• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still looking for our May Flowers...

Yes, I def see it! If I were you, I would call your RE first thing in the morning and tell them you got a positive HPT and see if they'll give you some P supps. They can also do a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. The good thing about an RE is that there's no messing around with appointment scheduling and getting in on time and waiting around!

Of course tomorrow is like the only day I cannot get a blood test. The lab closes at 5 but then they wouldn't read the results until Friday.

I am too freaked out to tell my hubby, I wanted to have some grand surprise but since I don't know what will happen due to my short LP I feel like I should at least say something, even if AF shows up.

Oh, I almost forgot to update on my final IVF consult today! All I have to say is WOW. It was a lot. Sort of overwhelming. My Dr first went over the different IVF options, and gave me her opinion on what she thought would work best for us. Once we had the final plan all wrapped up, she wrote it up for the nurse, and the nurse sat down with us to show us a rough estimated timeline of how things will go (so that I can prepare with my manager at work), and then she showed me how to use all three injections (different from the Ovidrel). Once that was all wrapped up, they did a mock embryo transfer, which I didn't even know they'd be doing, so that was a surprise. They go ahead and get into the uterus with the catheter to give them an idea of where the embryos will be placed for best chance of implanting (if they place them too high, they could end up in the tubes, if they place them too low, there was something wrong with that too, but i can't remember what). So then they enter the amount of centimeters into your file so that they'll know on the day of the transfer.

The timing can be off of course, given that I don't know when I'll start AF during the Lupron, and they don't know the exact amount of days I'll be on the stim meds. But as it stands now, they are estimating egg retrieval on 6/29, and then embryo transfer on either July 2nd or July 4th. I'll literally know by mid-July whether or not I am pregnant. BUT, I'm also hoping that this IUI I'm about to have on Friday will just be successful, and maybe I'll know by mid June instead of mid July! LOL

Erin this keeps getting better and better. I would love to be in your shoes right now and know that the next cycles will probably be it. FXd for you honey!!!

So you guys, I've only done digi opks and hpts...what line are you looking at? The one on the left? Or the super faint one in the middle? I definitely see both, but just have no experience with this kind of test?

Either way, the ladies who know these tests obviously think it's good...so that's super exciting!! And I was just worrying myself about progesterone..now I want you to get right on it, Savvy! Maybe this will finally be the month one of us in this thread gets a BFP! :D

Erin, I'm with Suzy...your journey sounds so exciting! I know it's a little overwhelming, but you've got this!

Thanks girls, I am shocked that everyone can see the line! I just told my hubby, it wasn't as cute as I really wanted it to be. If I got a bfp this early, what are the odds that the hcg is high enough to not start AF tomorrow?

Is it stupid to use some progesterone cream until I can get a blood test?

Sarah, it is the super faint line right in the middle. I might bathe myself in some progesterone cream tonight...

I also posted it over on a hpt gallery and 12 people have said positive. I am going to use the frer tomorrow morning if I am still getting a bfp on the wondfo.

Lots of stuff to catch up on in just a few hours. I have one window open to respond as I read & one window to catch up on reading. So I may look like I am jumping all over the place.

Erin, I am opposite when it comes to testing & taking P. Mine was fine at CD 21...but it can drop between then & AF, so I would prefer to just be taking the supplement.

As far as thinking ahead with adoption...I am an anxious person...basically my motto is if all else fails, then what? So I like to be clear with my husband on what I expect, what I am willing to do & get his input as well. I want to be sure we are always on the same page. So adoption has come up A LOT. It was actually what I was looking in to instead of getting fertility treatment. But since we never knew the cause, we went the biological route. I personally want to know all my options. I look at it sort of like my back up parachute.

Savvy I THINK I see something in your pic...but I am SO BAD at seeing faint lines on the forum. I hope it is a positive!

Erin the IVF stuff sounds so exciting!

Savvy, if you can't go in for a test tomorrow, at least maybe they can call in a prescription for P for you to pick up. It won't hurt to take it until you are confirmed. I am so glad so many other people see it...like I said, I am awful at seeing faint lines.

