Still looking for our May Flowers...

Beaglemom, a fun night of junk food and movies sounds fun! Just relax and enjoy each other.

No trips planned yet for my hubby, but they could range from a few days to a month. Luckily he hasn't been out of the country in a couple of years. Trips would be more last minute, like something goes wrong and he needs to get on a plane and smooth things over. I told him, we always can say I have "surgery" or something and see if we can get the dates flexed a bit. I just get super overwhelmed and nervous when he travels without me, I absolutely hate being alone at night in the house. I actually get super sick every time he travels. I am sure I will be okay and hopefully if he has to travel it won't conflict with O time. I was more ticked how he just said it like it was no big deal if he was gone for a week or two. I guess though his job is going to pay the RE bills so he better not lose it! :)

Suzy - what a great doctor's appointment! That sounds like a great plan and I'm glad you'll be getting all the testings done too. Being comfortable with your doctor and ask all the right questions is so important in this process. You're now steps closer to your BFP!

Beaglemom - sorry for all the stress at work. That's just what we need while TTC, right? We keep hearing that we need to relax and don't stress. Yeah, right. Easier said than done! I must admit I haven't been to the dentist since I had my wisdom teeth taken out like 12 years ago! Oops! I do spend a full 3-5 minutes every day brushing my teeth so I think I'm OK.

Savvy - keeping my fingers crossed that your hubby doesn't have to travel out of the country this summer. How long is he usually gone for when he travels? When I travel I'm gone for a whole week so we could possibly miss the entire fertile window, but if he's only gone for less than 5 days you might still be able to catch it.

I'm glad that most of us here now have an action plan and know what the next step is. We really are all one step closer to our BFP! :)

AFM, as instructed by my RE I took a test this morning (BFN) and stopped the progesterone. Let's see if AF arrives on its own within a day. I found some cheap FRER last night at Target - the two packs were only $7.99 at this store and they had $2 off coupons attached to the packages. I also had a $2 off Target coupon making it $3.99 for 2 tests. I don't think you can find them any cheaper than that. They also had the 3 pack for $12.99 with a $3 online rebate. I did the math and it came out to be slightly higher than the 2 pack so I bought the 2 pack.

I also found both white yam and yellow yam at the first Caribbean grocery store I visited yesterday. The yellow was a bit more expensive than the white and I didn't know which kind to get. I saw a guy picking the yellow so I asked him if the yellow was better than the white (taste-wise obviously - he wouldn't know anything about the fertility-enhancing properties! LOL!) and he said he preferred the yellow because it stayed intact while cooking and the white falls apart. I decided to try both and bought one and each. I'm going to try Suzy's recipe and see how I like it!

Floridasian, did your dr tell you when to expect AF after stopping the progesterone? I think you are on a higher dose than me...I am on 50 mg daily. Last time I took it was Saturday (13 dpo) & still nothing today so far...not even spotting which is something I get in a normal cycle.

I was going to stay off the forum today...felt it was consuming me. But it is another stressful day at work for me & it seems reading the threads keeps me sane. I really only have 2 threads I follow. Still no AF & really not much to say she is coming. I put a call in to the nurse to find out how long of a cycle I should expect using the progesterone & femara. Last day for the progesterone (50 mg, I think, daily) was Saturday night. I would think AF would start soon if she was going to. I hate this crap. And again, everything is making me cry. So I think if I have a negative, I am def putting in for some time off. I need it. I was banking time for maternity leave at the end of December...and also for infertility appts...but since no maternity leave in December, I am safe to take a few days.

Floridasian, I bought the frer at rite aid last time & received a $3 off coupon...I think you had told me about it. I need to go back & get more, but the sale is over...meant to catch it before that.

I know I am not out yet...but if I am out, I just hope AF stays away long enough for the timing to work for another IUI. But I really just want it this month...I am just so tired, you guys.

Beaglemom - sorry that you're feeling crappy. My RE didn't say when AF would arrive. I just reading his notes and all he said was to take a pregnancy test at 14 DPO, if negative stop progesterone; if positive, continue until 10 weeks.

