Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Hey everyone! I took a little time away from the world due to my issues that were going on. Father of the baby and I are not together, he hasn't really asked about this child until his aunt said something to him which today I asked her not to say anything because i don't want to force it on him. After everything I don't care if he's in the life or not. I do not want to be with him.

On a lighter note I am 7 weeks today and had my first appt! Reality really set in!!! 156 beats per min. With the heart. They wanna keep check on mine and the babies hearts. I got labs done today, scheduled with cardiologist, and figuring when they will start testing for any fetal heart issue. Going to get a blood drawn in a few weeks for gender and abnormalities. Reason for all the heart stuff Is because of my heart surgery and heart issues I've had and me being out of breath and having heart palpitations/arrhythmias again since I got pregnant, And both sides of my family have heart issues. Hopefully the photo attached, on my phone at the moment. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
Sorry it's sideways! Couldn't figure out how to turn it after attaching and u/s was vaginally done

I'm alive guys! I think... So sleepy lol. So let's see. Incoming long post!

At 4:30am on Saturday the 17th I thought I had to pee. Was just about to get up when it felt like the little lady hit her head into my cervix. There was a trickle of liquid and I thought she had hit my bladder causing me to pee a little. Then I thought..or did my water break? So I sat up a tiny bit, more trickle... I grabbed the towel I had been keeping beside my bed (just in case) stuck it between my legs and sat all the way up. Big gush! I had no contractions at all. So I wake DH up and called the maternity ward to let them know. They told me I should come in since they didn't have the results of the strep swab test I had just taken the following Tuesday. They said to take my time since I had no contractions, shower, eat ext.

I'm going to pause at this moment to tell you something I wish I had known before. After your water breaks you keep leaking continuously until you give birth. I knew about the bleeding after but for some reason thought when your water breaks it just all comes out lol. Sigh!

So we took our time and got to the hospital at around 6am. Checked in and they gave me a swab to make sure it was my water that broke. So once that was done, I got changed and into bed. They checked to see if I was dilated only one cm. So then we waited. I ate breakfast at 9, still no contractions. At 9:30 the nurse said the dreaded word I did not want to hear..Pitocin. So at 10 am I was put on a pitocin drip along with and antibiotic drip ( because of the unknown test results) then we waited. The nurse came in every half hour and turned the pitocin dose up. It was about noon well eating my lunch that I started feeling small contractions. By 1:30pm I thought I was going to die and or have a panic attack. I also was very nauseous, I asked the nurse to call for the epidural. The doctor was an hour or so away so she gave me gravol and morphine to help me cope. It did nothing for the pain but it calmed me down enough that I could focus on breathing. The nurse said she would check my cervix again after I had the epidural since I had only been having strong contractions for about an hour and a half. The docter finally arrived around 2:30pm to give me the epidural, it was kinda scary. Make sure you don't move! Was repeated over and over, even when your having a contraction. Very nerve racking, but it was worth it lol. After it was in and the nurse made sure it was working she checked my cervix. It was pretty ammusing seeing the expression on her face when she realized I was 10cm dialated and that the baby was "right there". So they called the on call doctor who was there in a few mins. Got me all set up and we started pushing 4 contractions later (less than 20 mins pushing) and the baby was out. Truthfully I was in shock. I felt no pain at all none, no burning nothing just a bit of stretching and pulling feeling. I actual couldn't believe it. The ladies said I was made for having babies lol. So at 3:23pm little 6.6 lb baby Kira Marie was born. From pitocin drip to baby in 5 1\2 hours.

Well that's long enough for now, I'll tell you all more later!

Sorry to hear about your ex, ginger. I'm sure he'll come around eventually. Love the scan picture - cute little legs!

Aw, she's beautiful Melodies! I know what you mean about your waters breaking. Mine went at the hospital and I was convinced I was just peeing myself over and over again. :hugs:

So sorry NG. You've got all of us to help you along the way. Adorable scan.

What an adorable little girl sweetmelodies!! Sounds like labor wasn't too rough on you. Thanks for sharing your story. I love hearing those!

What a gorgeous girl! Sounds like the birth was not too bad!! So glad everything went smoothly and baby is healthy :)

Omg Kira is absolutely adorable!!!! You made me feel less afraid of labor lol. I'm terrified!

MamaBunny
I cannot wait for your next appointment :D

Before falling pregnant I use to donate blood every 3 months so I'm use to needles but I know people who are afraid of them and can understand that :hugs:

NurseGinger
Yay I'm so glad to hear from you again!!! We were really starting to worry about you!

I'm sorry that the father is being such a child!! But I agree with one of your previous posts that you cannot be in a relationship with a child and have one. I hope that he starts to show more honest interest and if not his loss.

Ah look at your cute little peanut!!!!!! Amazing. How are you feeling symptom wise? I'm glad you'll get some extra monitoring with your heart. It helps a lot to get some extra care when pregnant to make everything easier for you :D

SweetMelodies
Hi :hi:
Thank you so very much for sharing your birth story, I also love reading them and glad that it went great.

Kira is absolutely perfect!! Congrats!!

Here's my 19 Weeks Bump

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/19WeeksBump_zps0cda4485.jpg

For comparison: 18 and 19 Bump - I think i've grown a little in a week :happydance:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/18-19Bump_zpsc46b1549.jpg

Kim, baby Kira is so adorable..... :dance:

Ginger, glad to hear from you again.... I'm sorry about what happened between you and your bf. I hope one day he realizes the wrong he has done.. Praying there are people around you to help out... :hugs: We're here supporting you in any way.... :friends: Glad you got to see your baby early and that's an amazing sono..

Happy 19 weeks, Daphne! You are gorgeous and I def see a difference in a week!

Thanks Kenna. Thought i'm just imagining it... 19 weeks bump looks more round than the previous week and it's as if I swallowed a basketball :haha:

Haha!!!! It's crazy how our bodies change so much! Are you afraid that you are going to be the size of a house at full term? I sure am for being as big as I am now!!! Lol hope that didn't sound offensive, just meaning we both showed pretty early :)

Not offensive at all... I thought that i might be a size of football field at full term when i started showing early... Thought first time mom would show later maybe not everyone.... A very close friend of mine said few weeks ago that my belly looked like hers at 5 months.. That's when i realized im really showing faster than others... But when i see yours or Jess' i know i'm not alone :haha:

I had strangers asking me when I was due by the time I was 25 weeks, thinking I was due to pop at any second :brat:

Lol! Well at least we can feel big together!!!!!! My boss told me I looked like a coworkers wife who is due 3 months before me :( haha

Lol, Kirsty! I think we'll be in that same boat as well! I feel self conscious somedays but then I feel the baby moving and it makes me know that belly = healthy baby!

Here's an amazing stop motion pregnancy... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5laqT4tkk2U

I loved my bump but keep thinking that I only had a 5lb baby and people were making those kinds of comments at 25 weeks. Feeling for any of you that have a bigger baby! :haha:

Wunna I can't wait either! I want to hear my baby's little heart!

NurseGinger I'm so jealous you got a scan! So happy your back on BnB, I missed my bump buddy :hugs:

SweetMelodies Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope my birth is like my other two and relatively easy :thumbup:

mdscpa Beautiful bump!

AFM After my appointment yesterday we announced our big news via Facebook:

He posted this one from his account...
2015-01-21_19.40.32.jpg

I posted this one from mine...
IMG_20150121_193612-1.jpg

The caption said "We are proud to announce the upcoming arrival of our lil meatball on or around September 2nd!" :laugh2:

We got a lot of congratulations :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->