Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

So sorry Michelle... :hugs:

Cheryl, any news yet? Happy 39 weeks....

Have an appointment and ultrasound today so I'll update with news then! I have a feeling he will come by his due date but otherwise still relaxed over here :D

We did a little photo shoot last night and it wasn't easy can't make Adam smile when no one is in front of him. We did get a couple of good shots and sent one picture to my family as they needed it in preparation for my dad's birthday. :D

~ Meet Our Small Family ~

https://i.imgur.com/mAq3lHN.jpg​

~ Here's another comparison of Adam and DH this is really close :haha: ~

https://i.imgur.com/JQGAXBO.jpg​

Thanks Laura.... How are you feeling today? I'm getting excited for your 4D... :dance:

I'm feeling great actually! Which is a change from the last few days or weeks. For the first time in ages I just feel fine!

Great pictures Daphne!

Laura - I can't wait to see your 4 D pictures!

Thanks for the support! However it looks like I'll be back to TTC. My hcg dropped to 230 today, so I'm going to miscarry. Hopefully third pregnancy is the charm!

:cry: I'm so sorry Michelle! Life is not fair and I wish I could change it for you!! Again so sorry hun

We did a little photo shoot last night and it wasn't easy can't make Adam smile when no one is in front of him. We did get a couple of good shots and sent one picture to my family as they needed it in preparation for my dad's birthday. :D

~ Meet Our Small Family ~

https://i.imgur.com/mAq3lHN.jpg​

~ Here's another comparison of Adam and DH this is really close :haha: ~

https://i.imgur.com/JQGAXBO.jpg​

You guys look great!!!!

Cheryl, any news yet? You're almost 40 weeks!!!! Can't believe Leo's still not here.... :D

Ha! I'm actually having a lot of anxiety about labor lately. I'm 40 weeks today according to my OB but of course I know exactly when i ovulated and I'm truly 40 weeks on Wednesday. They mentioned induction at the last appointment which would happen at 41+3. I've been obsessing the whole week about whether or not they would let me change my EDD based on my actual chart which we all know is so much more accurate than LMP, so I could go the full 41+3, rather than not even making it a full 41. That being said I feel both like leo is coming soon and... Never?! How is that possible? :rofl: but a few days ago I hadn't made much progress at OB and seems like he had disengaged but had gotten in the perfect position for birth. Then a couple days ago he flipped posterior!!! I have spent probably 10-15 minutes a day for the last 4 months doing spinning babies exercises to encourage optimal positioning, I never lean back in the couch, and I sit on the ball all the time.. And still?! I know that if he turned this late this easily he can do it again but i just felt deflated. I think he MIGHT have flipped last night but he's being kind of quiet this morning so not sure. He's so big these days it's hard to totally tell what is a back and what is a big ole hip if he's not moving much. Anyway, all of this would be fine BUT natural birth is so important to me. You all know that, and I calculated the other day I think I have probably spent close to 200 hours preparing for natural birth, not counting time spent doing yoga and going to the chiropractor and doula and all that. I know of course that we have to be flexible but I also feel like I would be upset if I ended up induced early for no real medical reason just because I sort of ignored my intuition midway through the pregnancy and stayed with my OB. I love her as a person and she's been my gyno for like 12 years (!!!) but she is definitely not nearly as natural and open minded as I need to support the choices I would like to make for our birth. We'll see what happens this week though. At our last scan everything looked great in terms of fluid and babys size and growth so hopefully she will be open to moving my dates back a bit. We have talked for nine months about how I got pregnant on New Year's Eve! But anyway, I just have so much anxiety thinking about having to possibly be induced and then it's like.. A huge portion of inductions lead to surgeries that are only medically necessary because of the inductions and even if not that, inductions are much more likely to need an epidural and that's more likely to lead to other interventions and all of that is more likely to cause breastfeeding problems and I know of COURSE that is no given and tons and tons of women have no problem at all after any of these things (my mom had two c/s and BF'ed us with like zero issues. She's like, I don't understand why you're even reading about BFing, it's just natural.. Lol!) but.. Am I making sense? Bleh. I partly have been feeling nervous because it's hard to talk about it and people become defensive about their own births and birthing choices but these are just what I hoped and planned for you know? So I feel like omg hurry up go into labor on your own!! But nervous about his position. And just lots of stressful stuff. I came to terms with everything a couple days ago like, I know, what would be the worst thing that could happen? I have a c/s and can't BF. I would still have a baby and I would feed him the best way I could, even if it's not maybe the best way in nature of course and he would miss the bacterial bath?! I mean, we would survive!! Hahaha. Or ok i get induced, I get an epidural, so what? I know there are no medals handed out for natural birth and yes it's what I want but.. I will still have a baby at the end of this! And of course I know all of that and am trying to just come to terms with the possible outcomes, which I do well when I'm rationally thinking about it, but at night lately I've been dreaming about dates and sort of nervous thinking about what I'm going to say to the OB on Thursday and doing all of those things that you can't really help. You know? I know that stress and fear can definitely put off labor (no way our bodies evolved to be like oh look there's a saber tooth tiger, let's have this baby!!) so I'm trying to do everything to come to terms on a subconscious level but it's just tough. Blah. So that's where I am these days :) DH and I are on a :sex: regimen worse than the TTC days! And we are doing lots of walking and stairs and walking with one foot on the curb.. :rofl: neighbors are like um.... Anyway sorry for the novel :( just had to let it out somewhere! My family just wants to like fix me so they always are coming up with these oversimplified solutions like "all that matters is Leo!" And of course that's true, he is by far and away the most important thing. But that also totally ignores the real feelings I'm having and doesn't help me process them in any way but just adds a level of both guilt and loneliness that doesn't help

Omg there should be like four installments to that post ugh!

Daphne how are passport things going?

Fi I can't believe you're almost 37 weeks! Early term!!!

Kirsty any news with house hunting?

Cheryl there will always be hope for you to still have your vaginal birth with the induction. Like me you can have your labor without pain meds and no interventions and be great at breastfeeding.
Having said that I really hope that Leo comes on his own and that you get the birth you want. We know it is important to you. Also glad that you are looking at the possibilities of what might happen so that you aren't too dissapointed if it doesn't go like you planned :hugs:

Perfectly put. Your thoughts and what ifs are normal. I think you're doing a great job of continuing to focus on the birth you want while being open to somethings not going completely according to plan.

Thanks ladies. Sometimes it really bothers me and most of the time I'm like eh whatever. But when it bothers me I feel so guilty and like it takes up so much of my energy! Hoping he just comes in the next couple days!

Try not to feel guilty hun. There's only so much you can control unfortunately. I hope you get the birth you want :)

Many :hugs: Cheryl! Labor and delivery is very uncertain, anything can happen! But one thing is for certain, you will have Leo in your arms!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->