Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Hahaha Daphne yes! I really am! Like I don't have nausea at all but you should see me try to act professional on conference calls.. it's really bad. Naturally.. the symptom I would get. I'm so concerned with my gender-calling skills now, because you totally look round like you're carrying a boy! But you ARE carrying pretty low. Dang! I'm doubting everything now :rofl:

So I took a CB Adv. yesterday and got a 3+ weeks preggers. The day before I got 2-3 weeks. How accurate do you guys think those are? Like accurate to the DAY? I got my CB monitor telling me I O'd on CD16 (in which case I'd have been 23 dpo yesterday) and the pregnancy test telling me I was 21 dpo yesterday.. what the what

Oh, wanted to share this super random photo with you guys. This is from the shoot I did yesterday - and sip 'n spit totally worked! I felt like such a rebel photographing cocktails whilst preggers - ha!

https://i58.tinypic.com/ea137b.jpg

Very nice photo melewen! That would be a fun and interesting job. At my job I work in the office but also in the lab at a small manufacturing plant where I test a hot pour asphalt based crackfiller (the black squiggles you see in the roads that have filled cracks in pavement). I pour samples of each material made every day then test them the following day to ensure the products meet ASTM standards. We ship all over the USA. It's different and I enjoy the mix of desk work and stinky, messy lab work.

AH! I can't believe I forgot this! Last night I had a dream and you were in it Daphne!! Isn't that crazy?! It was like DH and I were on vacation in Mexico (where we conceived! But don't worry.. it wasn't that kind of dream.. hahaha) and we were at this hotel in the pool area and there were other couples, I guess it was Mexico because we were paying in pesos, and then you and DH were sitting on the edge of the pool, I don't even know if you were pregnant, you were just there, and they had asked us where we were from--the hotel people--and gave us a big surcharge based on being from the US. And then you guys got a small surcharge because you were from the Philippines! How weird is that?!

Very nice photo melewen! That would be a fun and interesting job. At my job I work in the office but also in the lab at a small manufacturing plant where I test a hot pour asphalt based crackfiller (the black squiggles you see in the roads that have filled cracks in pavement). I pour samples of each material made every day then test them the following day to ensure the products meet ASTM standards. We ship all over the USA. It's different and I enjoy the mix of desk work and stinky, messy lab work.

That's so interesting and random! Like I would never think that was even a job. It makes sense though! I love my job.. it used to mean drinking at 9 a.m.! Not anymore... :D

:haha: the dream.... Did you know that our currency is in Pesos as well? Glad you saw me in your dreams feels like you've met me already... Havent had a dream yet with my bnb families in it :(

Your photo is so amazing. DH just got the camera a month or two ago and still struggling in it. :haha: but he's a fast learner so no worries....

We just finished listening to Amira's heartbeat. It took some time because DH is looking at the wrong place. He then placed it near my belly button about an inch below and there it was. :D will put the video tomorrow... Oh, i really love this invention.... :dance:

I would love to have a doppler when we have something to listen to! Seems so neat.

Too weird about the pesos! Maybe that's why they didn't charge you extra.. I thought they were just hating on Americans in the dream :D

My best advice for your camera is set it on aperture priority mode - you will get some gorgeous shots of Amira without much thought that way! I shoot manual because I'm sort of masochistic but that's my job :) I tell DH to shoot in aperture priority. I need to get this man to figure out how to shoot my bump! Taking them on timer is way harder than it should be.. maybe it's just our crammed house!

Sorry about all the quotes....pregnancy brain has totally struck and I can only seem to remember the last person to post lol.

The nurse at my appointment yesterday said 8 at least. But regardless I'm going to sit and talk with my partner regarding that as well as our birth plan so we don't run into any more situations :thumbup:

I've been thinking about when I give birth (though it's months away) and I think I feel more reserved now that I'm older. When I had my DS at age 18 and my DD at nearly 21 I had quite a few people in the room with I delivered - the father, my sister, my brother, and both grandmas. I was young, super nervous and unsure. Now the thought of having people in the room while I deliver other than my SO makes me uneasy :wacko: I wouldn't mind people being there when I was in labor but not too thrilled about the idea while I'm delivering... This is a very special time for my partner and I, a very much planned pregnancy, and I want to cherish the special intimate moments with him without the commotion from others. Plus, when they deliver I want the immediate skin to skin contact with my LO and not only am I uncomfortable with my hoo-ha all out in the open but also whipping my milk jugs out with an audience :laugh2:

Ronny (hubby) and I discussed this also. We are inviting my parents to the hospital and his mom but we don't think she'll make it down. I don't care whose in the room during labor, but when it comes time to pushing Ronny and my mom will be in the room. My mom has been with me through all of the toughest of hospital situations and Ronny doesn't do to well with the hospital stuff.

