Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Wohoo Kirsty! Getting your groove on again :D Do you feel all giddy and excited?

Pamela so far so good! I've had a couple waves of nausea but they're quelled easily by some La Croix or a ginger chew. When did your m/s start? Mostly I'm just exhausted!

Daphne..... I am telling you... when I saw your bump last week I thought.. boy!! Maybe his um.. little part had a growth spurt last week :rofl: Who knows, can't wait for a confirmation one way or the other! Can't they do bloods to tell too? What's the hearts BPM?

My dreams are super vivid, but they always are, and not so so raunchy just yet. Last night I had this dream I was in this house we used to live in in Phoenix, but it was apparently our house.. but it was ALSO the house I grew up in in North Carolina, and I was like omg why did we forget about all these rooms for the nursery?!?! And then when I woke up I was like um, yeah, there's really only one option.. dammit. It was really odd. I even tried to pour a glass of orange juice in the dream and there was only a tiny bit.. I was SO THIRSTY! I am so damn thirsty all the time that it's crazy to think it crossed over into dreamland..

So my doula had to cancel AGAIN today.. another birth. She's a student midwife so I know she's in more births than she would normally be, but when I called her initially she was in a birth, then we scheduled an appointment last week, birth.. rescheduled for today.. birth. They say they have NO births scheduled for the next two weeks so we're going to go in next Wednesday, and I know that they wouldn't schedule my birth close to anyone else's but blehhhhhh. She seems really great though so I'm OK with it. I don't know if I'll use her in the capacity where she can do vaginal exams and monitor the baby's heartbeat and whatnot during labor, since I know vaginal exams during labor are not really encouraged - can introduce so much bad bacteria in there and to the baby - what would you guys suggest? I want to labor at home as long as possible!

Oh, and how healthy did you guys eat in the first tri? I'm in Bradley classes already (not sure if I mentioned why.. there's only one woman who teaches in our area and she's preggers so this is her last class! We had to jump in 4 weeks late otherwise I would have had to do Lamaze or something, bleh) and they ask you to write down everything you eat.. all the girls in the class are at least 2nd tri and they all have righteous bumps, and I feel super guilty about feeling so turned off by the healthy food we used to eat! I just want to know.. will it get better? Lol

I'm a little nervous. Part of me feels like I'm going to get ripped in half, then I remember I pushed 5lbs out of my hooha 5 weeks ago and it settles.

I can't find Daphne's potty shot pictures :cry: it was this thread they were posted on, right?

LAST POST.. I am considering changing my avatar to this.. what do you think? :rofl:

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/495631839.jpg

Bonus points for the raccoon eyes. I guess that's the artist's interpretation of pregnancy hormones? Coupled with the dead-inside evil grin she's got on now?

She never checked the heartrate. I guess she just wanted to see if i'm really preggers :haha: she measured the baby and and got 21weeks (1 week ahead again). She said thats how they do it and detailed scan like anomaly or 3D are done at the radiology department. I will definitely ask the sonographer to make it 3D when he/she is on the gender area that'll put this confusion to end :haha: Now, we are not sure if we are going to keep our 22 weeks appointment at my old hospital coz thats another scan... You think it'll be too much or can i just move it to 23 weeks instead?

I'm sure it will all go great Kirsty!

Cheryl, I started ms in middle of 5 weeks up until just after 13 weeks. Since then I've had the odd few pukes but it's better than constant ms.

In the beginning I didn't eat that healthily because I just tried to stomache something. Now though I must say I crave healthier foods, so yes it might get better :D

Here it is...

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/10917610_10205031130952945_819524472_n_zps5d025cd4.jpg

Almost the same as this shot from the internet...

image.jpg

Hoping I got names correct! I'm really trying!

Jess only my SO and his mom have really noticed my bloating. I have vivid dreams, a lot being very sexual involving me and my SO and they are HOT :blush: But last night I had a bad dream that him and I split up, likely because I've been so frustrated with things lately :shrug:

Cheryl I love your weekly photos! And that crazy preggo lady is too funny :laugh2: I hate pickles but perhaps I'll change my mind on that during my pregnancy. As far as eating goes I've just been eating whatever I like at the time - English muffins with butter and jelly, bagels with cream cheese, block and string cheeses, pasta & bread (though one of my phone apps said to avoid carbs like that... uh, no thank you) soup, granola bars, bananas, apple slices and caramel, orange juice, plain or chocolate milk, water with some flavoring or ice, chicken breast... nothing weird or junky. I haven't been craving junk food or sweets.