I did some googling and it looks like most people say AF arrives 2-3 days after stopping progesterone, although some say it takes up to 7-10 days for them. I hope it doesn't take that long for me. I might stop sooner next time if it takes more than 2 days. I hate delaying my cycle for no reason.

Beaglemom - sorry that you're feeling crappy. My RE didn't say when AF would arrive. I just reading his notes and all he said was to take a pregnancy test at 14 DPO, if negative stop progesterone; if positive, continue until 10 weeks.

I did some googling and it looks like most people say AF arrives 2-3 days after stopping progesterone, although some say it takes up to 7-10 days for them. I hope it doesn't take that long for me. I might stop sooner next time if it takes more than 2 days. I hate delaying my cycle for no reason.

Well I will let you know if I get a call back from the nurse with an answer.

I just saw a small amount of brown spotting when I wiped. She may be on her way...sucks...if she comes & tomorrow is day 1, I am out for IUI...unless my dr has another plan. I will not be available for a day 10 scan. And I will still not be back on day 12 for IUI. I wonder if they would let me medicate the same as last month based on the response I had & trigger on my own without the scan & try timed intercourse.

floridasian, do you travel a lot for work? Would your hubby ever be able to join you on a business trip if you knew it was your fertile week? My hubby hasn't been out of the country in a few years, it used to be for a week or two. Right now I won't worry about it too much, hopefully we can get through the first few cycles with the RE without a work trip! I worry too about trips to the lake house, I guess it is time to come up with some good excuses and keep my fingers crossed I can pull this off and get prego asap!

Beaglemom, I am hoping you aren't out yet, AF needs to stay far away from you.

AFM, temp didn't go up much so I don't know if I O'd yet. Seems like I should have by now. I need to get a CT scan done for my GI doctor, not happy about it. Thinking it would be best to schedule it next week sometime since AF should be here around Thursday if I stick to my usual 8-9 day LP and I O'd yesterday.

Beaglemom I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s perfectly understandable after everything you’ve been through. It’s alright to take a break now and then. For your own sanity. And you’ve been very emotional too. If AF does arrive, take a breather if you want and you’ll know when you’re ready to get back in the game. :thumbup:

Floridasian, the yams I bought looked like this: https://harvestersfruitsveges.com/product/yams-1kg/
I hope it’s allowed to post links here. Looks yummy doesn't it :) Also I forgot to tell you that when you’re done boiling, the amount of tea that is left over should be enough to fill a small glass. So when you start, use perhaps double that amount of water because most of it will evaporate.

Beaglemom I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s perfectly understandable after everything you’ve been through. It’s alright to take a break now and then. For your own sanity. And you’ve been very emotional too. If AF does arrive, take a breather if you want and you’ll know when you’re ready to get back in the game. :thumbup:

Floridasian, the yams I bought looked like this: https://harvestersfruitsveges.com/product/yams-1kg/
I hope it’s allowed to post links here. Looks yummy doesn't it :) Also I forgot to tell you that when you’re done boiling, the amount of tea that is left over should be enough to fill a small glass. So when you start, use perhaps double that amount of water because most of it will evaporate.

I do not plan to take any time of from TTC....just work. :)

The spotting is definitely here. Only light brown. And I think the cramping has started up...but it does not feel too intense at the moment. Now I am just hoping it stays away a few days. The perfect timing is if it officially starts on Saturday. But I am just not sure. I usually will spot a few days on a normal cycle...maybe I will have that same luck this cycle.

Beaglemom, back when I worked at an office I actually took a sick day once, not because I was actually sick but because I was sick of work and all the people I worked with! Sometimes you just need a break.

Savvy - I'm suppose to fly down every 6-7 weeks but since my m/c it's been more like 3 months or so. Yes I can try to get DH to travel for me, at least for a few days since he does have a lot of vacation time being a government employee but it's still stressful. I really dislike traveling for work and being away. After my rabbit passed away in September I'm so scared of the thought that another pet will pass away when I'm not around. I've seriously considered quitting my job so many times since the TTC journey started. I make a lot more money than DH so we really need my job but my ultimate goal is to be a stay-at-home mom (which I'll probably regret if I do make that decision one day).

