Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Pam, you are hilarious. I pity the nurses on shift - they won't know what they're letting themselves in for. Hope things get moving for you soon!

Jyllian, those pictures are funny. Sounds like your hubby was a good sport. I'm glad he's found a job, and hope this one is more permanent so you can relax a bit.

Baby expo tomorrow - I'm interested to see what sales they have on at it.

I saw the OB yesterday and the little man is growing well. He's measuring about 5 days ahead, and my belly is measuring almost 4 weeks ahead. I am going to have a ridiculous looking bump by the end of this! He has such boy shaped legs already...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
Jyllian :thumbup: for new job for OH! Let's hope he sticks with this one.. FX!! The birthing class is too funny, OH was being such a ham!

I swear there were like four other things I was going to respond to but I just got that client's copy and I had to run to the grocery store to prep for a shoot so now I've TOTALLY lost my train of thought.. naturally!

Ive never heard of a baby expo! I want to go to one! Lol. What exactly is it though? And how do I know when/where they are?

Basically, the baby expo runs at our convention centre, and a lot of different suppliers set up stands - everything from birthing classes, to prams, to nappies, to clothes, etc. They usually put some sales on specifically for the expo, so I'm hoping to pick up a few things.

Had an Ob appointment today. Cliffs notes version: the appointment went really well. Luke is definitely head down but not engaged yet. Measuring 33 weeks but I think it might have been the outfit I had on but who knows. We went over everything from the whole pregnancy and left with an appointment for next week where they will do a blood draw, gbs test and ultrasound to check little mans position.

Is anyone else battling heartburn and indigestion? It's seriously going to be the death of me. I'm taking Zantac nightly but really would like to avoid taking any kid of daily med.

Baby expo sounds amazing! I hope you find some good deals.

Glad baby is head down now Jess.

Jyllian, good news on the job front. I hope this one has some tenure for him so you can relieve some stress.

I def want to go to a baby expo now! :)

Jess, I'm so glad he's head down! And don't worry about measuring a little behind. You & I are about the same size and I measured a little behind with Aiden in third trimester and he was one healthy baby boy! I know Luke will be born at a perfect weight/size, too! :)

Dani, I have heartburn like crazy! I had it with Aiden, too. It can be so painful!! And definitely annoying! I really hope it eases up for you and I both, and soon! (I'm sure I have quite awhile before I shake this symptom tho, since I have 223 days left and all...Your 77 days sounds so much better! :haha:). If you discover any tricks, please do share, and I'll do the same ;)

Jyllian, I'm so happy about your OHs new job! Hopefully everything goes really good there to relieve some of the stress for you! Thankfully OH's been getting new jobs so quickly...Thank god! The economy stinks & its so hard to find new jobs in NH. Anyway, I hope this job brings the stability that you want & need :) Having that before the baby comes is always a relief! :thumbup:

That baby expo sounds like a lot of fun! Makes me curious if there are any around where I live.

Jess, happy that Luke is head down!

I'm still having some very light brown spotting and I was thinking... Maybe it's due to the ultrasound I had on Monday? Did anyone else have light spotting after a transvaginal ultrasound?

Michelle- I had Brown spotting a lot until about 9 weeks . Even had red blood twice when I peed and it freaked me out! Dr said I had a cervical polyp which can bleed a tiny bit from time to time. Haven't had it in awhile thankfully.

Go Luke!! Hope he stays head down :thumbup:

Star super cute little legs :D

Dani I mentioned this on FB but apple cider vinegar works WONDERS for me. i drink a little and I'm totally set, plus it's great for you anyway. I always drink the kind with the "mother", I just get Braggs. I'll try to find an article.

I love this girls blog; she talks about ACV for heartburn here

https://empoweredsustenance.com/natural-heartburn-remedy/

ACV mixed with lemon juice with a ton of club soda saved me in the first tri, and now having a bit of ACV in water instantly gets rid of my heartburn and has reduced the frequency actually! Plus it's stellar for your immune system, I drink it all winter and never get sick!

Pam, you are hilarious. I pity the nurses on shift - they won't know what they're letting themselves in for. Hope things get moving for you soon!

Jyllian, those pictures are funny. Sounds like your hubby was a good sport. I'm glad he's found a job, and hope this one is more permanent so you can relax a bit.

Baby expo tomorrow - I'm interested to see what sales they have on at it.

I saw the OB yesterday and the little man is growing well. He's measuring about 5 days ahead, and my belly is measuring almost 4 weeks ahead. I am going to have a ridiculous looking bump by the end of this! He has such boy shaped legs already...

Expo sounds like fun. We had loads of them back in the big city where we lived. Always loads of fun. I never did go to the SEXpo though as I had no urge in buying 'toys' and see what everyone got up to there. A guy made news though for painting with his penis which sounds histerical to me :rofl:

I'm glad that you are doing well and so is your boy! I would trust the scan a bit more with measurements as my tummy always measures way bigger than what I am. Great u/s pic :dance:

Had an Ob appointment today. Cliffs notes version: the appointment went really well. Luke is definitely head down but not engaged yet. Measuring 33 weeks but I think it might have been the outfit I had on but who knows. We went over everything from the whole pregnancy and left with an appointment for next week where they will do a blood draw, gbs test and ultrasound to check little mans position.

