Still looking for our May Flowers...

Thanks Moni, Erin, Savvy & Michelle! Yes I know it's not positive yet but it just looks way too dark for CD7.

So I went through my OPK's for the previous cycles (I saved them all) and there was one cycle that I got one similar to today's test at CD9 but then faded to light/almost non-existent for the next two days, then finally turned positive at CD11 and eventually I O'ed on CD12 or CD13. I've just never gotten one so dark at CD7 it totally freaked me out.

Thanks girls for calming me down! What I am going to do without you? :flower:

I know the feeling, it is frustrating when you don't expect the test to be positive yet. I hope you have a few more days until you get another positive test. Keep us posted!

Oh the weight thing. I battle this a lot. I was always very thin. Then I got married and ate what he ate...turned into me gaining 30lbs! I could have used to gain half of that. So looking to lose about 15lbs. But I think about this every month "If I was thinner would it have worked?" Since school is out going to try and walk/run. But found out last night from Urgent Care that I might have a fracture in my right ankle from a nap! Have no clue how it happened while I was asleep. So have an appointment with an ortho doctor tomorrow. Hoping no cast or anything. But my plans to workout have been put in hold because of this. Its crazy!

Oh the weight thing. I battle this a lot. I was always very thin. Then I got married and ate what he ate...turned into me gaining 30lbs! I could have used to gain half of that. So looking to lose about 15lbs. But I think about this every month "If I was thinner would it have worked?" Since school is out going to try and walk/run. But found out last night from Urgent Care that I might have a fracture in my right ankle from a nap! Have no clue how it happened while I was asleep. So have an appointment with an ortho doctor tomorrow. Hoping no cast or anything. But my plans to workout have been put in hold because of this. Its crazy!

Oh no! I hope the ortho doctor gives you some good news and you can get back on a workout plan.

On the weight topic: while I keep gaining weight, DH is almost 6' tall and barely weighs 135 lbs and can never gain weight no matter what he eats!! I hope it doesn't affect his counts!

Sarah - I used the progesterone cream, but I don't think it helped much. With the prescribed P suppository, my usually pre AF spotting never showed until I stopped them. But it also couldn't hurt to use the cream. It sucks when the dr won't listen & you feel crazy comparing them to google.

L.Ann.V - I am also on letrozole this cycle. I was switched from clomid when I started with my RE. Last cycle it was used with injections & IUI...this cycle only the letrozole because I had to skip IUI because of timing & being out of town.

Thanks Beaglemom. It does suck...although I normally really love my doc. I don't understand this....she admitted that Progesterone doesn't really have any negative side effects (that she's ever seen), said it is standard when you go to the RE to be put on Progesterone, said mine is lower than she'd like...yet she doesn't put me on a supplement!!! Grrr! LOL

I usually don't test until after AF is due to avoid stress, but I feel like maybe I should this time, so I can get on the progesterone if needed. Any thoughts?

What a nice spike of temps you have Sarah! Fingers crossed for you, although I don't think the progesterone cream will do much because the dosage isn't high enough. Supposedly only the suppositories are effective - meaning even the oral pills are not as effective.

For the cream though, I heard that you should apply it to where the main arteries are where there is more blood flow - so neck, wrists, inner thighs, etc. Putting it on the tummy because it's closer to the uterus doesn't actually help.

Sarah, I was so upset when my OB agreed to test me and said if it was low or even normal he would treat me, when I got the results back I was shocked he said that it was great. He would not treat me for low progesterone. The RE couldn't believe it since they want to see over 10. I am glad you also have an RE appointment coming up, at least they should be willing to give you something. How long is your LP? Mine has only been around 8-9 days, not sure if a boost in P would give me a longer LP.

Savvy, I think my LP is around 11 days. I charted for a few months then stopped because of that surgery I had to have and just the generalized stress I was feeling. Now as I said, I just use it to confirm ovulation and sometimes during the TWW to tell if AF is coming. But I think it definitely wouldn't hurt my LP to be longer. I have just been very carefree the last few months focusing on other things. But this month it's really affecting me for some reason. I am just feeling so frustrated that nothing has been found to be wrong and yet it hasn't happened for us after 18 months! So ready to get this show on the road with the RE.

Beaglemom, thanks for the info. I knew there must have been some reason it was only menopausal women reviewing it! I guess I will still us it since I have ordered it, and I guess it won't hurt anything.

Sarah, I know the feeling. After over a year of trying with one early m/c I am so ready to be pregnant. Hopefully after all the tests the RE ordered, we can sort this out and see where the problem is.

I feel so dumb, I just got a bfn. I have so many wondfo hpts that come with the packs of opks. So I decided to use one after a 4 hour hold, 9dpo and of course negative. Just waiting for AF so I can get started with the testing, I was hopeful I would just get my bfp and be able to skip all the treatment.

