Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

First pic made me pee on my pants..... :rofl::haha: Sweet second pic.

Congrats with the announcement... i can't wait any longer to make ours.... We'll see if we can keep the 24week announcement... :haha:

I love our first pic, it's what I really wanted for the announcement. His idea was the spaghetti kiss but we are both goofy people so the first one is more us. There's NO WAY we could hold out for 24 weeks! Him and his mom especially were DYING to share the news publicly :dohh:

Love your announcement!

Luca's nose looks like an alien... and well, his mouth is the same shape as a moustache :rofl:

[pic removed]

:rofl: Kirsty.... He's the most adorable alien i've seen if that's the case.... :haha:

Haha! It looks like a space raider crisp, which is what I actually compared him to after one of our earlier scans

Now of course I have to vent. My hormones must've had me super easily irritated yesterday. It was a good day, I was excited for my 8 week appointment. We are at the office and the nurse is going over everything and then schedules my next appointment. I could choose February 4th or 11th and of course I wanted ASAP so chose the 4th... to which my SO replied "Oh but that's the day Switchez (that big slobbery dog of his I don't care for) gets his nuts chopped off". To which I replied "Well then you go be with the dog and I'll come listen to our baby's heart". He was like "Don't start or you're gonna piss me off...". Uh, I'm already there dude :growlmad: And once the appointment was set his mom said "Oooh can I come to the heartbeat appointment?!" and he immediately replied "Well yes". :saywhat: Um what? I was going to talk to him about the appointment where we we first hear our baby's heartbeat and that I would like it to be special for just me and him that time. I didn't realize the nurse would schedule my next appointment right then and there with his mom sitting next to me. So great... I'll be the b*tch pregnant girlfriend if I say she can't come. So then I was sent to the lab for a blood draw :wacko: I hate needles and was super nervous. I signed in and he just haaaad to go smoke and get on Facebook. His mom had left after the nurse consult so of course as soon as he walks out to go do that I get called back and had to call him on his phone to come back in and I had to carry my sweater, coat, purse, bag with pee sample, bag of papers and books I received and our drinks we got from the vending machine into the back room where they would stab me with the needle. Then I had to go let him in when he made it in. I had met him at the office separately for the appointment because we were both at work and on my drive home I started to cry. I was so pissed and upset mainly about the stupid dog comment. At home, he could sense my mood and asked if I wanted him to leave me alone and asked what was wrong and what did he do. I told him and he said "Well I don't have to pick up the dog until 6:30 that day. It has nothing to do with anything anyways". I replied with "OK? Then what was the need to even mention it in the first place? Exactly. It has NOTHING to do with our baby and who the f*ck cares about it?!?!" We had to run to the store to get food for dinner. When we got home, I asked him if he would like to go nap while I cook dinner because he has been getting to bed a lot later than usual the past couple days and I knew he was very tired. So I'm fixing homemade marinara sauce, cooking spaghetti and homemade breaded chicken with parmesan, parsley and cheese for the Facebook reveal photo. I was trying to hurry because it was getting late, he had to get to bed and also his mom was really anxious to make her own Facebook announcement but waiting until we shared the news first. I ran upstairs to find my camera while dinner was cooking and find him laying in bed with his nose in his phone, on Facebook. I said "If I knew you were just gonna come up here and be on your phone then I would've had you help me with dinner". UGH!!! Thankfully, I'm having a better day today... so far. I swear it takes all I have not to go completely insanely full-on b*tch mode sometimes.

Mamabunny I love the announcement!! So cute. The second one is adorable but I love the first one so much.. So goofy!! I'm sorry to hear about your adventures with the man.. Men can be such sh*ts sometimes I swear. I already told dh way in advance like, we are NOT telling your family until week 12, your dad is NOT coming to the ultrasounds (he's a doctor and oh god.. The commentary I would get. "The baby is small because you drank wine at your wedding..".. He is muslim too so he thinks he can back up his religious beliefs with "science" because he's a doctor.. Bleh) and he got all pissy. I would freak out if dh had invited his mom to that appointment! I'm a little biased :) but I don't think it was your hormones or that you were bitchy or anything. He just sounds like he was being really selfish! I'm sure he'll realize what an idiots he's been and make it up to you :D

Daphne!!! Gorgeous mama!! I love your bump so much. Last weeks bump looks like a girl and this weeks looks more like a boy! Really defined and ball-like.... No pun intended. Yall don't know the sex yet right...? Or am I really behind? I also freaking love that stop motion! Omg how hard that would be to do. She must have put markers for her feet. But it gave me the idea of using my computer for the pictures! I've been using my camera for work and getting it to focus is like impossible, from a tripod with a timer. They don't need to be crazy quality so I'm gonna try that!

