Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Can I vent please :cry: I'll try to keep to the short version.

Major fight with my sister just now. She gets married end of April and her bachelorette is mid March on a Saterday. I have to drive 3hrs to get there and seeing that most of my family and friends are there I thought I could do babyshower the Sunday. Her wedding is end April and in May I'm 8 months so cannot be too far from my hospital and travel alone.
She now flat out refuses me to have the babyshower the day after her bachelorette because she'll be hungover and the day after the wedding because it was just her wedding (I didn't want the wedding idea)

She keeps on throwing in my face that her wedding gets neglected due to people being excited about my baby. Well I'm so f'ing sorry that this was turned into a sick competition and that ny baby has become such an inconvenience! I always consider everyones feelinga but not once have any of them asked me how I feel!

Screw this :(

Sorry for the rant ladies

:hugs: pamela. That's just unfair, it's not like you are trying to overshadow her special day, she just needs to be considerate and suck it for one day! A day that isn't even involved in her wedding at all!!!

Oh wow Dani (I finally remembered a name! Sorry ladies, I'm terrible with names and there's just SO many BnB members :wacko:) that is too funny! Allergic to her sweat? :rofl: I know a girl my age that eats all organic, gluten free, lactose free, healthy this and that for whatever illness she has blahblahblah and yet is always sick and at 5'7" (same height as me) weighs about 100 pounds and is proud of it (my pre-pregnancy weight is 135) and she looks sickly. I don't think she's nearly as bad as hypo Heidi... but she's an attention whore :sick:

Thx Kenna! That was my thoughs exactly. I wasn't awarew of the fact that all these months before her wedding had to be about her as well. I told her she will have her special day when that day comes. I'm pregnant every single second of every day for the next few months and people will talk about it.

I'm going to have my babyshower on March 15 and she can attend of she wants or not. I'm done with always being the considerate one and never getting anything in return.

Pamela your shower day is all about YOU and you should have it when you want and for reasons you should not have to explain or have to be considerate of everyone else. It's a shame your sister is being like that. Getting married is a special, important event in one's life... but so is pregnancy and birth! She should be more understanding. Either she can come to the shower or keep her hungover ass in bed, her choice.

Thx ladies! I appreciate the support, I thought I was just being I (b)itch but I will be there for both her special days and I can't hide or turn of my pregnancy so it needs to be accepted.

On the upside I made the best curried brocolli chicken dish!! Dh had 3 servings :shock: Makes me so happy when I make him or his tummy for that matter happy :D

at 5'7" (same height as me) weighs about 100 pounds and is proud of it (my pre-pregnancy weight is 135) and she looks sickly.

I'm 5'8 and weigh 115lbs (8lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight). You've just confirmed all my fears :rofl:

Oh I weighed 110 when I conceived my son and wish I could go back to that weight. I don't think this girl even weighs 100 I was just rounding up! It seems with every pregnancy I hold onto a little bit of weight... wondering what I'll be at a year after this one's born :shrug:

Pamela, you're not being a bitch or difficult. People need to be accommodating and realize it's not all about them always. You're both having life changing events!

I'll go back and read later just wanted to update you guys. I passed out last night and called the doctor today to let them know. I had a huge lecture about not coming in. They determined it was from dehydration and started an iv. At the end of the first bag I started vomiting and am now working on the second bag

I'm 5'7 and was 140 pre pregnancy, I am now 135 (finally gained some weight back, got down to 128 a few weeks ago!!!). I feel like 135 is a good weight for me so I hope I can drop a few extra pounds post baby :)

Oh no jess, I hope you feel better soon!!! Glad you ended up in the hospital after all, you def needed it!

Dani what... allergic to her own SWEAT?! That is madness! I pride myself on our (usually) healthy diet but I am like NEVER sick. If I get sick I think.. something isn't working!!! Lately however I've been living off of TV dinners and tinned ravioli after dark. OMG it is bad.

Pamela get it girl! That is super rude the way your sister is acting. She gives brides that dreaded name... bridezilla! I wasn't hungover at all the day after my bachelorette, that's absurd that she's expecting that. You would think it'd be like a big celebration! Poo on her for this

Thanks for the support ladies :hugs:

I'll just go ahead and do my thing. I too thought that this would have been 1 BIG weekend of celebrating all the exciting stuff in our lives like we use to do. I never thought she would have a problem with it... She never use to be like that! Oh well whatever, I'm over it!

Exactly 2 weeks from today is my scan and then I can find out gender and see my baby!!!! :dance: Who's excited?? MEEEEEEEEEEE :wohoo:

You and your BNB families are sooooo excited :dance: except your sister who thought this is a competition of attention... Feel sorry for her. This should be an event of celebration for both your baby and her wedding....But apparently not...

Jess, sorry you're having so much trouble with sickness but i'm glad you ended up in the hospital.... Feel better soon..... :hugs:

Jess that's awful! Hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Pamela how exciting! What do you think you're having? I'm leaving it up to my SO to decide if we find out the gender or not. He was set on knowing then second guessed but now I think he's back to finding out :dohh: Can't wait to see pictures!

I would love to have a surprise gender reveal... maybe make an online poll and have everyone guess the gender then do something fun and unique for the reveal. Can't do that if my mom and all his family is there with us at the scan though :nope: I may have to run that idea by him and see what he thinks.

Thanks for the support ladies :hugs:

I'll just go ahead and do my thing. I too thought that this would have been 1 BIG weekend of celebrating all the exciting stuff in our lives like we use to do. I never thought she would have a problem with it... She never use to be like that! Oh well whatever, I'm over it!

Exactly 2 weeks from today is my scan and then I can find out gender and see my baby!!!! :dance: Who's excited?? MEEEEEEEEEEE :wohoo:

I'm sorry your sister is being a snot Pam. I would do what I wanted to do regardless of what she wants. It's convienient for everyone. I'm super excited about your gender scan though. Are you going to tell others what you're having?

Jess that's awful! Hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Pamela how exciting! What do you think you're having? I'm leaving it up to my SO to decide if we find out the gender or not. He was set on knowing then second guessed but now I think he's back to finding out :dohh: Can't wait to see pictures!

I would love to have a surprise gender reveal... maybe make an online poll and have everyone guess the gender then do something fun and unique for the reveal. Can't do that if my mom and all his family is there with us at the scan though :nope: I may have to run that idea by him and see what he thinks.

We're doing a gender reveal baby shower. Maybe you can have the tech write it down and out it in an envelope.

Update: I started vomiting after about 3/4 of the bag of iv fluid, went to the bathroom and puked some more, partially ripping out the iv in my arm. I continued vomiting through the second bag so they gave me a Phenergan dose via iv. 1/2 way through the second bag of fluids I actually almost fainted walking to the bathroom. I got really dizzy and collapsed to the floor. The only saving grace was I didn't actually black out that time. I'm now on watch so my hubby and mom have to take turns babysitting me in case it happens again.

Once again thanks to you all for the support :hugs:

Mamabunny, happy 9 weeks :D
I'm not sure about what we are having, I am leaning towards boy but the closer we got to the scan the more I don't know. I can't wait to find out gender!

Jess, I'm so sorry that you are feeling so sick :nope: I wish you could feel better and not have all these worries about fainting etc. Does the patches you got not work anymore either?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->