Floridian - from your pics looks like you normally are a little darker thenget lighter before the actual positive - I think you'll be fine!!

I know how you feel, Savvy. I keep hoping this will be the month and we'll get to skip all that business. Sorry about your negative, but it is early. You never know.

This day just keeps getting better...(sarcastic) after trying to find information online about my insurance coverage, I called to figure out what they pay for infertility. Turns out, they will pay for diagnostics and the initial consult, but nothing for treatment. Super.

I really shouldn't be complaining because we are blessed to be able to pay for what we need to do, but we are also taking care of the all the medical and other bills from my DH's brother who was diagnosed with a terminal illness and is now living with us. Was not hoping to hear that any infertility treatment would have to be out of pocket. :( Sorry, not trying to be a downer....just one of those days I guess.

I know how you feel, Savvy. I keep hoping this will be the month and we'll get to skip all that business. Sorry about your negative, but it is early. You never know.

This day just keeps getting better...(sarcastic) after trying to find information online about my insurance coverage, I called to figure out what they pay for infertility. Turns out, they will pay for diagnostics and the initial consult, but nothing for treatment. Super.

I really shouldn't be complaining because we are blessed to be able to pay for what we need to do, but we are also taking care of the all the medical and other bills from my DH's brother who was diagnosed with a terminal illness and is now living with us. Was not hoping to hear that any infertility treatment would have to be out of pocket. :( Sorry, not trying to be a downer....just one of those days I guess.

Sarah - Sorry to hear that...unfortunately you are a member of a very big club. You are lucky if insurance pays anything. Most do not...at least not right now. But one day I think that will start to change.

I hope it changes. I know someone has said something along these lines before on here, but our bodies are not performing a normal function! It may be more "elective" than, say, chemotherapy, but it's not a boob job either!! Geez.

I hope it changes. I know someone has said something along these lines before on here, but our bodies are not performing a normal function! It may be more "elective" than, say, chemotherapy, but it's not a boob job either!! Geez.

I know...at the very least there should be some sort of high copay. I would be happy with them paying ANYTHING! I am a person who doesn't even get sick, so I always feel like having health insurance is just a waste of money for me. I have put so much in over the years, I deserve something back.

But like you said...for those of us who are able to make it work, we are lucky we are able to. I will still have to borrow, but I am lucky to have some assets to use as collateral & a good means to pay it back. I think my plan is to borrow against my 401K which is way better than doing a withdrawal. And the interest rate is not too bad.

That someone was me! I hope that one day this will change and we will get insurance coverage... but I highly doubt it.
Sorry about your BIL...

Oh one more thought...I am not so selfish that I have to have a biological child...that is not my word. I do not see wanting your own child as selfish. But I know you ladies have seen women or yourself have been confronted with the adoption question. And the idea that people do IVF over adoption has a label of being a selfish act. I would love to be pregnant & have my own child. However, I am not against adoption. But the thing that drove me to IVF was the price of adoption vs the price of IVF. It is pretty much the same. And the same outcome. You could pour money in to an adoption & still lose it all if it falls through. And after finding out the only issue we seem to have is count...that makes my IVF odds in my mind higher...so I am just planning to go with that. But you never know where life will lead you. I am not taking adoption completely off the table.

Sarah, I know the feeling. After over a year of trying with one early m/c I am so ready to be pregnant. Hopefully after all the tests the RE ordered, we can sort this out and see where the problem is.

I feel so dumb, I just got a bfn. I have so many wondfo hpts that come with the packs of opks. So I decided to use one after a 4 hour hold, 9dpo and of course negative. Just waiting for AF so I can get started with the testing, I was hopeful I would just get my bfp and be able to skip all the treatment.

Your temps look great! I am just happy that af hasn't come. Your lp might be better this month and you might get a bfp soon.

For a while I thought the issue was determining who is infertile. There are plenty of women out there who are actively ttc #5 or more and are upset and crying and whining about how they are not pregnant right away. So when does it stop? 3, 4, 5, 10? Before I started ttc I never thought women who's had a child can be classified as infertile because it seems like an oxy moron to me - if you've been able to get pregnant and give birth then you're not infertile! But apparently in the ttc world (saw way too many of them on FF), you are considered infertile if you've been actively trying for 12 months and nothing, regardless of whether or not you've had a child.

I had this discussion with DH the other day and he said why not just make it for the first child. Insurance should pay for couples undergoing treatments for their first child. It shouldn't be that hard. I guess he's right. I'm sure there will still be lots of arguments but I like to hide in the TTC#1 forum for a reason!

Yeah - we had been saving money to buy a house - so the IVF costs are coming out of that - estimated $14k. Hoping the insurance might pick up some of the meds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->