Still looking for our May Flowers...

Hi girls! I have a lot of catching up to do, I thought I'd say hello and then read back over the past week to see everyone's update. I'm pretty excited with everything happening, seems like everyone is getting the wheels in motion!

floridasian I’m with you. Not only do I have to stay away from FB but from work too. There’s been an epidemic of pregnancies and today I found out about another colleague that’s pregnant. That’s like 6 or 7 in less than a year. Happy for her but Blah!

Update
AF arrived....sort of. It is very light. So I called to see what the REs office wanted me to count as CD1. When I did she told me that I need to do another scan/ultrasound on CD2/3 before starting my letrozole. It is a new policy dues to whatever... can not remember why. I was in panic mode. Anyways, what that means is I will need to pay that $325 plus the $325 again on CD12 for another scan and then $340 for IUI and sperm washing. And DH and I are trying very, very hard to be debit free except for our house. So this plus trying to be debt free doesn't mix very well. So I cried my eyes out because my heart was broken that we would have to wait even longer. And also coming to the realization that this is not going to happen. Called my mom and sobbed to her. We talked it out and I had just began to come to grips with us not being able to afford this when the lady from my REs office calls me back. She says that she can submit this as endo for it to be covered. So that is great news but still not sure what DH wants to do... wait or continue on. But I don't have all the time in the world. Endo grows back each month. So if we wait too long I will have to have another surgery which I don't want to do. DH and I don't make bookoo bucks. I am a teacher just starting out so my pay sucks. But DH has a decent job which pays well and he just got a $1 raise. Which is a blessing. But honestly, how am I supposed to afford approximately $1,200 out of pocket each month?? And we don't want to put it on a card or anything because of being debit free and all. So we pay cash each month. Where is a money tree when you need it?! lol
Sorry about the financial rant. And maybe I shouldn't have told you all of that but I just needed it.

Update
AF arrived....sort of. It is very light. So I called to see what the REs office wanted me to count as CD1. When I did she told me that I need to do another scan/ultrasound on CD2/3 before starting my letrozole. It is a new policy dues to whatever... can not remember why. I was in panic mode. Anyways, what that means is I will need to pay that $325 plus the $325 again on CD12 for another scan and then $340 for IUI and sperm washing. And DH and I are trying very, very hard to be debit free except for our house. So this plus trying to be debt free doesn't mix very well. So I cried my eyes out because my heart was broken that we would have to wait even longer. And also coming to the realization that this is not going to happen. Called my mom and sobbed to her. We talked it out and I had just began to come to grips with us not being able to afford this when the lady from my REs office calls me back. She says that she can submit this as endo for it to be covered. So that is great news but still not sure what DH wants to do... wait or continue on. But I don't have all the time in the world. Endo grows back each month. So if we wait too long I will have to have another surgery which I don't want to do. DH and I don't make bookoo bucks. I am a teacher just starting out so my pay sucks. But DH has a decent job which pays well and he just got a $1 raise. Which is a blessing. But honestly, how am I supposed to afford approximately $1,200 out of pocket each month?? And we don't want to put it on a card or anything because of being debit free and all. So we pay cash each month. Where is a money tree when you need it?! lol
Sorry about the financial rant. And maybe I shouldn't have told you all of that but I just needed it.

I am sort of in the same position. I used up all my health savings...so now it is totally out of pocket. The only benefit to the health savings was it has a tax benefit & it comes out of my pay automatically. So really it is all out of pocket if I do IUI...insurance covers timed. I am lucky that my meds are partially covered...but basically with the u/s, IUI, & meds my IUI last month was $1500. I don't want to borrow money...but I will have to if I move to IVF...I just hope I don't need to do that. We are lucky because we have some 401K savings. But instead of withdrawing the moeny, I would just borrow against it. But it becomes a very overwhelming situation.

There are people who set up websites where people can donate. I just wouldn't fel comfortable with that personally. I have a friend on FB who shares a friend of hers link to donate for their adoption.

I'm def out ladies the :witch: got me feeling like giving up after 21 months when will it ever be our turn?? :dust: to all left to test x x x

Update

I'm not in your position... yet. But I dread the day. I'm not there because I only just started doing "soft treatments" like clomid. I don't even want to think about $ if this doesn't work out. So I understand you perfectly. I still don't understand why none of this is covered by insurance. If we can't conceive, and conceiving is a normal & expected function of the body, then it should be considered a "malfunction" so to speak? Or an ailment. Or a sign that something isn't right. Call it what you will. SO... it should be covered by health insurance. Period! (no pun intended) This gets me so angry. I'm sorry but if I couldn't do a Nr 2, the treatment would be covered wouldn't it? So???
Sorry about the rant but we're not exactly swimming in money and this really upsets me.
We have some money put aside that was meant for the house but we're thinking about only using half for the house and save the rest in case it's necessary. Priorities and needs...

