Still looking for our May Flowers...

Oh one more thought...I am not so selfish that I have to have a biological child...that is not my word. I do not see wanting your own child as selfish. But I know you ladies have seen women or yourself have been confronted with the adoption question. And the idea that people do IVF over adoption has a label of being a selfish act. I would love to be pregnant & have my own child. However, I am not against adoption. But the thing that drove me to IVF was the price of adoption vs the price of IVF. It is pretty much the same. And the same outcome. You could pour money in to an adoption & still lose it all if it falls through. And after finding out the only issue we seem to have is count...that makes my IVF odds in my mind higher...so I am just planning to go with that. But you never know where life will lead you. I am not taking adoption completely off the table.

I feel the same.

Call me selfish but adoption is not an option for me. I'd be happy to remain childless than to raise someone else's kid. I have no idea how much a surrogate would cost but if I am that desperate to have a baby I'd be willing to spend all my life savings on a surrogate than adoption.

I think other countries will let insurance pay for #1. Which I think is fair. People should not be limited to 1 if they want more, but insurance should also not have to pay for them all. We all know we would be more than happy to have 1.

Moni, I have been lucky with my meds being partially covered. Still pricey, but reasonable considering what it would cost out of pocket. I will take what I can get.

Call me selfish but adoption is not an option for me. I'd be happy to remain childless than to raise someone else's kid. I have no idea how much a surrogate would cost but if I am that desperate to have a baby I'd be willing to spend all my life savings on a surrogate than adoption.

I do not think that is a selfish reaction. It is all up to the person. I don't think I would be able to adopt an older child in the foster care system. I wish I was a strong enough person to do it. Because I think that is a hard thing to go through. But I could adopt a newborn. But I am terrified of the mom changing her mind. That would be so devastating. But it is not completely scratched off my list. But we all have our limits & expectations. No one can judge someone else based on the way they feel on this topic. It is sensitive. I also think it is an important road to explore. You need to be honest about how you feel about it. It is too big a decision to take lightly. Bringing a child in to your life, no matter how they come to you, is a big decision to make.

Thanks Beaglemom. It does suck...although I normally really love my doc. I don't understand this....she admitted that Progesterone doesn't really have any negative side effects (that she's ever seen), said it is standard when you go to the RE to be put on Progesterone, said mine is lower than she'd like...yet she doesn't put me on a supplement!!! Grrr! LOL

I usually don't test until after AF is due to avoid stress, but I feel like maybe I should this time, so I can get on the progesterone if needed. Any thoughts?

I have seen that a lot.... REs give their patients P supps automatically without testing. My RE works a little different. There are a few things she tries as natural as possible, so she prefers to see if you're low on P before giving supps. So she waited until 7 days after my IUI to test my P, and would've given me supps if I was low. My number was 21, which was great, so no P supps. And then if I got a BFP, she'd test it again while doing the hcg blood test, to make sure it was still where it needed to be. Do you recall what cycle day your OB tested you on? When I was still seeing my OB, he tested mine, but he just picked a random day, which happened to be the day after I O'd. My number at that time was 6.7. So it does make a difference if it can be 6.7 the day after Oing, and end up at 21 just seven days later. To be honest, I was happy that she tested prior to giving me supps, because I'm a very curious person, and I like to KNOW what my body is doing, ha! So I wanted to know what that number was.

BTW, that's a heck of a temp jump, good for you!!! Wuhu! I'm glad you're feeling good about this cycle, I'm really excited for you!

Thanks for the feedback Erin! It was definitely day 21 because it was the first cycle after seeing the obgyn and they were checking to see if I had ovulated. It's good to know that it can change, so maybe it's ok...just hadn't risen much that cycle. I do think I usually ovulate around day 16-17, so if they are expecting that number on cd21 to be 7dpo, it could just be that I was still getting there. Do you think?

I am hopeful this cycle..it just scares me to think that I could have a little fertilized eggy after all this and not enough of one little stupid hormone could make it just go away! But I haven't felt hopeful for a long time, so it's good!

I am so excited to hear about your IVF if you end up having to do that (even more excited if you don't!)

Oh and I don't think it's selfish AT ALL to want your own child. We can't all be Angelinas! ;)

I totally agree...it's a very personal thing! If all else fails, I guess I would look into infant adoption, but all else would HAVE to fail!

5PM test was a lot lighter as expected since I never get a positive OPK in the afternoon. We'll see what tonight's test looks like.

Regarding the insurance thing... I feel very fortunate that my fertility expenses are covered at 90%, BUT there is a lifetime max. I think that's fair enough, and I think all insurance companies should offer that. It's enough money to at least help a couple get their first baby, and depending on how quickly they burn through that lifetime max, it might even be enough to help with the second, depending on how many treatments they need to get the first baby. These insurance companies are making SO much money, so allowing for enough coverage for at least ONE child, and putting a lifetime cap on that coverage, seems fair enough to me. It burns me up when I think about it. My clinic even said there aren't many women who come there and have insurance. When I sign in at the front desk, there is a spot on the sign-in sheet that asks for your insurance company, and I always see a lot of "None" on there, and it just makes me so sad for them.

