Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Sounds like baby to me! :D

It's weird because living in the UK, it seems like a huge percentage of mothers in the US are stay at home mums. People here seem to stay at home for their maternity leave and then go straight back to work. :shrug:

(Badly worded. Using one hand and nursing)

I hope it was :D That would be so cool!

In South Africa it is more 'popular' as well for moms to go on maternity leave and then return to work. I would really give anything to be a stay at home mom!

You do good for a one hander, Kirsty :haha:

Sounds like baby to me! :D

It's weird because living in the UK, it seems like a huge percentage of mothers in the US are stay at home mums. People here seem to stay at home for their maternity leave and then go straight back to work. :shrug:

(Badly worded. Using one hand and nursing)

Kirsty, I loved your closing sentence lol.

I cannot imagine a year. That's awesome! I get 12 weeks but I'm going to save up as much vacation time as possible so I can wrap it in with the holidays. Staying at home isn't an option for me financially.

Looks like we need to start playing the lottery, Dani. We can win big and retire before giving birth :D

Good night ladies, chat to you again tomorrow :hugs:

Haha thanks. My phone puts caps in automatically after a full stop so that helps! I was just responding to another thread and dropped my phone. Had to call for my husband to come and pick it up :blush:

I can't imagine having to leave my baby with a family member/nursery after 12 weeks. Definitely feel for you guys :cry:

I will more then likely be a stay at home mom after my mat leave is up. The amount of hours and time frame I was working before hand just does not work for our situation. Dh does have a decently paying job but the the main reason is the cost of daycare here. The amount I would be making would barley cover the cost of it. Id basically be working to keep her in daycare and that makes no sense.

Our maternity leave is total crap :( how can we be big ole *MURICA!* And have literally the worst in the world? Personally I'm self employed so who knows what will happen there.. But I'll probably be working again around 6 - 8 weeks :( at least it will be super chill

Sweetmelodies--I don't know your name yet!--that is freaking perfect! OMG love it, using it.

Pamela :(on the job. hormones man!! But that is so exciting about maybe feeling baby!!!

Yeah I don't think I can't balance the stress of work and a newborn, my boss just needs so much from me. And it's all or nothing so I think it's best for our family and for my company if we part ways! It'll be tighter financially but we will make it work :)

Kim, 1 year leave?!??!!!??? That is freaking awesome.... Here they only give 40days paid maternity leave and one (1) day paternity which is so f*****ing crazy enough when i give birth. DH and i talked about me quitting my job so i can be a stay at home mom. I have at least 3 mos from birth to file for my resignation for my company to pay my end of service in full... DH will then file for his vacation when im about to exit the country with our baby and will stay in our home country until DH could get me and our baby back here under his company's sponsorship that way we can have our own insurance paid by his company. But that means i cannot apply for any kind of work which is fine with DH. We dont want our baby to be left to any stranger esp here.

Are you and your husband not originally from Saudi Arabia then Daphne? X

Nope. We're from Philippines... We only plan on staying here for another 5-6 years then probably move to Canada...... DH is planning to take his CMA certificate here first before we start moving there....

I have heard from hr. I need to email them my doctors note and then they will start the process of accommodation/leave of absence. Either way I'm quitting, it just depends on how quickly. If they accomodate me I'll probably stick around a bit longer than if they put me on leave,

In order for my sponsorship to transfer under my DH's i have to exit the country.. When i leave i'll take our baby and DH will go with us for 1 month vacation. Then he'll return back get our papers fixed and will return here under his sponsorship. For how many months it will take our papers fixxed, i'm not sure. They say 2-3 months maximum... DH will surely miss those early months with our LO....

Ok, good night ladies. I mean good morning its 02:24 am here have to get my :sleep: now.

daphne what is your sponsorship? What do you do..?

Ok chicas the craziness persists.. Comparing lines from yesterday, what do you think? Look ok? Going to the doc tomorrow

https://i57.tinypic.com/14mfmzc.jpg

The unmarked ones are from 11/13 dpo, today

https://i59.tinypic.com/3005fys.jpg

By the way, I've been reading and found that magnesium deficiency can cause or worsen morning sickness! I've been using it as an oil for a couple months, since it's like impossible to get enough in our modern diets and with our horrible soil. You might want to try something like https://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Mine...&qid=1421031910&sr=8-1&keywords=magnesium+oil. It helps me sleep soooo well too.

daphne what is your sponsorship? What do you do..?

Ok chicas the craziness persists.. Comparing lines from yesterday, what do you think? Look ok? Going to the doc tomorrow

https://i57.tinypic.com/14mfmzc.jpg

The unmarked ones are from 11/13 dpo, today

https://i59.tinypic.com/3005fys.jpg

All tests look beautiful Cheryl..... That FRER is so far better than the FRER i took (both lines were faint, at least the same color :haha:) which got we so worried. Still going to the doc? I can't wait to here your updates.

Me and DH are working as accountants here. DH works with one of the biggest companies here and i'm in a private one. We are both sponsored by the companies we work for. DH can't apply for a family visa because i have my own sponsor here and my employer won't allow me to transfer my sponsorship to my DH because that means I have to leave them now and they're not ready for that.... So the only option for me is to file for a resignation within the 3 month period from birth (to get the full end of service pay) and exit the country.... I can choose to resign after the 3 month period but i that will forfeit the full end of service pay and will only get 1/3 instead so we have to do it as soon as we can... It's good for DH because then he can have a vacation, 3 years after his last vacation.. Hopefully everything goes smoothly as planned....

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z54b36eba41574.gif
:happydance::yipee::wohoo::yipee::wohoo::yipee::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back