I got it right at 14dpo. I didn't test before then bc I really didn't think it was gonna happen that month. It was faint-ish, I could def see it, but it wasn't super dark. It was picked up on a digital that morning too though.

Excited about your IVF Erin! Seeing the time line should really put you in a positive mind-set. It's almost like you've reached the end of the tunnel already!!

Oh, I almost forgot to update on my final IVF consult today! All I have to say is WOW. It was a lot. Sort of overwhelming. My Dr first went over the different IVF options, and gave me her opinion on what she thought would work best for us. Once we had the final plan all wrapped up, she wrote it up for the nurse, and the nurse sat down with us to show us a rough estimated timeline of how things will go (so that I can prepare with my manager at work), and then she showed me how to use all three injections (different from the Ovidrel). Once that was all wrapped up, they did a mock embryo transfer, which I didn't even know they'd be doing, so that was a surprise. They go ahead and get into the uterus with the catheter to give them an idea of where the embryos will be placed for best chance of implanting (if they place them too high, they could end up in the tubes, if they place them too low, there was something wrong with that too, but i can't remember what). So then they enter the amount of centimeters into your file so that they'll know on the day of the transfer.

The timing can be off of course, given that I don't know when I'll start AF during the Lupron, and they don't know the exact amount of days I'll be on the stim meds. But as it stands now, they are estimating egg retrieval on 6/29, and then embryo transfer on either July 2nd or July 4th. I'll literally know by mid-July whether or not I am pregnant. BUT, I'm also hoping that this IUI I'm about to have on Friday will just be successful, and maybe I'll know by mid June instead of mid July! LOL

Erin, I meant to respond earlier. How exciting to have all the information for both your IUI and possible IVF. I am still hoping this IUI is all you will need!

Savvy, I do think I see a faint shadow of a line but the monitor on my laptop isn't amazing so I had to squint but i def see it.

Erin, I am so excited for all you have going on. Sending you lots of baby dust.

So like i said yesterday mid-morning I had a +OPK on a target brand strip. I took another one when I got home around 6 PM but it was an answer OPK stick and it wasn't quite + so I was confused and thought maybe I had a short surge. I do test every 12 hours or so. So this morning I woke up and my temp had jumped a bit. I still wasn't sure that I ovulated because normally I feel it and I didn't feel any O pains. So I took another test mid morning on another target strip and it was very +. So we BD last night and tonight. For the past hour or so I have been feeling some O pains so I am feeling better about our timing. Just not sure about the temp jump this morning but it is also my first month temping vaginally so I guess we just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the feedback Erin! It was definitely day 21 because it was the first cycle after seeing the obgyn and they were checking to see if I had ovulated. It's good to know that it can change, so maybe it's ok...just hadn't risen much that cycle. I do think I usually ovulate around day 16-17, so if they are expecting that number on cd21 to be 7dpo, it could just be that I was still getting there. Do you think?

Sarah, I meant to reply to your question! I think it's possible. I have a girlfriend who took meds for 3 months, and every month, her P on cd21 was so low, the Dr said she wasn't O'ing (she didn't temp or use OPKs). In her 4th month, he switched her med, but once agin, on cd21 her P was so low he said she wasn't O'ing. Well...she got prego that month, lol! She has a 3-yr old now. As it turned out, she wasn't O'ing until cd19 or so, but her Dr didn't know. So by doing a cd21 test, her P hadn't had enough time to rise! My RE doesn't necessarily do it on cd21. She makes sure it's 7dpo. In my last cycle, it was cd19 when she tested, because I O'd on cd12. So yes, I think it's possible that if a Dr doesn't know their patient Os late, it could be too early to test. That said though, you're only O'ing 2-3 days later than the textbook 14th day, and I have no clue how fast it rises each day. So your number might still be low, I'm just not sure. But it's something to think about! Like I said, my level at 7dpo (cd19) was 21 or 21.5 or something. I'm not sure how quick it gets to that point though.

Savvy I see the line! Take another in the AM and let us know! So excited for you!!

