Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Ah that's a bummer! I hope you guys can get something you both like. What is your name and dh's name? If you don't mind me asking. Maybe there is some cool we can get from both names?

I did somehow unsubscribe so I just spent so much time going through the 100 pages I missed. Ooops!

I hope you guys are able to find a name. I think that is the problem with picking names before you meet the baby (although we have our names picked out too)

Ooooh SweetMelodies according to your ticker 11 days left... Do you feel as ready as can be under the circumstances?

Well yes and no. The nursery is ready, bags are packed for the hospital. I have done so much reading and research on labor etc. that everything I read now is just repeating itself, but I still keep reading lol.

I'm probably prepared as I can be, but am I ready? I have no idea. I'm nervous. I read a lot of women saying they can't wait to have the baby in their arms. I have days like that, and days where I just don't want to be pregnant anymore because I am so so uncomfortable. (This happens mostly around 4 am when I have cramps/ heartburn, cannot find a comfortable position for the life of me and just want to sleep already!).Days where the thought of labor and everything that follows just seems really overwhelming. Then there are days where I feel completely fine, enjoying the little movements that I will miss when she is no longer inside me. So am I ready? I don't think anyone can truly be ready for something so life changing.

lol that was probably much more of an answer then you needed ;p

Also I just watched this video again it's very true, and what she says about sleeping after the baby comes makes me feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD621xdQpdE

You answered perfectly. That's why I said under the circumstances because with it being 1st baby and all we don't know what to expect.

Are you on maternity leave yet or how does it work for you?

Oh I wouldn't want to use another baby loading :) that's all P! Just generally funny icons. When I google it it comes up with creepy pregnant avatar people! Lol

You answered perfectly. That's why I said under the circumstances because with it being 1st baby and all we don't know what to expect.

Are you on maternity leave yet or how does it work for you?

Yes I'm on maternity, and have been for a few weeks now. The mat leave in Canada is amazing. 17 weeks maternity leave and then 35 weeks parental leave. 52 weeks in total, 1 year of leave.

My job involved me being on my feet a lot, which atm is just not feasible lol. So Ihad to go on mat leave a bit earlier because of it.

Oh I wouldn't want to use another baby loading :) that's all P! Just generally funny icons. When I google it it comes up with creepy pregnant avatar people! Lol

lol no worries!!

:shock: I would move to Cananda just for that!!!

We get 4 months only and normally it is unpaid unless the comp you work for has their own payment policy. I'll try to go till 2 weeks before due date to allow more time at home after.

:shock: I would move to Cananda just for that!!!

We get 4 months only and normally it is unpaid unless the comp you work for has their own payment policy. I'll try to go till 2 weeks before due date to allow more time at home after.

Yes, I really know how lucky I am. You need to have a certain number of insurable hours here as well then you can receive about 50% of of what you were making weekly.

Melewen I thought this was really cute!

https://i57.tinypic.com/jfdgu1.png

Wow now I'm really considering it :D lol

I'm so excited for you being next in line and cannot wait to hear your birth story... Sorry I'm having an extremely broody night :haha:

I'm on 6 months full pay, rather than 12 on half. The couple I work for are lovely and extremely eager to have me back sooner rather than later :shrug:

Wow now I'm really considering it :D lol

I'm so excited for you being next in line and cannot wait to hear your birth story... Sorry I'm having an extremely broody night :haha:

:D that's ok! I keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking I'm going in to labor lol Don't worry I will let you guys know when it is happening!

Omg awesome maternity leave!!!!!! Can't wait to meet your little girl!

I don't know what the heck I'm doing yet lol. I do plan on working up until birth and then I get 2 weeks of paid time off and then 6 weeks unpaid. I will then either go back as normal or go to work and turn in my notice to stay at home with the LO!

Kirsty, your leave sounds great as well and having a great boss makes it easier to go back to work in my opinion.

