Still looking for our May Flowers...

So I just got a positive opk a few minutes ago! Very excited to see that smiley face on CD20, my temp was up this morning so I guess I will see what happens in the next few days.

Beaglemom, congrats on the new car! I always get a 2 year lease and when I got mine last year I went with the ford explorer to make sure I had the third row of seats because I was positive I would need them for our weekend trips with our new baby. I love my car, I am an SUV snob, especially with the winter weather we get. :)

So I just got a positive opk a few minutes ago! Very excited to see that smiley face on CD20, my temp was up this morning so I guess I will see what happens in the next few days.

Beaglemom, congrats on the new car! I always get a 2 year lease and when I got mine last year I went with the ford explorer to make sure I had the third row of seats because I was positive I would need them for our weekend trips with our new baby. I love my car, I am an SUV snob, especially with the winter weather we get. :)

I was seriously considering the Honda CRV. My husband has a Rav4 & I love it. It has space & drives like a more compact vehicle. I just don't like feeling like I am driving a boat! I am just so used to small. Before we got back to TTC I was actually looking at the 2 door Fiat. My husband wants a new car...so I almost considered letting him get one & I take his...but again, couldn't give up the mpg. I guess I am a Prius snob :)

We have thought about leasing...but we put too many miles on a car. Plus I get pretty attached. It was a little sad leaving my car behind.

Oh, sorry I just rambled on about the car thing & totally forgot...congrats on the pos opk! If you stay with that 9-10 lp, how does that line with your appt?

I was seriously considering the Honda CRV. My husband has a Rav4 & I love it. It has space & drives like a more compact vehicle. I just don't like feeling like I am driving a boat! I am just so used to small. Before we got back to TTC I was actually looking at the 2 door Fiat. My husband wants a new car...so I almost considered letting him get one & I take his...but again, couldn't give up the mpg. I guess I am a Prius snob :)

We have thought about leasing...but we put too many miles on a car. Plus I get pretty attached. It was a little sad leaving my car behind.

Oh, sorry I just rambled on about the car thing & totally forgot...congrats on the pos opk! If you stay with that 9-10 lp, how does that line with your appt?

Super funny that me and my DH are total opposites of you...we love driving the big cars! My hubby has a full size truck. We put tons of miles on going to the lake house, but we are lucky though because my hubby can borrow work cars for our weekend trips to save on miles. I get really attached to my cars but every time I drive off the lot with my new lease I swear it is 10 times better than my old car especially with the new technology changes. Even though you are sad about your old car, think how great it will be to put the car seat in your backseat and drive your new little one home from the hospital!

Thanks, I am glad I finally got a + opk! Feeling a few pains on my right side. I think I am in good shape if I can have an 8+ day LP. Even if I O tonight or tomorrow, AF shouldn't show until next Sunday/Monday at the earliest and my appointment is on Tuesday! How are you feeling?

Cramps and twinges. Decided to test until Monday 15 dpo before giving up.

Savvy Yes a + opk!!! I have a really hard time doing opks when I O on cd20. It is like I am half a crazy person by the time I get it from peeing on so many things! lol

Congrats on the positive OPK, savvy!! I knew it would happen eventually! Happy BD'ing!! :)

AFM temp dropped this morning but still high. Didn't test today but probably will tomorrow. It's annoying that I have to pack items for both scenarios since I'm still not completely out if I get another BFN tomorrow for my trip next week.

Floridasian & Beaglemom, I'm hoping this is your cycle!

Congrats on the pos opk savvy!

Hi moni, Erin and anyone else I may have forgotten :hugs:

Welcome to all the newcomers :dust:

Thanks girls, I got another blazing positive this morning. Over the last few cycles I think I am noticing a trend where my LH surge starts in the late afternoon/evening. I am thinking I will most likely O tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hi Suzy, how have you been? :hi:

Beaglemom, Erin and Floridasian, keeping my fx'd for you! :flower:

Misaacs, unfortunately it just looks like I ovulate super late every cycle...I get so discouraged the later it gets too. Hoping the RE can help move up my O date! How have you been feeling?