It's possible that you o'ed yesterday. Sometimes it takes a few days for my temps to reach the higher levels. Good luck!

Suzy - that picture is definitely the white yam that I purchased. Good to know the cheaper kind will work and thanks for the tip!!

Beaglemom - let me know what your nurse says when she calls back. I'm having some slight cramping too but it's very very mild, more like a fullness feeling if you know what I mean. For me, I want AF to hurry up and start already so I can move on to the next cycle!

Beaglemom, back when I worked at an office I actually took a sick day once, not because I was actually sick but because I was sick of work and all the people I worked with! Sometimes you just need a break.

That's where I am right now. Usually by this point I have taken 2 weeks vacation. I took one in January because I knew the TTC stuff was coming. The only other one on the schedule is one in September when we go to the mountains. I have to have 5 days saved for maternity. So I don't need that anymore...at least not for 2014...my time starts over at the beginning of the year. So I will probably take 3 days either the beginning of June or late July...my husband is off those weeks.

Savvy - I'm suppose to fly down every 6-7 weeks but since my m/c it's been more like 3 months or so. Yes I can try to get DH to travel for me, at least for a few days since he does have a lot of vacation time being a government employee but it's still stressful. I really dislike traveling for work and being away. After my rabbit passed away in September I'm so scared of the thought that another pet will pass away when I'm not around. I've seriously considered quitting my job so many times since the TTC journey started. I make a lot more money than DH so we really need my job but my ultimate goal is to be a stay-at-home mom (which I'll probably regret if I do make that decision one day).

It's possible that you o'ed yesterday. Sometimes it takes a few days for my temps to reach the higher levels. Good luck!

floridasian, I am so sorry your rabbit passed away while you were out of town :( How many pets do you have? I absolutely love rabbits and have always wanted one as a pet, we have a few that hang out in our backyard. Our neighbor used to feed them and she moved away and told us to continue to feed them birdseed. We don't have any pets, though my husband would like a hunting dog.

I think a stay at home mom might be one of the hardest but most rewarding jobs a woman (or man) could have. I am already starting to cut back on my business and will be a full time stay at home mom with a small part time business when the time comes.

That's where I am right now. Usually by this point I have taken 2 weeks vacation. I took one in January because I knew the TTC stuff was coming. The only other one on the schedule is one in September when we go to the mountains. I have to have 5 days saved for maternity. So I don't need that anymore...at least not for 2014...my time starts over at the beginning of the year. So I will probably take 3 days either the beginning of June or late July...my husband is off those weeks.

It is hard to plan vacations with the ttc stuff, I think a long weekend in June or July sounds great. I hope you can get the time off! :)

Wow Erin!!! That is great!

Thanks Moni, you're right behind me. :) I was hoping we'd be closer in cycles, but I didn't expect to start the prep stuff this soon. You sure you want to wait until Jul/Aug? ;)

Remind me, when did you have to reschedule your class for? I tried to find the post you mentioned it in, but got tired of scrolling through and not seeing it, lol!

Its not that I want to wait - I just have to figure out the timing around my trip to Vegas/San Fran/LA at the end of July. You are making me want to go earlier.

The class was supposed to be on the 29th, but they cancelled that one and now either this Thursday (if my meeting busts - keep your FXed for me) or June 5th. It seems like they are offering it EOW which is good.

Beaglemom, I'm so sorry you're feeling emotional and just so exhausted over all this ttc stuff. I totally hear ya' on that. The last couple months, I've said exactly those words at the end of each cycle. And especially this last time after those meds. I was thinking to myself, I really don't wanna have to do this again, I'm SO exhausted... Mentally and emotionally. I'm tired of rolling the dice each month. I think that's partly why I'm doing IVF. I'm just so over it, in so many ways. I feel like I've put enough time, effort, stress, emotion, etc. into this, and I just want to do whatever will work at this point.

