Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

That's...interesting! We bought airers to use during winter and have a dryer for bedding. The first place we ever rented was a 1 bedroom flat, and there was a small garden out back with 2 washing lines for the block to share. :shrug:

Where do you live again, Kirsty? I forget!!!

It's amazing how different our cultures our! I feel that America is quite wasteful. I love my country but we waste so much energy, food, etc. What we see as necessity is a commodity (or even seen as unnecessary) by many other parts of the world.

We live in the south west of the UK :) I'm from Italy and there, we just dry our washing wherever there's a space to do so :rofl: a lot of people hang their laundry over their balconies

The baby in my ticker got real creepy today. Also, "sleeping most of the time" is a lie.

You know nesting has kicked in when you feel it is important to clean your washing machine

Fi :rofl: I know how you feel! a few months back I spent hours sanitizing the fridge and dh came home to me cleaning the ceiling of the freezer one day.. The other day I saw a little mold on our washer and freaked (it's so humid here it seems like it's everywhere!) but I'm so tired these days I was like honeyyyyy.... Do something... :haha:

Kirsty I didn't know you were from Italy! How cool. We love it there and spent time in Florence on our honeymoon last year. My Italian is TERRIBLE though. Just awful

I plan on drying our diapers outside and I haven't heard of anyone in our city having complaints made on them.. Our neighbors are super cool too so I don't think it will be a problem! We have chickens across the street and we're all a little crunchy in this neighborhood I guess :)

I can't believe I'm a week from being early term.. Last Friday I got my huge assignment I've been nervous about for months and I worked all weekend. Working the next six days straight too I think to get everything done and it's definitely causing my pelvic pain to flare up but it will be worth it when it's all done! It's kinda funny trying to do photos for December right now.. One in the shot list was like "picture of snow angel" and I was like :saywhat: hahaha. I just want to get everything done before Leo decides to come on down! Heres hoping for some efficiency today and the rest of this week!

Oh and the nursery is nearly finished but still a few finishing touches. Can't wait to share!!

Good luck Cheryl. I'm also trying to finish up full-time and part-time work and it's not easy. We can do it!

Hope you both manage to get finished up before your babies decide they're coming out :thumbup: I love that my job doesn't require me to finish anything before I go on ML/quit. Although the huge amount of notice is a pain in the butt

Can't wait to see your nursery, Cheryl. I'm changing my mind on Reuben's at the moment. I want to pull everything out and buy a new furniture set. I liked the idea of white furniture with light blue and green bits. I might convince DH to pack away of his nursery and start again :blush:

Fi I have actually finished A LOT at home and feel even more ready for Cameron to come! My mom came over and with help from my son (DD was with her dad over the weekend) we scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, got the bathroom floor scrubbed clean - my 75 year old mother was on her hands and knees in there! - cleaned and organized under the kitchen sink, cleaned the ceiling fan blades, hung a few small finishing trim pieces throughout the house, cleaned out a cabinet in the kitchen and moved appliances from the top of the fridge, cleaned the top of the fridge (it was NASTY) and the vent cover underneath... yuck! My son mopped ALL the hard flooring throughout the house and I hung some pictures up. Yesterday I sorted through all sorts of papers we had in a pile, organized mine and OH's filing containers, did some laundry and started to clean windows. Phew! I haven't cleaned my washing machine, however :laugh2: but... I do want to pull the fridge out and clean behind it good.

Girls that's so unheard of here... being fined for hanging your laundry outside. But, I could actually see that being enforced in some of the "upper class" snooty neighborhoods in my town.

For those of you on Facebook and in our little chat group, I added NurseGinger in so be sure to introduce/re-introduce yourself! She's like a week behind me and hasn't been on BnB since shortly after getting her :bfp:

I'm so excited to see all of these babies come in the next few weeks! I clean my washing machine every couple of weeks, that's the downfall of a front loader though. They require a lot of maintenance.

I just need to clean around/under mine. OH said he would hang wire shelving above the washer/dryer for me on one of his days off which will be nice for setting the detergent, softener and such on so I can organize my cleaning supplies in a spot down there as well.

Jyllian, you have been busy

Cheryl, did you manage to make a snow angel? Hahaha, I didn't realise you were a miracle worker

My tolerance for clients at work is diminishing rapidly

Fi I'm the same!! I'm like don't you see how little I care?!? The big clients are super cool actually so no actual snow angels required :rofl: but my other smaller clients of course act like they're my big clients, pay me much less, and are super demanding and ungrateful! Did I tell you my former business partner asked if I NEEDED to take ML?! That was when I was like I don't think this is going to be a beneficial relationship any longer.. Lol. The irony is she is one of those women who always has such bad symptoms and pain and was on bed rest from like five months when she had her kids. And she is literally asking me if I can do a photo shoot out of state at like 39 weeks. No ma'am.

Oh and found out at my appointment today I'm not dilated but about 40% effaced! I know that doesn't really mean much but last week my cervix was 0%, and it's just kinda cool to know my body like... Knows what's about to happen. Obviously! It knows far more than I do :) but still!

Happy single digit countdown to you Jyllian and Dani!!!!!! Can't wait to see more babies in here.... :dance:

Yes Cheryl, you should of course be more than willing to take a job out of state at the very end of your pregnancy :dohh: Seriously? What is that lady thinking?!

As of now I'm officially the most pregnant I've ever been. I have my DD at 38+6, my water breaking at about 1am then delivery at around 6:30am. Looks like Cameron is super snug in there! I feel pretty good actually... just really wanting to give OH his son already. I know he's super anxiously awaiting to see and snuggle his lil man.

Cheryl, your former business partner sounds like a goose. It's so true about the clients though. It's always the small ones who are the most demanding. Nice work on the 40% effacement too!

Jyllian, congratulations on your single digit countdown!

So tired today... I had to work late last night and then had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.

Kirsty
I love those names!!!!! Luca and Reuben go well together.
I'm also totally in love with the 1st house! Just so much charm in it and if I could I would live in that one :D
If you buy it have us over okay? :haha:

Fi
Hope you feel a bt more rested! How is your nursery coming along and names for little man or did I miss something/forget?

Don't nest too hard. We run spin cycles with warm water on our washing machine so luckily it washes itself hahah

Chelsea
How are you? Haven't been on here in a while so haven't heard from you. Hope you are doing well and that your plans are coming along nicely for your shower?

Michelle
Hope you are doing well :hugs:

Jyllian
Looking great as always, cannot wait for your next bumpdate pic

Good luck at your appointment later

Kenna
:saywhat: I cannot believe you cannot hang laundry outside. In South Africa we have load shedding where we get scheduled periods per day without electricity because our lovely goverment F*cked up (too much detail to explain that), anyway we are suppose to work sparingly with electricity to try and avoid the outages... not being able to hang laundry out is a real waste!

Cheryl
I cannot wait to see the finished product of Leo's nursery.

Good luck in getting your work done and then rest up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->