Thanks girls, I got another blazing positive this morning. Over the last few cycles I think I am noticing a trend where my LH surge starts in the late afternoon/evening. I am thinking I will most likely O tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hi Suzy, how have you been? :hi:

Beaglemom, Erin and Floridasian, keeping my fx'd for you! :flower:

Misaacs, unfortunately it just looks like I ovulate super late every cycle...I get so discouraged the later it gets too. Hoping the RE can help move up my O date! How have you been feeling?

Hi honey,
Pretty much the same... Blah! No AF, I tested 3 times last week and all BFN's. Tomorrow is my OB appt so that is what's motivating me right now. I had a meltdown yesterday. I was on Facebook and saw yet another couple who are expecting. It was a beautiful picture of them smiling and he was looking at her bump with that loving and proud dad-to-be smile you know? It just felt like a sting in my heart. I wasn't able to hide my sadness from DH. He kept asking what was wrong with me and I just started crying. He held me and was so sweet and said everything would be ok. All the tears just came out, all the frustration and disappointment and sadness. And I'm angry at my body for betraying me. We try and be strong but this TTC business really takes its toll on us emotionally. It's hard to stay positive and optimistic all the time. And that's why I like being here, in this forum, with all of you women. Because you are role models for me and keep me going. I see how you all deal with the same issues and after each disappointment, you get yourself together and keep on going.
I just love you all and send all out my love to you and all the best and positive energies I have in me.
Thanks for just being here :hugs:

Suzy...best of luck on your appt. It is def something to look forward to and keep you going. It is hard to be positive all the time. Honestly I think a meltdown every once in a while is a healthy thing. Sometimes it relieves the pressure that builds inside you so you can keep going.

Hi honey,
Pretty much the same... Blah! No AF, I tested 3 times last week and all BFN's. Tomorrow is my OB appt so that is what's motivating me right now. I had a meltdown yesterday. I was on Facebook and saw yet another couple who are expecting. It was a beautiful picture of them smiling and he was looking at her bump with that loving and proud dad-to-be smile you know? It just felt like a sting in my heart. I wasn't able to hide my sadness from DH. He kept asking what was wrong with me and I just started crying. He held me and was so sweet and said everything would be ok. All the tears just came out, all the frustration and disappointment and sadness. And I'm angry at my body for betraying me. We try and be strong but this TTC business really takes its toll on us emotionally. It's hard to stay positive and optimistic all the time. And that's why I like being here, in this forum, with all of you women. Because you are role models for me and keep me going. I see how you all deal with the same issues and after each disappointment, you get yourself together and keep on going.
I just love you all and send all out my love to you and all the best and positive energies I have in me.
Thanks for just being here :hugs:

Hugs Suzy :hugs:
This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever done. Facebook announcements are the worst...while I am very happy for the couple and glad they aren't suffering through the same path we are taking, I have to admit I am jealous. The worst is when I see my MIL, all she talks about is my SIL being pregnant...she is due in August, the same month I would have been if I didn't have my m/c. Now in my MIL defense she has no idea we are ttc or that I had a m/c, but still, why does our entire visit have to be all about the new baby and my little niece??
I am glad we have this group here, the support from these girls is amazing! I am so thankful that we can all keep each other positive and pick each other up when we are feeling down. I am always here for you too Suzy, if you just need to vent, some positive vibes or a hug. I can't wait until we all have our bumps, this journey is very hard but it will be worth it when we get to hold our babies.
I am glad you have an appointment tomorrow, hopefully your doctor can run some tests and figure out what is going on. Has your OB run any tests before? Sorry I can't remember how long you have been ttc, etc. I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow. Good luck! :flower:

Filling out my 20 pages of paperwork for the RE...one of the first questions is:
Briefly state your problem as you see it.