Moni, if you were to start everything now, what does that put your timing at? Meaning, at about what point would you be finding out whether it was a success or not? I know you can fly while prego, as long as it isn't in the third trimester, I think....? But if your timing would fall where you'd be doing the transfer right before your trip, I could def see needing to wait. You wouldn't want to jump up on a plane right after the transfer. I'm still kind of a newbie at this stuff, so I'm not 100% certain how the timing works out since I haven't had the final consult yet. The only thing I know is that my RE will probably start me on BCP for 2 wks (I'll know that part for sure when they call me tomorrow), but I don't know how long the rest of the process takes.

Ah, the big dilemma... Whether to keep working or be full-time moms. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'll keep my career going. I'm this crazy lady that wants it all... The hubby, the kid(s), and the career. Lol. I worked my butt off to get where I am, so it's SO hard to imagine giving it all up. But I don't pretend to know for sure how I'll feel once i have an infant in my arms. I've known women who swore they'd keep working and ended up quitting, and others who said they were quitting but ended up wanting to get back to work. Everyone is different certainly, and I know I could change my mind. But I definitely respect every woman's choice.... Every woman brings her own flavor of motherhood to the table. :)

I wanted to respond to everyone's posts, but I'm in bed and my eyes are officially rolling into the back of my head so I think I need to get to sleep! Goodnight everyone. :flower:

Ah, the big dilemma... Whether to keep working or be full-time moms. At this point, I'm pretty sure I'll keep my career going. I'm this crazy lady that wants it all... The hubby, the kid(s), and the career. Lol. I worked my butt off to get where I am, so it's SO hard to imagine giving it all up. But I don't pretend to know for sure how I'll feel once i have an infant in my arms. I've known women who swore they'd keep working and ended up quitting, and others who said they were quitting but ended up wanting to get back to work. Everyone is different certainly, and I know I could change my mind. But I definitely respect every woman's choice.... Every woman brings her own flavor of motherhood to the table. :)

Every family is unique. I know a few people who said they would never be stay-at-home moms, they are so career focused. Does that mean they love their kids/families less? Nope, they are super hard workers and cherish all the moments they spend with their families. Other families can't afford to have the woman stay home. One of my friends has a great job and she loves working so her husband stays home with the kids. There is also the option of taking the first few years and staying home and then returning to work once your child enters preschool. Working part time or working 10-12 hour days are also options for some families. Another friend of mine runs a daycare out of her house so she can stay home with her babies but still make some extra cash. I was more career focused straight out of college, as the years went by and I became sick with so many GI problems, I started my own business out of my home and now realize I think I would want to be a stay at home mom and work my business part time. There are so many options and each woman needs to do what is best for her family! :flower:

I am pretty sure I won't stay at home. It has nothing to do with my job. My job is just a job...even though I love it. The thing is I am too lazy. When im not dealing with the baby I would just be on the couch. I'm better off having a place to go to keep me active. Staying home is hard. You also have to make sure you keep your child active and social. I am pretty sure we could work out the money for me to stay home, but I would feel better having the income.

We have planned right now that I will keep working and DH will probably cut back to part time and be home with kids more. I make more money right now but if he can find a great job in his field once he completes college than that my change and i may stay at home part time. Or if my mother retires and moves closer she can be our nanny :)

Not much news for me, just waiting to start the OPKs when I get closer to that time. I decided this month to start temping vaginally. The thought kind of weirded me out but my temps were usually all over the place because I sleep with my mouth open and one of my meds gives me really dry mouth, plus allergy season starting. I just wanted to see if I can get more accurate temps that don't bounce around as much.

Not much news for me, just waiting to start the OPKs when I get closer to that time. I decided this month to start temping vaginally. The thought kind of weirded me out but my temps were usually all over the place because I sleep with my mouth open and one of my meds gives me really dry mouth, plus allergy season starting. I just wanted to see if I can get more accurate temps that don't bounce around as much.

I have thought about temping vaginally also. I know my temps aren't super accurate because I do sleep with my mouth open and have dry mouth from my stomach meds. Let me know how it goes this month, I might check into it for next cycle.

Beaglemom, could you please tell me what your husband did to increase his sperm count? I can't remember. We haven't done an SA yet but just in case, I would like to know what helped you guys. Thanks :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->