Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Mary your labor reminded me of this picture my Bradley teacher posted last night! She's 8 CM here!!!

https://s4.postimg.org/4inbqxjf1/image.jpg

Hahaha

Go for it Cheryl, would be great to give it a go too :D

I'm totally going to labour to Metallica though!!! I just love them and it takes me back to when I was 19 with perky boobs at their concert. I totally flashed them!! All good and well until my boobs came onto the big screen tv at the arena :blush: :rofl:

Aaaaand just had to share this with yall.. I have had--not *trouble*--with DH being really attached and really understanding what's about to happen and wanting to do baby stuff, but he's more removed for sure. I talked to a good friend of mine whose DH is an AMAZING dad who's like obsessed with their kid and she said he was the exact same way (the old "women become mothers over 9 months, men become fathers the day the baby is born") so I'm not worried but it's a little frustrating! So I basically bawled when I saw this! :cry: sooooo sweet

https://youtu.be/X-gszji43ns

Pam :rofl: that story doesn't actually surprise me at all somehow!! Pm me your email address! Or should I use what'sapp? I don't even know what that is :haha:

Jamie I was all for circumsizing Cameron at first but then after much thought I realized that OH is not circumsized and I absolutely love his, er, "unit" :blush: There's not a thing wrong with it and I don't see any reason to change Cameron down there, especially since his daddy isn't circumsized so I want him to identify with his daddy, if that makes sense?

Kirsty I totally agree with your view on piercing. TO each their own. Not sure what I'd do if I had another girl, maybe wait :shrug:

Aww Laura what an adorable wittle bump! Yay!

Pam you crack me up :laugh2: I can just imagine you digging around up in there checking for dilation... and throwing bed pans at people at the hospital :rofl: I know you're so anxious and excited and it's hard waiting but you are literally RIGHT THERE, any day now :coffee: That nurse doesn't sound like she knows squat. And I hope you don't have back labor! Omigosh it's painful!

Yay for head down Kenna! You don't have much longer to go either! :happydance:

Fi a baby expo sounds fun! How was your appointment?

Oh Michelle I hope it's just normal spotting and nothing else :hugs: Thinking of you!

Cheryl are we *for sure* decided on Sawyer now? I see the "maybe-" part is gone :winkwink: Do you ever think like omigosh how can I get any bigger? Though you aren't big, I think you look absolutely perfect! But you sound a lot like me and how I feel... like ugh I feel huge and people notice it. But really I know we aren't gigantic or anything! That photo is great! OH was actually asking quite a bit about water birth at our class last week but our hospital doesn't have that right now. They're working on a suite but it will only be for laboring not delivering in.

Mary I was the same way while in labor with my DS. I got an epi, mainly because they told me the guy may not be around later if I wanted it so I got it then and there out of fear... but I was laughing while he was inserting the line and everything. It tickled! And my mom always goes on about how good I did with it all, I was perfectly fine and just breathed through contractions nice and steady and sucked my Jolly Rancher lollipops :thumbup: I can only hope for a labor like that again!

AFM - Cameron is still poking and jabbing. OH and I can feel hard parts... like his back or butt or shoulder. Had our third birthing class yesterday and talked about CS. I really really really don't want a CS but when the time comes and if necessary will go with the flow. We are so focused on skin to skin immediately and even learned that it's important to try nursing within the first hour of delivery. OH and I talked a bit more about our wishes during labor and delivery and our hope is that with a vaginal delivery they can lay Cameron on my bare chest/tummy and allow that contact for enough time where we can bond and try to nurse before whisking him over for assessments. Then OH will have him on his bare chest for a bit. IF our moms and my sis are there for the birth they will be asked to leave and we will have our bonding time privately with the other two children for an hour until allowing close family to come in. Or, depending on the time frame we may wait until I'm relocated to the postpartum suite.

OH had a job interview yesterday and one this morning. FX he gets SOMETHING... ugh, so tired of this employment in-limbo crap...

FX Jyllian, I hope DH gets a job soon!

I should really not be so impatient but I just cannot help it hahah.

Cheryl, I'll send you my email address on Facebook :D

Pam it's totally normal to be feeling this way. You're at the end and sooooo excited! I will be feeling the same way, I'm sure! I bet all these little twinges and pains you feel are the start of something... My guess is going to be Tuesday, I think. For now at least :dohh:

After class, OH and I also discussed what we would prefer to happen in the case of a CS. I said I would want him there with me of course and then he could go be with Cameron once he's out. If they allowed an extra person I would want my mom with me while OH is with the baby. He said he would feel bad leaving me alone and wouldn't want to but I assured him he will feel totally different once his son is here.

It is great that you guys got to talk about everything that will happen in the event of either a vaginal or section birth.

DH knows to just be by my as I am probably going to be soooooo scared once it all is really under way. Urgh now I'm excited again... come on baby lol

So OH had the interviews, one being this morning. He called me a short while ago to tell me he got the job. It's with a recycled plastics factory in a town about a half hour away. He'll be making decent money and after 90 days will receive medical, dental and vision benefits which he hasn't had for quite some time. He will be working 7am - 7pm for three days a week then for four days the following week, alternately (so 36 hours/48 hours) which means he will be home on some weekdays. Once Cameron is here he can be home with us some while I'm on ML and once I'm back to work we won't need a sitter as much :thumbup: I'm happy for him but sadly not as excited as I maybe should be :shrug: I just hope this is something that will work and become a permanent thing for him, as it will allow him to take care of his financial obligations, help provide for our family and I will feel like I can depend on him in that aspect. I think he will feel better about himself in that aspect as well. FX...

Birthing class was quite interesting yesterday. Our instructor stepped out wearing a bath robe and a terrible wig, dressed as "Postpartum Penny" :laugh2: She assured us that it's OK to look at hot mess after giving birth and not to worry about appearance for visitors or pictures. She also went through the typical items we would receive after delivering or should consider bringing with us for the hospital stay. One item she pulled out was a gigantic landing strip maxi pad... and the "boy short" gauze-looking underwear she showed us was too much :rofl: I told OH he's definitely gonna be sportin' a pair for me :haha: I remembered the super long maxi but had forgotten the shorts. Absolutely hideous. All the guys were like WTF is that for?! Why?! OMG! Then they got to try on a weighted belly and breasts if they wanted to. Of course OH was eager to try it :dohh:

hmlxEepAnWR-QC0cY0Yyj0zLG_fTrV3f-NmVW9j_2A8=w258-h667-no
Glq214tfh8PW3Nkv6XXMFXDIMf86s4-YUmxxXE51TtE=w376-h667-no
7fK5fAHcdKVDN-7kpdOFYQiAFQbGgmQdWsHdT2gtFQU=w1186-h667-no
TTuOGBY4dCIrZ5G_iR8GBhx9fLFIVckV9srGFLlZSgE=w1186-h667-no

It was pretty amusing. Us girls were yelling at our guys "Bend over! Tie your shoes! Pick up something off the ground! Try laying on your tummy! Roll over! Get up!" Almost like dogs :rofl:

Hahaha! He looks like he's feeling it in that last picture. I'd be sympathetic but he gets to take his weighted suit off :shrug:

Of course the guys that tried on the belly were pretending to fondle their new breasts and twist their nipples :dohh: Men...

Jyllian, I'm happy to read that OH got another job and I really hope that he keeps up with it so that it can help you out too.

That birthing classes looks like tons of fun and the men with the suits are histerical :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->