Just saw that my cousin gave birth today. She was probably in her TWW the last time I saw her in August so not yet pregnant and now she's a mom. I am happy for her but I should probably stay off Facebook today.

AF arrived. My last dose of progesterone was 10:30 PM at 13 DPO. AF arrived in the morning of 16 DPO. I will be testing in the morning at 12 DPO next cycle and stopping the progesterone if I don't get a BFP, making the last dose the evening of 11 DPO so I can get my AF at 14 DPO as usual.

Sorry girl! I have a hard time on facebook too, so many announcements lately and ultrasound pics...it gets really depressing sometimes. Honestly I check on here and post on here a lot more than facebook. Sorry AF showed up, now that you got your regular cycles back I am sure you will be prego in no time! :)

floridasian I’m with you. Not only do I have to stay away from FB but from work too. There’s been an epidemic of pregnancies and today I found out about another colleague that’s pregnant. That’s like 6 or 7 in less than a year. Happy for her but Blah!

Suzy, there is definitely something going around your office...hopefully you are next on the list to get the pregnancy bug! :baby:

I wish more infertility treatments were covered by insurance. It is crazy when they will cover stuff for timed intercourse but not for IUI like in beaglemom's case. I am not looking forward to seeing the price list at my RE appointment. Why can't I be one of those girls who ends up with the oops baby?

I know it is way to early to symptom spot but I was at the store earlier and my boobs hurt so much I was almost crying in pain. It was only for like 10 minutes but it felt so odd.

After looking over the price of meds & realistically thinking about our chances without IUI...I think we have decided to take the month off. We will take the femara & still use opks...but no u/s, no injectables. I think it may feel good not to have the pressure on. I don't know...I am so torn. Some days I want to just bite the bullet & do IVF...but I honestly think IUI can work for us.

I wish more infertility treatments were covered by insurance. It is crazy when they will cover stuff for timed intercourse but not for IUI like in beaglemom's case. I am not looking forward to seeing the price list at my RE appointment. Why can't I be one of those girls who ends up with the oops baby?

I know it is way to early to symptom spot but I was at the store earlier and my boobs hurt so much I was almost crying in pain. It was only for like 10 minutes but it felt so odd.

My manager told me you will know when you are pregnant because your boobs were hurt like nothing you felt before...so who knows...maybe you won't need the RE ;)

savvy, that probably means you had a really good ovulation!! Your P might be nice and high, especially since your temp is really up there today. Wuhu!!

FBG, I can't wait until you test! Your chart is looking really, really good!! And yes, I hope I am one of those ladies who gets prego before her IVF! Wouldn't that be nice? lol

beaglemom, sounds like your idea of taking the month off from injectables could be a good thing right now... you're right, it will take the pressure off with your travels and the money and everything. When you're paying that much money, you don't want to risk anything being off with the timing.

Michelle, you can rant to us about money any time! A lot of these ladies are in the same boat. I'm lucky to have insurance that pays a considerable amount of this stuff. But many don't. My insurance for fertility maxes out at some point, so I'm watching very closely (another reason I'm moving on to IVF now, so that I don't spend too much of that max beforehand!).

Suzy and Floridasian, I totally hear ya on staying away from FB! When I first started TTC, it didn't bother me so much. But now that it's been 18 months, I have a much more difficult time seeing all the pregnancy announcements, maternity photos, baby pics, etc. I rarely go through the newsfeed anymore. I had to take a break from it. I agree with savvy that i'd rather be talking to you ladies, hehe!

So sorry bluebear. :( We all completely understand.

Hi Wantaminime!! Glad to see you check in! :flower:

AFM, we leave town tomorrow and wont be back until Mon night. Cigna called me an hour ago and said they're delivering my trigger tomorrow. I asked them if they could schedule a delivery next Tues, because I can't have the thing sitting on my front porch all weekend long. But she said with the holiday being on Monday, and them being out of the office, nobody would be able to schedule the delivery, unless I want it on Wed. Well, that's too late, because I'll probably be triggering Tues night. So I have no choice but to have it delivered tomorrow, and I think my SIL is going to come to our house and take it inside. I dont want her opening it to see what it is, so I sure am glad it doesn't need to be put in the refrigerator! This is all such a pain. I started the Femara last night, and I was just thinking to myself... I really do not want to have to do all of this again. I'm so over it. I know the IVF is going to be much worse, but in that case, I'd rather just be getting started on that. Ugh.

After looking over the price of meds & realistically thinking about our chances without IUI...I think we have decided to take the month off. We will take the femara & still use opks...but no u/s, no injectables. I think it may feel good not to have the pressure on. I don't know...I am so torn. Some days I want to just bite the bullet & do IVF...but I honestly think IUI can work for us.

