I took my 7wk pic at 7w3d so I'm just going to do the next one at 8w3d, since I'm not showing much, at all, yet. Hopefully there will be some difference in the pics from last week. I can't wait to get some pics up here!

Thanks Mary. Wow that's so terrible about DH. I mean, he even walked to work! I know I'm not alone with what I'm dealing with or have dealt with. There's always women on the August Facebook group ranting about similar situations... it just sucks overall that we have to deal with certain things, especially job-wise, during this crucial time.

I think 7/8 weeks is a great time to start bump updates! Can't wait!

Just saw this article on BnB:

Is It Cruel to Pierce Your Baby's Ears?

An excerpt from the article:

“It is a form of child cruelty,” she writes on the petition. “Severe pain and fear is inflicted upon infants unnecessarily. It serves no purpose other than to satisfy the parent’s vanity. Other forms of physically harming children are illegal — this should be no different.”

Wouldn't circumcision be categorized as such, as well?

That's interesting jyllian. I wouldn't think of it as cruel, but I won't do it. My parents had a cool outlook on it when it came to me so I will follow what they did. They said that they wanted me to make the decision of whether or not I wanted my ears pierced. And when I was 4 I told my dad that I wanted earrings, so he took me to the mall right then, and I got them pierced. So I will let my kids tell me when they are ready for it.

Pam- when is ur next appt?

J- I'm so sorry :( keep us updated

20 weeks + 5 days bump! Or 21 weeks exactly if you go by baby's measurements! :)

image.jpg

Fyi, Saturday is dollar flip flop day at old navy! And 50 percent off of everything in the store! I look forward to this day every year! Lol

OMG Chelsea I saw that?! Did you have the ad on top of BnB :winkwink: I love Old Navy!

Jamie you look great!

Dani I am on the fence regarding both ear piercing and circumcision. Like, my daughter's ears were pierced as an infant and my son was circumsized. I won't be having Cameron circumsized and if he was a girl and OH didn't want her ears pierced until later that'd be OK with me :thumbup:

I just thought of circumcision when I read the "severe pain" part and for vanity. I know circumcision has health reasons behind it though so not really the same comparison.

Where in the heck IS everyone today? Cheryl... Kirsty... Kenna... Jess... Laura... Michelle...

Daphne has very good reason to be MIA now :baby:

Helloooooooo out there :shrug:

I think that is where I saw it. I go every year! I live in flip flops, and old navy has the best ones. Dh said he is going with me so he can help me pick out a few dresses too. I'm no good at picking out clothes for myself. I'm so indecisive that I usually leave empty handed, so he goes shopping with me and picks out what he thinks looks good. And I always get so many compliments on the outfits he chooses

Yea I think it comes down to personal choices or beliefs. I get my panties in a bunch when people try to turn their personal beliefs into law.

I agree dani, to each their own! Who is anyone to judge anyone ?

I don't know enough about circumcision to have a strong opinion, jyllian may I ask what your reasoning is to not circumcise ? Just out of pure curiosity to learn both sides..

I'm still here! Silent stalker. I've got the rest of this week off so have been at home with Luca all day :)

As for the ear piercing thing - I didn't read the article but partly agree with what's being said. Ear piercing is a beauty thing. Cutting off your boy's cap is usually religion or health related. I don't see the harm in either :shrug: to each their own!

I chose circumcision for aiden for both religion and health reasons. IF this ones a boy, ill probably do the same.
As for ear piercing, I have no problem with ears pierced, I had them when I was a young child BUT with our daughter, ill wait until she says SHE wants them. I couldn't watch my baby go through that! Lol. Again, I have NO issue with people getting their babies ears pierced tho! I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions ;).

What are these articles you all are talking about?!

Just saw this article on BnB:

Is It Cruel to Pierce Your Baby's Ears?

An excerpt from the article:

“It is a form of child cruelty,” she writes on the petition. “Severe pain and fear is inflicted upon infants unnecessarily. It serves no purpose other than to satisfy the parent’s vanity. Other forms of physically harming children are illegal — this should be no different.”

Wouldn't circumcision be categorized as such, as well?

Nevermind my previous question! I found what u ladies are talking about. I always do that and then I go back a page and bam! There's my answer! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->