As for adoption, I have kept my mind from going there. I want DH and I to make a baby of our own SO badly, that I start getting very, very anxious at the thought of never being able to have one of our own. So we haven't discussed it in great detail yet; however, it has obviously come up a couple times throughout all this. If it came down to it, we probably would adopt. I want to be a mom SOO much. It's an experience that I really don't want to miss out on. So if ALL ELSE fails, I think we'd go down that road. The company I work for offers adoption assistance as well... I think it's enough to cover about a third of a domestic adoption, and about half of an overseas adoption. I haven't looked at the policy in a while, so I may not have that exactly right, but when a friend/coworker of mine adopted, I recall that being the policy at the time. She did one domestic adoption and one overseas. I know if it came down to it, it would probably be a very fulfilling experience knowing you are providing that child with a life they may never have gotten. But at the moment, I'm trying not to think that far ahead, because I really want one or two of my own, very very badly.

I am driving myself crazy, I was cleaning the bathroom and I saw the hpt in the trash but it looked like it had a line. I figured it was probably an evap but since I have a ton of wondfos I decided to test again after a 3.5 hour hold. Now I am sure I am the only one who can see the line, and it is probably only because I desperately want it to have a line.

I attached two pictures, the second picture has an old opk that I used to see the line better...any opinions?

Attachments

• may28.jpg
    may28.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18
  • may28hpt.jpg
    may28hpt.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 24
Oh, I almost forgot to update on my final IVF consult today! All I have to say is WOW. It was a lot. Sort of overwhelming. My Dr first went over the different IVF options, and gave me her opinion on what she thought would work best for us. Once we had the final plan all wrapped up, she wrote it up for the nurse, and the nurse sat down with us to show us a rough estimated timeline of how things will go (so that I can prepare with my manager at work), and then she showed me how to use all three injections (different from the Ovidrel). Once that was all wrapped up, they did a mock embryo transfer, which I didn't even know they'd be doing, so that was a surprise. They go ahead and get into the uterus with the catheter to give them an idea of where the embryos will be placed for best chance of implanting (if they place them too high, they could end up in the tubes, if they place them too low, there was something wrong with that too, but i can't remember what). So then they enter the amount of centimeters into your file so that they'll know on the day of the transfer.

The timing can be off of course, given that I don't know when I'll start AF during the Lupron, and they don't know the exact amount of days I'll be on the stim meds. But as it stands now, they are estimating egg retrieval on 6/29, and then embryo transfer on either July 2nd or July 4th. I'll literally know by mid-July whether or not I am pregnant. BUT, I'm also hoping that this IUI I'm about to have on Friday will just be successful, and maybe I'll know by mid June instead of mid July! LOL

I am driving myself crazy, I was cleaning the bathroom and I saw the hpt in the trash but it looked like it had a line. I figured it was probably an evap but since I have a ton of wondfos I decided to test again after a 3.5 hour hold. Now I am sure I am the only one who can see the line, and it is probably only because I desperately want it to have a line.

I attached two pictures, the second picture has an old opk that I used to see the line better...any opinions?

OMG savvy!! Yes, I totally see a line! So this isn't the one that was in the trash?? This is a fresh one, right?? If so, savvy, seriously, I think this is it for you!! I was thinking your chart looked awfully good!!!! Ahhh!!! :happydance:

OMG savvy!! Yes, I totally see a line! So this isn't the one that was in the trash?? This is a fresh one, right?? If so, savvy, seriously, I think this is it for you!! I was thinking your chart looked awfully good!!!! Ahhh!!! :happydance:

Are you serious?? Do you see the super faint line too? Yep, this is a fresh test after a 3.5 hour hold. I am very nervous since AF should show tomorrow, hoping if it is a little bean that it is strong enough to stay put.

Are you serious?? Do you see the super faint line too? Yep, this is a fresh test after a 3.5 hour hold. I am very nervous since AF should show tomorrow, hoping if it is a little bean that it is strong enough to stay put.

Yes, I def see it! If I were you, I would call your RE first thing in the morning and tell them you got a positive HPT and see if they'll give you some P supps. They can also do a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. The good thing about an RE is that there's no messing around with appointment scheduling and getting in on time and waiting around!

I C it!

Savvy! I totally see the line! I'd call the RE in the morning too just to be safe. Mine brought me in right away for a blood test, and bc I went early in the morning they were able to get the results that afternoon! Yay yay yay savvy!!!! : )

Savvy, I didn't even need to look at the 2nd pic. I saw the line straight away! OMG! Could this be it for you? I'm really thrilled and excited for you now. Keep testing and keep us posted please! :thumbup:

Savvy, this is so great! You're still early and already getting a faint line! Last time you were like ten days or so late for AF before your faint line showed up! I have such a great feeling about this! Def get those P supps, or at least have them check it when they do the hcg test! You're getting an early start and that is sooo great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->