I think I'm going to have a tough time :cry: ah darn now I've gone emotional again. Hahah I have too many moods in too short a time :rofl:

I can't wait to go back to work but I'm also dreading it at the same time. I work with the couple's children and taking baby with me is more than doable. I'm just worrying about all the germs and not be able to give him the attention he needs. He'll still be tiny when I go back :cry:

Oh no Pam! What's wrong? :(

Thanks for the reassurances ladies :) I switched to decaf on getting my bfp-and tbh I don't mind at all as I prefer decaf tea taste and coffee does nothing for me! So decaf is fine! Drinking camomile as I type!

So this will be my second baby-and I prepared as much as you ladies for my DD 18 months ago-and was very glad! You don't want to need to get anything really in the first couple of weeks, but soon shopping is fun as I love buying my DD clothes and nice bits, plus in the first few weeks when your establishing routines, getting out helps your sanity :) It really is beautiful, amazing in fact-but yes in between feeds and going to the loo, I learnt from my sister that sometimes I can't time getting ready right and by 1pm I was still in my pj's! So best advice I got was to put baby down in moses knowing she was fed etc and get ready-if she cries, let her cry. Before I knew it she learnt that time meant she needed to occupy herself. She also loved being outdoors. This is something you'll all learn and do in your own ways. Like I had a bedtime for DD, but never to this day had set nap times-she slept around my day and that way I never sat in missing things because it was her nap time. She'd sleep anywhere if she was tired-my sling/arms/pram/car/others arms/restaurant chair ha ha! Also my OH said he wanted to take her out to friends houses who had babies and children when it went past her 8pm bedtime. I was worried this would undo my hard work, but alas he was right and DD would not be affected and we often stayed out til midnight with her at friends houses, sometimes she'd sleep, sometimes she'd stay awake. But now she plays til we go home and it's only once a week or so. Oh also my DD taught me at only a few weeks old she likes her own space! Sounds simple to understand but not when she's screaming and your feeding/rocking/burping and wondering what they hell was wrong! I put her down before I was about to scream myself and she stopped immediately and went to sleep! It didn't always work but then you'll see that every day is different at first with a baby! You're both learning. Also remember if you do struggle that everything gets easier after 6 weeks :) Hope you don't mind me waffling on about my experiences with my first born. Enjoy every second, and I REALLY missed feeling her movements, they were just for us to feel and share. (Obviously others felt but I mean those delightfully reassuring 4am kicks etc)..so hopefully ill experience those again very soon :) I wonder if ill feel the same? I was soooo in love, but I thought I was having a boy-my intuition very wrong! So we chose DD's name after she was born.

I'm a bit weirded out giving names just incase people read my personal thoughts on here that are in my life...ie someone at work or something! But just call me A if it's easier :)

So here's a list of the top of my head I'd say make sure you have:

If breastfeeding, get an electric pump and bottles and steriliser (although next time round im just washing the bottles as normal as using boiled water to sterilise!) As I loved the fact OH could feed baby with my milk and I got a good chunk of sleep.

Muslins, swaddling blanket-and watch YouTube video on how to do it-I swaddled DD's arms but not legs. Sleeping bag if cold. Ewan the sheep! 20 vests and baby grows and lots of nappies. Oh and don't feel the need to change nappy at every night feed-you're told to do this but my friends and I were joking about how pointless this was as nappy hardly used and newborns hate nappy changes! So it just woke them up more and made them cry longer!

A little swinging chair/bouncer. Thermometer. Wipes. Cotton wool balls. Baby bath. Moses.

Can't think of anything more but you get the jist! Hope it helps

Just thinking about hating my job :( In bed now and dreading going to work tomorrow. That is just after a weekend away. Imagine how it will be after 4 months maternity leave :shock:

Don't mind me though, I recover quick, takes more than that to get me down. Just hormones helping me be silly.

I **think** I might have felt baby a few minutes ago. I don't know what to look for but it felt almost like bubbles and it was in my uterus area. Gas I normally feel higher up. FX it was. Just grasping at straws for now :D

You guys get so much time. Here in the states we are guaranteed 6 weeks unpaid but many women go back before that because they can't go without the second income.

That is so sad Jess. I mean it takes you about 6 weeks to heal properly and then you have to be back at work. That sucks :(

Has HR been able to get back to you about another position at the school or did you still need to go and see them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->