Daphne your bump is so amazingly perfect! Love! Are you guys hoping for a boy? So excited to hear the news next week :happydance:

Kirsty yay! That's great news because I'm already worrying about how my hoo-hah is going to be left looking like after giving birth a third time. Speaking of shaving, I really need to get on that because I've been lazy and slacking :dohh: I told my SO that when I get big enough and can't maneuver around in that area he will have to help me :thumbup:

Thanks Jyllian. DH doesnt have any preference he just wanted to have kids so bad :haha: me i prefer my first born to be a girl maybe because i think it'll be easy to raise one :haha: we cant wait either the excitement of knowing the gender came back after today's confusion. But that means we have to wait again and we all know we ALL dont like to wait... :haha:

Cheryl, i really like your "Twilight" idea. So awesome.... And i cant wait to see how you'll take a watermelon with that shot... :haha:

So do you think baby is like.. the size of a personal watermelon.. or one of those enormous oblong ones?!

Yourt doing great with the names Jyllian :hugs:

Oh Cheryl I almost forgot to mention that preggo lady scares the living sh1t out of me!! Please let me never go to that dark side :rofl:

Daphne I think boys are easier, in my opinion (and from experience) :thumbup:

I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like anything and everything puts me in a foul mood or makes me upset. I don't mean to sound bratty but really don't care. I'm particular about things (aka "picky" if you will). My other two children were born when I was super young and I relied on my parents and others to help with everything - supplies, the nursery, shower, etc. This time with me being older and much more stable and since I got rid of all my baby items almost 10 years ago, I would like to get certain new things for this LO. My SO and I had looked at some crib sets as well as strollers, swings and high chairs. We found a crib and chair we both like and saw some nice swings. I have always wanted one of the swings that sway side to side (if I ever had another baby) because they didn't have them when my daughter was born. Well I think last week his mom sent me a text about a crib on a Facebook garage sale site for $40 with no mattress. I didn't respond because at the time I was overwhelmed with anxiety and negative emotions regarding my SO or something related, plus his mom had went with us to my first 8 week appointment and pretty much invited herself to the next appointment where we will hear the heartbeat and my SO told her she could come without hesitation (I discussed that matter with him shortly after). She had also contacted my SO and told him she wanted to get the stroller, but it had to be from Kmart so she could put it on layaway since she didn't have the money right now. Him and I had a stroller picked that we liked and it's $100 more at Kmart but I had also told him that I'd like him and I to go to other places and check out strollers and things to make sure we got what we wanted. Now his mom sent me a photo of a swing listed on a Facebook garage sale site for $15 and says she's getting it for me. I appreciate the gesture and am glad she's excited about her first grandchild but I wish she would calm down a bit. It's still early and him and I were planning on having a BaBy-Q coed shower/diaper party for our friends and family. Being this is his first child, I am sure his family will want to get things for the baby and that's why I told him we will have to start a registry at a few places. Then whatever we don't receive we can get afterwards. His mom could pitch in on items with us if she wanted or go in on an item with another family member. Or she can get some things for her house. I told my SO his mom getting the swing and he was super excited. I told him it wasn't what we had looked at and he said it shouldn't matter, a swing's a swing and if his mom wants to get things now why shouldn't she. I just told him forget I even said anything. Like, just WAIT until we have the shower and then worry about getting things. Not to mention I'm still dealing with other issues, his dog and trying to work on the house - see this thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ent-conceived-need-vent-thoughts-welcome.html. I'm so over this. I feel awful, it's like the only thing I enjoy about this is the simple fact that I'm pregnant. I feel ungrateful too because I know plenty of women trying to conceive their first and would love to be in my position.