So I ask my hubby what he would write and he says: "We aren't pregnant yet"

I guess it is important that the RE knows we aren't pregnant yet! :haha:

Filling out my 20 pages of paperwork for the RE...one of the first questions is:
Briefly state your problem as you see it.

So I ask my hubby what he would write and he says: "We aren't pregnant yet"

I guess it is important that the RE knows we aren't pregnant yet! :haha:

Huh, in a nutshell, I think you summed it up pretty nicely :thumbup:

Huh, in a nutshell, I think you summed it up pretty nicely :thumbup:

I had to giggle because I am sitting down ready to write a novel for the RE, including every single thing I have done over the last 1+ year while ttc and my hubby sums it all up in 4 words! :dohh:

Suzy, so sorry about the meltdown. :( I have those sometimes too, especially when I get on FB and see people's maternity photos or baby photos. Its REALLY hard. GL on your Dr appt though... each step you take, you will find that it feels SO good and productive, that it really does help keep you going. :hugs: And yes, each month that I have a disappointment, I'm super sad for a day or two, and then I just get myself together and look forward to the next cycle! :) These girls have been a GREAT support system for that.

Beaglemom, congrats on the new car! I recently got a new Toyota 4runner. That's what I had before (wrecked it beginning of Feb), and I just wanted a newer model of that. I LOVE it so much. I know you are loving yours too. It just feels so good to get a new car sometimes. :)

savvy, I'm excited you got your pos OPK! GL this cycle, I'm holding out hope that you won't need that RE! :) Btw, my DH and I are like you and yours. We like driving the bigger vehicles. My DH has a Toyota Tacoma. The thing is, we have a 20-foot boat, and its good to be able to pull it with either vehicle, just in case. Plus, we like the cargo space, and DH likes his truck in case we need to load anything up in the back. When he bought it though, I told him it HAD to be a full-size cab just in case he's ever picking baby up from daycare, or just in case mine ever has problems and we need his. He used to have a truck without the full-size cab, and i was like nope, that isn't gonna work, lol. So we're in good shape now. ;)

Hi Michelle and Floridasian! And also allison and FBG, if you're still checking in!

AFM, just as I suspected, AF arrived today. I'm really not bummed, because i knew it was coming. I was more bummed on cd14 when I still didn't even have a faint line, urgh. But that had passed, and I was just looking forward to moving on. So I have my day3 (although it will be day2) appt tomorrow to get set for IUI #2. I wish I could just get started on IVF, but such is life. But I'm seeing my RE on May 28 to discuss and let her know thats what we want now. I'll finish out this cycle to see if I get a BFP, and if not, we're on to next steps for IVF. I'm determined that I WILL be pregnant by the end of July, maybe earlier. I'm not even doubting it, I just know. ;)

EDIT:
Oh, thought I should add...I know there are no guarantees with IVF either. But I've decided not to even think that way. If I do, I will drive myself crazy with worry. So I'm just being super positive, and assuming that either my next IUI will work, or the IVF will work, one or the other. :)

BFN this morning as well so this is probably not my cycle.

Sorry for the AF Erin, but you're in good hands with the RE and sounds like you have a plan!

Suzy, can you share the yam tea recipe? I'll be down in FL this week so I think I'll be able to score some "real" yam this time.

Suzy, I totally understand about seeing pictures like that on Facebook. I've started to limit my time on fb because of that. Happy for my friends, but it's hard sometimes. Good luck with your OB appointment, hope you get a lot of answers! I have an appointment with my OB in August, but wish it were sooner.

Erin, sorry about AF. Sounds like you have a great attitude and glad you are feeling good about IVF. My husband's cousin has had a long haul to get pregnant, but she's expecting a little girl next month as a result of IVF. I hope the same thing for you!

I am currently on CD 23. I ended up not using OPKs this month, but definitely will next month, if I don't get a BFP. I've been in grad school part time for the past three years and graduate tomorrow! Hoping less stress will help our cause some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->