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: Go Luke you beauty!!!!!! Very happy he is head down now and keeping my fx very tightly that he stays that way.
If all continues to go well you might just get your birth which would be AMAZING!!!

Is anyone else battling heartburn and indigestion? It's seriously going to be the death of me. I'm taking Zantac nightly but really would like to avoid taking any kid of daily med.

Baby expo sounds amazing! I hope you find some good deals.

Glad baby is head down now Jess.

Jyllian, good news on the job front. I hope this one has some tenure for him so you can relieve some stress.

I have it bad... I drink water and go sit on the couch and it flares up :growlmad:
If you can find Gaviscon? It works wonders for me. It is a thickish liquid and doesn't taste bad at all. It forms a layer ontop of your tummy contents so then nothing can push up. It is totally pregnancy safe and works wonders plus you don't need a prescription for it.

Also have you tried milk? If I'm out of Gaviscon and shops are closed I can get away with a glass of milk as well.

That baby expo sounds like a lot of fun! Makes me curious if there are any around where I live.

Jess, happy that Luke is head down!

I'm still having some very light brown spotting and I was thinking... Maybe it's due to the ultrasound I had on Monday? Did anyone else have light spotting after a transvaginal ultrasound?

It very well could be the u/s probe that has irritated your cervix. Like spotting during pregnancy after sex etc.
Remember too that brown is normally considered old blood so to me that already seems good again as it isn't red and you are not cramping :hugs:

Twelve week scan today. They put me three days ahead, making my due date CHRISTMAS DAY!
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/D36160F8-1F2C-4B82-ACF6-9EE89D459D16_zpskfhm5ogs.jpg

Laura, that's great! Chip looks wonderful. Did they actually move your due date? My clinic doesn't move it unless you are measuring more than 2 weeks either way since measurements can vary depending on the tech that takes them.

Yay! Glad Chip is well :yipee:

Due on Christmas... sounds like the perfect opportunity to start shopping for awesome Christmas day onesies!

Ladies, I have had a totally awesome morning. I haven't said anything yet because I didn't know if it would happen or not.

Anyway a short while ago I found out that there is a clinic about an hour from here that does birth classes etc. It was too late for me to be able to join as I was pretty much 37 weeks and they didn't have any classes scheduled for a while. Small towns etc they need to wait till there is enough ladies to come before they arrange the classes.

The lady however got in contact with me and said she would try her very best to meet me half way to discuss a few things. I was super excited but then the costs were too much for me and I declined because I was on maternity leave already and would not be able to pay for things that weren't absolutely required.

Long story short she told me to meet her half way this morning and not worry about costs. I spent a lovely morning with her one-on-one going through early signs of labour, the whole process of your body changes through labour, the golden hour after birth, in depth details on breast feeding and a few other things about caring for a new born. She brought me lots of sample prodcuts, a baby blankeet and a pacifier as presents to baby :D

She use to be a midwife in her days and then they opened a baby clinic that does birth classes, immunisations etc etc. She was amazing and has not charged me anything for all of this. She said she has a passion for this and was so uneasy about not being able to meet with me and God made it possible for her to meet with me today and she now feels better. She also said that some of the moms that do the birth classes ask her to support them during labour as a doula and if I want I can phone her on my way to the hospital - if she is available she'll help DH and I through labour with support free of charge.
I'm not sure if I would go for that BUT it is wonderful to have the option. She said that if I don't want her there during I am welcome to call her once we have been cleaned etc after birth and she'll come and help me with checking that I'm breast feeding properly at home and newborn care like bathing him etc.

I could really talk with her while we were together which gave me reassurance in the sense that I already know lots of things and just need to trust myself. There were also questions that she answered and things I didn't know.

Sorry for rambling but it was all so good and great and amazing :haha: that I can go on and on about how relaxed and ready I feel!

Go Luke!!! So glad he's made his way head down and hoping his stubborn lil butt stays there until he makes his appearance!

Hi Chip! What a great scan photo! Maybe you'll get an early Christmas present... the best ever!

I had some heartburn during second tri mostly but it's seemed to subside a bit as of late. Never had it with my other pregnancies. Seems like I'm getting all the extra perks with this one :dohh:

OH is going for his drug screening and physical this morning for the new job. Hoping everything goes well and he is given a start date. One possible issue... if he has to work the shift that has him going in on Sunday for next week it will interfere with the shower. He would work 7am-7pm and the shower is at noon. I told him to be sure to tell them about the baby shower we have had planned forfreakineverrrr (he had already mentioned he is expecting a son) and that he would gladly work night shift that day or pick up a shift in place of someone that could cover him or whatever just for that day. If they won't work something out with him I don't know what to do :shrug: This job is SUPER important but the shower is as well. I've already booked the shelter and paid for it for that specific day, let guests know the date and time in advance and sent out invites. Plus the cake lady had only that specific weekend available. Ugh... if he wouldn't had lost his job this wouldn't be a concern right now. Just something else to stress about. I'm pleased with this new job because it offers him benefits which is major, especially with having a baby... just hoping everything works out.

Pamela that's so great! How generous of her to do that for you and offer her services after Matthew arrives. It's nice to have someone like that to help with nursing and such if you feel you need it. Seems like this is just what you needed to help you relax and be totally ready for birth. Sounds like you are really all set to go now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->