Still looking for our May Flowers...

Suzy - we have all been there and you sum it up so nicely!

Beagle - congrats on the new car - I also prefer the smaller, gas efficient cars.

Erin - sounds like a great plan!! Sounds like you'll be ahead of me by a couple of weeks.

Savvy - yay for pos OPKs!!

Hey ladies, just checking in. I'm so sad that there were no BFPs this cycle! I'm still holding on to hope for beaglemom though!! And hopefully this next IUI will do the trick, Erin! If not, IVF will for sure!!! Congrats on the positive OPK savvy! I know how frustrating it can be to be such a late O'er! That drove me crazy every month!
And Erin, I'm so jealous of you having a new 4runner!! I want one so bad!! My husband actually works for Toyota so we'd get an employee discount, but my jeep is more than half paid off and still under warranty so it seems silly to get rid of it now. But believe me, if I win the lotto, it's happening! Haha!
AFM, I'm 14 weeks today so officially in the 2nd trimester. It's pretty exciting. Now I just can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! Eek!!! : )

I'm still rooting for all of you ladies and sending lots o baby dust your way!!!

savvy, I'm excited you got your pos OPK! GL this cycle, I'm holding out hope that you won't need that RE! :) Btw, my DH and I are like you and yours. We like driving the bigger vehicles. My DH has a Toyota Tacoma. The thing is, we have a 20-foot boat, and its good to be able to pull it with either vehicle, just in case. Plus, we like the cargo space, and DH likes his truck in case we need to load anything up in the back. When he bought it though, I told him it HAD to be a full-size cab just in case he's ever picking baby up from daycare, or just in case mine ever has problems and we need his. He used to have a truck without the full-size cab, and i was like nope, that isn't gonna work, lol. So we're in good shape now. ;)

Erin, thanks, I am looking forward to my RE appointment...guessing if this cycle is a bust I would either be almost ready to start AF or on CD1-2 at my appointment. Should at least make it good timing for testing or meds.

Seriously I know we have talked about it before but our hubby's are a lot alike. My hubby has a full size truck, great for our boat, hauling stuff, dirt bikes, etc. Our boat stays in the water all summer at the lake house, but our 21 foot boat is a beast to move and it is so much easier with his truck! Eventually he will need to buy a new truck (his is a 2006) and I want him to get the full size with the full back seat, right now he has the half bench. It is funny how we start planning ahead and buying "family cars", we also planned ahead and bought a family friendly boat 2 years ago before we ever had plans to ttc.

Hey ladies, just checking in. I'm so sad that there were no BFPs this cycle! I'm still holding on to hope for beaglemom though!! And hopefully this next IUI will do the trick, Erin! If not, IVF will for sure!!! Congrats on the positive OPK savvy! I know how frustrating it can be to be such a late O'er! That drove me crazy every month!
And Erin, I'm so jealous of you having a new 4runner!! I want one so bad!! My husband actually works for Toyota so we'd get an employee discount, but my jeep is more than half paid off and still under warranty so it seems silly to get rid of it now. But believe me, if I win the lotto, it's happening! Haha!
AFM, I'm 14 weeks today so officially in the 2nd trimester. It's pretty exciting. Now I just can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! Eek!!! : )

I'm still rooting for all of you ladies and sending lots o baby dust your way!!!

Glad you checked in Allison! I am hoping we are all going to be able to join you very soon with our bfps. 14 weeks already! Congrats. Do you have any guesses if it is a boy or a girl? :baby:

BFN this morning as well so this is probably not my cycle.

Sorry for the AF Erin, but you're in good hands with the RE and sounds like you have a plan!

Suzy, can you share the yam tea recipe? I'll be down in FL this week so I think I'll be able to score some "real" yam this time.

