Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

AFM:

Matthew has outgrown his fussy in the evening phase so no more crying with no reason.

I have been struggling for 2 weeks to get him to take a bottle in early preparation for when I return to work and have tried various expensive and cheap bottles and teats. He gagged on them all. I finally decided to make one last purchase yesterday and bought the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles and my little man latched immediately :dance: :yipee: :dance: :yipee: I am so relieved because now I can relax knowing feedings will be easy for daddy once I return to work

Sleep wise, I would nurse and do nappy change etc for about 30 mins as he only takes one boob for 10-15 mins and then sleep for 1hr 30 mins to be awake again as he feeds every 2 hours still. Here and there I'm getting 3 hour sleeps from him but that is early in the night aka too early for me to go to bed :haha: Last night though he slept from 01h00 am till 03h30 which was awesome!!!! Probably won't happen again hahah

In general we are doing good and I bought a carrier yesterday. Shopping was so much fun while wearing him. Everytime hubby says he is going to the shop now I'm like... wait for us because I want to wear the baby :rofl:

Hey pam!! All plans are coming together great! My mom has taken over, and I am letting her! Although she is beginning to drive me a little crazy over napkins. she took an hour to pick out a pattern, then found out they only can ship one pack. The world is going to end! lol. I'm thankful for her though. We have also come up with another fundraiser as well. I bought a 1000 piece puzzle, and I'm going to divide up the pieces and send them to family and friends to set up at work or church ect. People can pay 5 dollars a piece and sign the back with their name or a message. I will then collect all of the pieces and frame the puzzle to hang above the crib. It's a way to reach out past friends and family.

WOW!!! I love the puzzle idea!!!!!!

Happy to hear all is going well... hope the napkins get sorted so that the world doesn't end as I want to see your BFP first!!

Has anyone heard from Mary? I'm not friends wither her on FB, so not sure if she's been posting there. I hope she's doing well!

I've been over on the BFP thread, but I'm currently testing out the hcg trigger in my system. I'm hoping in a few days I'll have a true BFP and can head back over here again!

Yay for 50 days left Fi! I agree, it's gonna go fast... but then it's gonna slooooooooow down at the very end lol

Pam that's awesome Matthew hasn't been fussy! FX! And yay for the bottle! :happydance: You're doing amazing!

Chelsea omg I love the puzzle idea! So unique and special!

Michelle we can't wait to have you officially back over here!

AFM...

39 weeks today!

kWbTxQqElCFMVJkgbAVIODJqrfgjP6tSKiQBMUGyCyM=w287-h667-no
iTlDcBZI3-KZFrEB4fPoZgFaE7bcvw0HXK5gl6a0edI=s667-no

Feeling really good, actually. Anxious for my appointment this afternoon but not holding my breath. I'm sure the doctor will say nothing's changed since last week. I really hope I won't have to be induced :sad1: I like the thrill of not knowing when or where I will go into labor and would prefer it to happen on its own... but, however it happens is how it will be. Nothing I can do about it and as long as Cameron is healthy and I'm OK it will be just fine! My bag is packed, house is remaining clean with the help of my amazing little family and my mother and I just feel ready for this :bodyb: OH and I decided to DTD last night to possibly kind of help things along (and also, well, because we felt the urge :blush:) and it resulted in me running to the toilet numerous times with explosive diarrhea :dohh: Talk about getting the sh*t f*cked outta you :rofl:

:thumbup: with :sex: Jyllian but sorry about the diarrhea though. You're almost there like really there..... Remember, we agreed than no one should follow Pam's lead being over over due... :rofl:

Have you feeling any contractions yet? Or stong BH?

Love your pic.