Daphne I think boys are easier, in my opinion (and from experience) :thumbup:

I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like anything and everything puts me in a foul mood or makes me upset. I don't mean to sound bratty but really don't care. I'm particular about things (aka "picky" if you will). My other two children were born when I was super young and I relied on my parents and others to help with everything - supplies, the nursery, shower, etc. This time with me being older and much more stable and since I got rid of all my baby items almost 10 years ago, I would like to get certain new things for this LO. My SO and I had looked at some crib sets as well as strollers, swings and high chairs. We found a crib and chair we both like and saw some nice swings. I have always wanted one of the swings that sway side to side (if I ever had another baby) because they didn't have them when my daughter was born. Well I think last week his mom sent me a text about a crib on a Facebook garage sale site for $40 with no mattress. I didn't respond because at the time I was overwhelmed with anxiety and negative emotions regarding my SO or something related, plus his mom had went with us to my first 8 week appointment and pretty much invited herself to the next appointment where we will hear the heartbeat and my SO told her she could come without hesitation (I discussed that matter with him shortly after). She had also contacted my SO and told him she wanted to get the stroller, but it had to be from Kmart so she could put it on layaway since she didn't have the money right now. Him and I had a stroller picked that we liked and it's $100 more at Kmart but I had also told him that I'd like him and I to go to other places and check out strollers and things to make sure we got what we wanted. Now his mom sent me a photo of a swing listed on a Facebook garage sale site for $15 and says she's getting it for me. I appreciate the gesture and am glad she's excited about her first grandchild but I wish she would calm down a bit. It's still early and him and I were planning on having a BaBy-Q coed shower/diaper party for our friends and family. Being this is his first child, I am sure his family will want to get things for the baby and that's why I told him we will have to start a registry at a few places. Then whatever we don't receive we can get afterwards. His mom could pitch in on items with us if she wanted or go in on an item with another family member. Or she can get some things for her house. I told my SO his mom getting the swing and he was super excited. I told him it wasn't what we had looked at and he said it shouldn't matter, a swing's a swing and if his mom wants to get things now why shouldn't she. I just told him forget I even said anything. Like, just WAIT until we have the shower and then worry about getting things. Not to mention I'm still dealing with other issues, his dog and trying to work on the house - see this thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ent-conceived-need-vent-thoughts-welcome.html. I'm so over this. I feel awful, it's like the only thing I enjoy about this is the simple fact that I'm pregnant. I feel ungrateful too because I know plenty of women trying to conceive their first and would love to be in my position.

:hugs: I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. I hope everything will calm down so that you all can focus on each other and the baby, and not having family overbearing. The Dog thing is tough too! Too much all at once :( please don't feel bad for venting, it's why we are here!!!!

Jyllian I'm sorry for your struggles.... grr! This is suppose to be a wonderful time for you and your SO and nobody else is suppose to be interfering.

It differs from person to person, I for example announced my pregnancy and my mom bought a stroller for us the same day. That is however because I am different to you and your MIL should be able to understand that. She needs to understand that she cannot make any decisions without you because she doesn't know your preferences!

Is it at all possible to talk to her nicely and to say you are finding this all to overbearing and you need time to enjoy being pregnant and shopping with SO. I mean if you look at it, it only took the 2 of you to make the baby. I don't recall you telling us that she was there when you were BD telling him how to etc.

I hope you feel better soon and that things do calm down. I'm glad that in spite of everything you do enjoy the actual pregnant part :hugs:

I thought I'd share my "I'm thankful for being pregnant" quote of the day with you ladies :D

https://i.imgur.com/FiwB6z8.jpg

Hi ladies,

How's everyone? After crazy turn of event yesterday with the gender confusion, I have some good news... DH finally felt our baby move/kick/punch last night and we were able to film it. Here's the video... I should warn you that they were tiny movements that you might not notice but i have put a spotlight annotation on the specific spot so you don't have to wander anywhere :haha: Let me know if you did see them... :D Sorry about those little belly hairs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKKkns-9qQU#t=93

Movements: You may forward the video up to 00:38 and You can stop playing it after 01:35, since no other movements were visible.

1. @ 00:42 - 00:44
2. @ 00:59 - 01:02
3. @ 01:26 - 01:29
4. @ 01:31 - 01:33 - the strongest!!!

Found this forum where her princess became a prince after few scans. Maybe im the same case.... Page 4, her scan pics that shows a girl and page 9 her scan pics that confirms its really a boy.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...now-prince-updated-potty-shots-its-boy-4.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...now-prince-updated-potty-shots-its-boy-9.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->