I am not expecting him to be able to come to every appointment because of work. But if he can make it to the first heartbeat and the ultrasound I'll be satisfied :thumbup: I wouldn't mind his mom coming to any other appointments with me/us. There's just a few things I wanted to intimately share with my SO but if it doesn't happen I guess it's not terrible. I try to think of how lucky we are that his family is so excited and happy and that this is his first child and his mom's first grandchild. I'm sure I will love seeing his reaction to hearing our baby's heart for the first time regardless of who's there.

1 month in and I've finally made a parenting journal!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ur-early-christmas-surprise.html#post34737955

Cheryl, are you having an early pregnancy brain already? We did get a scan last week and they said we're having a girl. :D We're going to have anatomy scan next thursday surely we are going to ask 2nd opinion.

I love the stop motion thing of i only knew about it long time ago i would have tried making it. I wanted to have it but my tummy is already big so maybe on our next baby :dance: hope you manage to make that kind of video i'll surely wait for it :happydance:

Yay Kirsty, I'm going to sign in there :D

Mamabunny, your announcement pics are awesome! The 1st one is the best!!
Sorry about all the drama with SO and his mom. We shouldn't have to think for everyone else. Hope it gets better soon :hugs:

Oh... just remembered not only will we be hearing the baby's heartbeat at the next appointment but the doctor will be performing a full pelvic exam. And his mom want's to be there... Can we say awkward? I hate being in this position. I'm just going to have to sit down and talk to him about my feelings and hopefully he will understand. It's so easy for him to just say yes without thinking... and then leave it to me to be the one that decides otherwise. Because now if he tells her she can't come it falls on ME since he's already given her the OK. I wish he wouldn't have said anything to begin with.

I think she should as a grown women try and think for herself. Would she have been comfortable with her MIL being there while a dr had his fingers all up in her?? Really?!

Right?! :rofl: We could ask her to step out but I mean first off I wanted it to be just me and him to begin with when we hear OUR baby's heartbeat for the first time... and now she has to be shooed out because I'm uncomfortable as well? What if they send me to the exam room and ask me to undress upon entering while I wait for the doctor (as they always have for pelvic exam appointments)? Then it's going to be super awkward and inconvenient. I just want to enjoy this special visit with my SO. In my opinion, it makes more sense for her to patiently wait until our third appointment where the doctor will listen to the heart and measure my belly, no undressing, no pelvic exam. And if she wants to come to any other non invasive appointments that's fine as well.

I completely understand how you feel! I would be mad too if my hubby invited someone along without asking me first. I recommend first and foremost being honest and saying that you don't want anyone but your so to go with you to the appointment. If that isn't an option then I would suggest either asking the doctor/nurse prior to the consult to ask your mil to step out and do the exam and babies heart beat without her in the room (somehow it always seems easier if the nurse asks someone to leave due to needing to do something invasive than doing it yourself) or change the date/time.

My SO actually just left from bringing and having lunch with me at my workplace. I was unsure whether to just tell him or wait until this evening but ended up explaining that I'd prefer it to be just him and I for this very first appointment. For one, because I wanted the first time we hear our baby to be shared between the two of us... and two, because I would be getting the full exam and although I love his mom am just not comfortable with her being there for that. I also don't want to have to shoo her away or ask the nurse/doctor to accommodate her being there because of my pelvic exam when she can just come to any other non-invasive appointment and stay for the entire thing. I told him it sucked I was in the position I am because his mom and him just went ahead and made the plans for the next appointment and now since he said it was OK if any changes are made it's obvious I was the one against it.... but hopefully she'll understand.

He didn't seem mad or upset... or maybe he was just hiding it :shrug: When I get my ultrasound anyone that wants to join us (I think it's 8-10 people total) would be fine with me. I'm thinking all the grandparents (there'd be 7) and then him and I. I better discuss this with him way in advance before sudden plans are made again!

I'm glad you talked to him about it. You may want to talk to the doc about the number of people in the ultrasound room though. All of the ultrasounds I have had done barely have enough room for my hubby to sit, let alone accomodating multiple people. If they all fit, that's great but just check to make sure.

The nurse at my appointment yesterday said 8 at least. But regardless I'm going to sit and talk with my partner regarding that as well as our birth plan so we don't run into any more situations :thumbup:

I've been thinking about when I give birth (though it's months away) and I think I feel more reserved now that I'm older. When I had my DS at age 18 and my DD at nearly 21 I had quite a few people in the room with I delivered - the father, my sister, my brother, and both grandmas. I was young, super nervous and unsure. Now the thought of having people in the room while I deliver other than my SO makes me uneasy :wacko: I wouldn't mind people being there when I was in labor but not too thrilled about the idea while I'm delivering... This is a very special time for my partner and I, a very much planned pregnancy, and I want to cherish the special intimate moments with him without the commotion from others. Plus, when they deliver I want the immediate skin to skin contact with my LO and not only am I uncomfortable with my hoo-ha all out in the open but also whipping my milk jugs out with an audience :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->