You're supposed to drink the tea in the morning on an empty stomach, for seven days. The "recommended" is from CD7 to 14. But if you know you O earlier, start before that. The recipe: peel the yam and boil the peels. Only the peels, not the yams. It looks a bit icky, they look a bit like coconuts on the outside so that was a real turn on for me...:wacko: Let the water boil for 5 minutes and then stop. Let it cool off and then bottoms up. I bought 7 yams, one for each day. And did this every night. Then I would leave the tea in the fridge, after cooling off, and drank it with some sugar to make it easier. It doesn't taste bad really, it tastes like something that comes from the ground basically. But it's totally "drinkable". I also read that you can eat the yams too, in any way you want. They certainly can't hurt. Good luck! :thumbup:

Savvy, I'm really thinking girl. I'm not sure why though. Just a feeling. : )

I want a girl! My mom already has 2 grandsons.

Allison, If I can't have the boy/girl twins I so desperately want, then I totally want a girl...but I know for sure I will have a boy instead. Can't wait to hear what you are having!! :)

Beaglemom, I hope you get your baby girl!

Allison, If I can't have the boy/girl twins I so desperately want, then I totally want a girl...but I know for sure I will have a boy instead. Can't wait to hear what you are having!! :)

Beaglemom, I hope you get your baby girl!

One way or another I will get something...boy or girl...it really doesn't matter...but we both really want a girl.

I am still debating on the progesterone. I have not had ANY pre AF spotting...but it could be because I am on it. I think maybe tonight will be the last night unless I get a positive tomorrow...which I totally am going to get!!! <need that positive energy>

Thank you Suzy on the recipe!! Hopefully it won't be too hard to find it in South FL!

Savvy - I just read it on another board that the Progesterone suppositories are a lot more effective than the oral ones (Prometrium is the brand name of the oral drug I think). Supposedly the oral P doesn't really work well for lengthening your LP. If they give you an option for which one you prefer at your RE's appointment you probably want to ask for the supp! I was given three options and I chose the supp just because I had some leftover from my last pregnancy and I got lucky that I made the right choice!

Apparently this is a known fact but I never knew about it!!

One way or another I will get something...boy or girl...it really doesn't matter...but we both really want a girl.

I am still debating on the progesterone. I have not had ANY pre AF spotting...but it could be because I am on it. I think maybe tonight will be the last night unless I get a positive tomorrow...which I totally am going to get!!! <need that positive energy>

Right now it really doesn't matter to me...I want a girl for the bows, ribbons and pink and purple clothes...my hubby wants a boy so they can work on cars, go racing, do "guy" things...but, we will be happy either way! I remember when I first started ttc, I read about the timing of BDing for the different genders and was totally going to try it out...here over a year later all I care about is BDing as much as possible and catching our egg! It if funny how priorities change!

Stay positive beaglemom! I am sending positive vibes and picturing you looking at the frer and it has two lines...bfp time for you! :baby:

Beaglemom is getting a BFP tmrw! Woo hoo! Just gotta say it out loud!
My husband really wants a boy, but I don't care either way. As long as it's happy and healthy.

And yes, the suppository form of progesterone is more effective. They actually gave me the oral kind and just told me to take it vaginally so I guess it's all the same. It was weird though. Lol

You ladies move along so quickly. It took me 3 days to catch up on this forum. I didn't want to post until I read everything.

I am sending prayers to everyone who has had a rough month with family struggles, loss and AF coming along.

I finally got married on the 10th and have been trying to get back on track with normal day to day activities that don't revolve around wedding planning.

I was able to sneak in an appt with my OB before our wedding and we decided to give Femara a try for a couple cycles if needed and then we may have to move on to seeing an RE for IUI. We decided to go with Femara since I had bad side effects with Clomid and Femara seems to be more endo friendly. I started this morning, Day 5 and then in a few days the fun begins.

Congrats MRS Stacy!! How exciting and I am sure your wedding was beautiful! Now on to some serious baby making this month! Hopefully with the stress and time planning your wedding out of the way you can focus on celebrating a bfp soon!!

Yes huge congrats MRS Stacy!! That is so exciting!! Hope you get your BFP soon!

Stacy I totally forgot...not about the wedding...but that you got married on my 11th anniversary. Congrats!

Let us know when you get your BFP Beaglemom!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->