Seems like a good idea to take the month off, you have a fun vacation planned and can still BD without the pressure and the higher costs. A short break is always nice and then it will be time to get back to business! :)

My manager told me you will know when you are pregnant because your boobs were hurt like nothing you felt before...so who knows...maybe you won't need the RE ;)

Thanks, that makes me hopeful! It was a very odd, heavy feeling pain. Now I am paying too much attention and thinking (hoping) they hurt.

Erin, glad you were able to arrange for your SIL to pick up your package and glad that you are able to get the trigger in time too. Excited for your IUI this cycle! I would love it if I had some high P and good ovulation, I really had some pains right around O day. I will be 8dpo at my RE appointment, I wonder if they will do a P lab even though it is a day late?

Erin, glad you were able to arrange for your SIL to pick up your package and glad that you are able to get the trigger in time too. Excited for your IUI this cycle! I would love it if I had some high P and good ovulation, I really had some pains right around O day. I will be 8dpo at my RE appointment, I wonder if they will do a P lab even though it is a day late?

I'm sure they would if you asked them to. One day shouldn't make too much of a difference. I'd def ask them to do it. The REs seem SO much better about being able to do things last minute without appts ahead of time. :)

I don't want to give you false hope but I truly hope you get your OOPS baby!

Update

I am sort of in the same position. I used up all my health savings...so now it is totally out of pocket. The only benefit to the health savings was it has a tax benefit & it comes out of my pay automatically. So really it is all out of pocket if I do IUI...insurance covers timed. I am lucky that my meds are partially covered...but basically with the u/s, IUI, & meds my IUI last month was $1500. I don't want to borrow money...but I will have to if I move to IVF...I just hope I don't need to do that. We are lucky because we have some 401K savings. But instead of withdrawing the moeny, I would just borrow against it. But it becomes a very overwhelming situation.

There are people who set up websites where people can donate. I just wouldn't fel comfortable with that personally. I have a friend on FB who shares a friend of hers link to donate for their adoption.

Update

I'm not in your position... yet. But I dread the day. I'm not there because I only just started doing "soft treatments" like clomid. I don't even want to think about $ if this doesn't work out. So I understand you perfectly. I still don't understand why none of this is covered by insurance. If we can't conceive, and conceiving is a normal & expected function of the body, then it should be considered a "malfunction" so to speak? Or an ailment. Or a sign that something isn't right. Call it what you will. SO... it should be covered by health insurance. Period! (no pun intended) This gets me so angry. I'm sorry but if I couldn't do a Nr 2, the treatment would be covered wouldn't it? So???
Sorry about the rant but we're not exactly swimming in money and this really upsets me.
We have some money put aside that was meant for the house but we're thinking about only using half for the house and save the rest in case it's necessary. Priorities and needs...

Girls, I hear ya! It's so $$$ and I am just at the beginning too with Letrozole and needing the day 2/3 U/S and 21 day Progesterone test. I can't imagine how draining doing it each month would become. I went on a rant last night about the issue as well about insurance companies not treating for it. Not in a jealous way do I mean this, but there are so many people that can have several kids that maybe didn't even want them all and here a number of women have a trip up with reproduction and we have to pay out of pocket. A lot of things that make fertility difficult are disorders, illnesses, etc. We pay our insurance premiums every month, why should helping our bodies function as intended be neglected? It should be a priority. It upsets me.
Michelle, I'm sure you already asked, but did you ask you dr if those were the self pay rates? My dr charges $189 for an u/s if you don't have insurance and since mine doesn't cover any treatments, they'll charge me that rate.

I feel so much better today. Last night I guess it showed how exhausted I was. The first 2 days of AF are really hard on me physically. And only being able to take tylenol makes it worse. So I came home & said I was taking a shower. My husband came in & asked what I wanted for dinner. Then I get out of the shower & the house is quiet. I called out & didn't hear him. I just figured he may be watering the plants out front. I only had on a t-shirt, so I got on the couch with my comforter. Then he came home. He had gone to the store to buy a hersheys bar & a mt dew. He never gets the timing right each month. There is a small window where I need chocolate & usually I want a chocolate cake with butter creme icing. This time the timing was perfect. So I ate my chocolate bar with my mt dew while he made us dinner. So today is day 3 & by 3 it is usually smooth sailing.

It will be nice to take the month off from appointments & taking all those meds. Then I can start fresh in June. Our next trip is not until the end of July...so I will worry about that timing when it comes around.

Work will be slow again for me today. My banker is out sick...he was out yesterday, too. Very unlike him.

Wantaminime, that is a good point...ALWAYS ask if there is a discount for paying out of pocket. A lot of dr offices do that. They did that for me when I had my HSG. They do it at my fertility clinic too, but the discount isn't that much in my opinion...but every little bit helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->