Erin this keeps getting better and better. I would love to be in your shoes right now and know that the next cycles will probably be it. FXd for you honey!!!

Thanks Suzy! I love the positive vibes. It makes me less nervous about the whole thing, lol! I'm just telling myself over and over, one of these procedures WILL work! Otherwise, I start to feel anxious. Everyone's kind words and positive vibes really help me so much. :flower: And don't you worry girl... your BFP will come Hun, I'm SURE of it!!! :thumbup:

Thanks to the rest of you ladies as well (ALL of you), you're all sending good vibes, and I think that helps a lot! You're all too sweet. I feel so fortunate to have found these forums. :flower:

Sarah, I agree with Erin. They tested me on cd21 and said I hadn't Oed, but I generally never even got a + OPK until like cd 19-21, so I think they tested me too early. Granted, my progesterone was low even after I got the BFP, so who knows. I think I was Oing all along, just later than they anticipated, even on clomid I was a late O'er. : /

Thanks girls, I am shocked that everyone can see the line! I just told my hubby, it wasn't as cute as I really wanted it to be. If I got a bfp this early, what are the odds that the hcg is high enough to not start AF tomorrow?

Is it stupid to use some progesterone cream until I can get a blood test?

So the lab closes at 5 tomorrow, but you can't get there in time? Well, I don't think it's stupid to at least try the P cream. It isn't near as effective as the supps, but if it's something that will give you peace of mind, I say try it! But even if you can't get in for the blood test tomorrow, do you think your RE would still call in a prescription for you for the P if you call and tell her you got a bfp? Since it doesn't hurt anything, she may be wiling to do that until you can get in...

Savvy, I feel strongly you're gonna be okay, so I hope you can keep yourself from worrying until you can see you Dr. You got a bfp early! Your body is already producing enough hcg that can be read on an hpt this early, and that's great! So even if it takes you a day or two to talk to your RE about the P, you're gonna be good!!!! I'm super excited for you! I do think it's worth a call to them though, just to see if they'll call a prescription in until you can get labs done. :)

Sarah, I agree with Erin. They tested me on cd21 and said I hadn't Oed, but I generally never even got a + OPK until like cd 19-21, so I think they tested me too early. Granted, my progesterone was low even after I got the BFP, so who knows. I think I was Oing all along, just later than they anticipated, even on clomid I was a late O'er. : /

Allison, remind me... You weren't taking P supps the cycle you got prego, were you? Wasn't that the cycle you stopped everything and just tried naturally? That's an inspiring story after all the time you were ttc! :) Did you start taking the P once you got your bfp, and if so, was it for the whole first 12 months?

If I go on to IVF, the P will be required because technically there is no O with IVF since they're extracting the eggs through a procedure, and without O, I don't think the body produces P on it's own. I'll do P injections at first, and then they switch me to vaginal suppositories.

Thanks Suzy! I love the positive vibes. It makes me less nervous about the whole thing, lol! I'm just telling myself over and over, one of these procedures WILL work! Otherwise, I start to feel anxious. Everyone's kind words and positive vibes really help me so much. :flower: And don't you worry girl... your BFP will come Hun, I'm SURE of it!!! :thumbup:

Thanks to the rest of you ladies as well (ALL of you), you're all sending good vibes, and I think that helps a lot! You're all too sweet. I feel so fortunate to have found these forums. :flower:

Erin I agree. I'm so happy to have found THIS forum. I love reading and sharing and spreading the good vibes. And I'm getting really good vibes right now! I think Erin and Savvy are to blame for that :flower:. I see BFP's in the very near future. Savvy, keep us posted!
:kiss:

I would say this is definitely positive! I had to tell a few lies to rearrange my schedule for today, I am calling the RE when they open at 8 and hoping they can order the labs at the clinic by my house (same hospital), if not I am driving out to the RE with the test. I am worried about my short LP, since AF should show today - so any positive thoughts, vibes, prayers, etc are much appreciated. :flower: I have a good feeling about this.

Attachments

• MAY29.jpg
    MAY29.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116