I've had three strong BH today so far since early this morning. They happen more frequently throughout the day now, as well as cramping, sharp pains and discomfort for about a week now I've noticed. I don't recall experiencing any of this before! :shrug:

Jyllian - you look fantastic. Hopefully these are all good signs that your body is getting ready. I hope the OB appointment goes well

Pam - glad you found a bottle for Matthew. When do you need to go back to work? He's so gorgeous! I'm looking forward to testing out our carrier too

Daphne - I hope things are going well for you

Cheryl - put up pictures of your nursery!

Kirsty - any updates on the house?

Kenna - apart from the laundry, how are things going?

Michelle - fingers are crossed for you!

Chelsea - the puzzle sounds like a great idea, and lovely that your mum is so excited

Hope everyone else is doing well

AFM - I get to work from home this afternoon, and I have tomorrow off, which I am very excited about. My DH arrives home tomorrow from his last work travel before the baby. Woohoo! I'll post pictures of the nursery over the weekend.

:sex: really DTD for Jyllian I think! :rofl:

Michelle we can't wait to have you officially back either! I have very high hopes for this cycle :)

Fi i can't wait to! I just want to finish up one or two more things since we got the mobile the other day!

Happy 33 weeks, Fi..... :dance: Very close to pre-term stage now....

Jyllian - you look fantastic. Hopefully these are all good signs that your body is getting ready. I hope the OB appointment goes well

Pam - glad you found a bottle for Matthew. When do you need to go back to work? He's so gorgeous! I'm looking forward to testing out our carrier too

AFM - I get to work from home this afternoon, and I have tomorrow off, which I am very excited about. My DH arrives home tomorrow from his last work travel before the baby. Woohoo! I'll post pictures of the nursery over the weekend.

I start back on November 2nd... I know still lots of time but if he isn't taking the bottle now nothing will change when he is older. He latched once on the damn bottle and now struggles a bit again and gags. I know he latched on it and drank from it so I'm going to stick with it. He needs to take it eventually!

Cannot wait to see your nursery and enjoy the time off. Take advantage to get some rest :hugs:

Kirsty - any updates on the house?

No updates on the house yet. My husband went and viewed one by himself but said it needed quite a bit of work done, so has ruled it out. The clutch on my car went yesterday so we're pulling a chunk of money out of our savings that would of went towards decorating :dohh:

Can't wait to see your nursery pics! :)

LOVE your nursery! I'm not a huge fan of pink but that's freaking adorable. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that a willy doesn't appear at your next scan! Although by the looks of it, I'm sure Amy wouldn't mind decorating again :haha:

Ah no we had it confirmed twice. The first scan was 3D so we sw eeeeverything and then checked again at 21 weeks and she's still a girl :)
We wanted to gof or pink, but not too pink. I reckon we've got the balance

Pam, have you tried to let hubs give the bottle with you not in the room or the house? Maybe Matthew is like "why would I take that bottle when your boob is right there?" They can also smell you and you the breastmilk. Just a thought!

Found this: Babies who are breastfed come to mom expecting to be put to the breast and may become increasingly frustrated when that boobie doesn't appear. A dad, grandma, or family friend will likely have a lot more success getting baby to eat from a bottle. Your best bet -- after Dad -- is to try to find someone who has bottlefed a baby before. It might also be necessary for Mom to leave the room entirely.

That's interesting to know :) Luca fed fine from a bottle when he couldn't latch, but has been a pain in the bum since. He takes it fine from DH when I'm not in but kicks up a stink if I try! :wacko:

Pam - I don't know if it would help, but you can download the book "The Discontented Little Baby" and it talks quite a bit about helping babies with bottle feeding and regulating the flow so they don't gag. November is still a bit away, but I'm sure it will feel like it flies by!

Cheryl - We had fun playing with mobiles the other day. We've got some things to pop up on the walls, then we're basically done.

Kirsty - I was so frustrated in our last house hunting process, but so glad we got held up a few times as I absolutely love where we are now. I hope the same thing happens for you!

Laura - the nursery looks gorgeous! Such a lovely balance of being girly without being too over the top. I bet it feels a lot more real now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->