Hahaha Daphne yes! I really am! Like I don't have nausea at all but you should see me try to act professional on conference calls.. it's really bad. Naturally.. the symptom I would get. I'm so concerned with my gender-calling skills now, because you totally look round like you're carrying a boy! But you ARE carrying pretty low. Dang! I'm doubting everything now :rofl:

So I took a CB Adv. yesterday and got a 3+ weeks preggers. The day before I got 2-3 weeks. How accurate do you guys think those are? Like accurate to the DAY? I got my CB monitor telling me I O'd on CD16 (in which case I'd have been 23 dpo yesterday) and the pregnancy test telling me I was 21 dpo yesterday.. what the what

The jump from 21 to 23 dpo isn't that far. I don't think it is as accurate as telling exact weeks from ovulation as I was at 3+ weeks at 14dpo. I think it goes more off of "average" hcg values. If you are high, naturally it is going to put you further and if you are low it will put you less far. 3+ sounds accurate for you though.

Oh, wanted to share this super random photo with you guys. This is from the shoot I did yesterday - and sip 'n spit totally worked! I felt like such a rebel photographing cocktails whilst preggers - ha!

https://i58.tinypic.com/ea137b.jpg

That is an awesome pic! I suck at camera operating.

:haha: the dream.... Did you know that our currency is in Pesos as well? Glad you saw me in your dreams feels like you've met me already... Havent had a dream yet with my bnb families in it :(

Your photo is so amazing. DH just got the camera a month or two ago and still struggling in it. :haha: but he's a fast learner so no worries....

We just finished listening to Amira's heartbeat. It took some time because DH is looking at the wrong place. He then placed it near my belly button about an inch below and there it was. :D will put the video tomorrow... Oh, i really love this invention.... :dance:

Daphne, you have to be carrying so much lower than I am, or your baby is lower than mine is. (I know this is going to come out sounding wrong and I don't mean it to be). I find it fascinating that you are picking up the heartbeat about an inch bellow your belly button. My baby is currently hanging out pretty much directly to the right of my belly button. It could also be a difference in torso length changing things up. All of this is so incredibly interesting!

Jess I know it's not a big difference but this early every day seems like a huge deal! :)

I know what you mean, I just meant in the grander scheme of weeks past ovulation it is still 3 either way you look at it lol. I am happy you got your 3+!

So I wrote a letter to the parents explaining what was going on and emailed it to the teacher for approval before printing it off. I feel so bad for leaving and asked if we could tell the kids tomorrow because I don't want them to feel like I am abandoning them. What do you think of the letter?

Dear Parents,
It has been such a pleasure teaching your child this year. I have truly enjoyed every minute of our time together, and am so proud of all that they have accomplished this year.
I just wanted to take a moment to share some news that is happening in my personal life. My husband and I are excited to announce that we are expecting our first child in July. This pregnancy has not been easy on me, and as such I have decided to go on leave starting Monday, January 26th.
The para assigned to take over my position is not known at this point, but school administration and the district are working very hard to find a permanent substitute. I plan to visit the classroom periodically throughout the remainder of the school year, to see how everyone is doing.
It has been a great pleasure getting to know your child these past several months and I am confident they will make a smooth transition.

So I stupidly just took my temperature and it was really low! Should I be worried? It was 97.32, which is about right below my coverline-ish. I know I shouldn't have but now I'm worried!

I didn't temp after my BFP, but I wouldn't worry. You just got your 3+ Right? Maybe one of the other ladies have some experience but I know post BFP temps can fluctuate.

I did yeah. I feel totally fine, just small cramps here and there, no spotting or anything. We saw the yolk sac and everything was sized right, levels are high

Stay away from that thermometer. Trust your body. I tested randomly afterwards and even that would give me anxiety.

I've put it out of reach way in another drawer! I should pitch it. I forget that the day I got my BFP I had a huge dip! My temps are always erratic. Officially calm

Cheryl, I got my faint grey on 9dpo, faint pink lines on 10dpo and positive digi on 10dpo (Pregnant 1-2).
11 Dpo I went for bloods and I only temped until I think it was the morning of 13 dpo because that was when af was due.
After that I only had 1 repeat BETA and no more POAS or temping.

I know everyone is different and want their own experience and I totally get and respect that.
My personal experience is that chucking the thermometer (until you want to ttc in a few years :D ) and stopping with the POAS after confirmed bloods has made me stress so much less about progressing tests and jumping temps and the baby.

It has been pretty much smooth sailing with 1 or 2 waves for me and I wouldn't do anything different :hugs:

Jess, I think that letter is beautifully written and very sweet to send out to the parents. I wish things could have gone differently but now you can stay in bed all day if you feel bad! And be able to prep for the baby even more! So exciting :)

Daphne, you have to be carrying so much lower than I am, or your baby is lower than mine is. (I know this is going to come out sounding wrong and I don't mean it to be). I find it fascinating that you are picking up the heartbeat about an inch bellow your belly button. My baby is currently hanging out pretty much directly to the right of my belly button. It could also be a difference in torso length changing things up. All of this is so incredibly interesting!

(none taken Jess <3). My LO is all around.... :haha: At 17weeks, we had the longest minutes finding the heartbeat then DH found her near my pelvic bone which is very low... At 18 weeks scan, baby's head is positioned in my cervix like im ready to give birth so maybe that's why we found it on the low side. Baby still has a lot of room to play around and being this far in the pregnancy makes finding her heartbeat a challenge since baby will make a lot of movements unlike early on when they stay stationed in one place quite longer....

Your letter is perfect.... Sure they'll understand.

Here's our baby's heartbeat at 19 weeks... Apologies for some static you'll hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTX99qyHEwE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->