still throwing up and babys almost 4 months !!

loopy_lou

Reaction score
Hi All,

Husband sat me down today and said how worried he is about me, i am still throwing up and have now lost all the weigh i put on after having harriet (had only managed to put on 7 pound in the last 4 months). Dropped 3 stone when i gave birth, baby was less than half this. Dont get me wrong i am overweight so losing weight would not normally be a problem.

I am back to eating one meal a day if i am lucky i can make it to 2, 3 meals is very unusual. And i am also throwing up most days again (had morning sickness from about wk 14 through to the end of the pregnancy) hair is falling out badly and my skin is sunken and dry.

I am living off bottled water, pepsi max, chocolate, cereal bars & multi vitamins to just keep me going.

I dont know what else to do i bought fruit and this makes me throw up worse, i spoke to the doctor whos given me something to help but it makes me tired and with the little sleep i am getting with harriet i cant practically take them except on friday and saturday so husband can look after baby in the morning while i sleep. I tried making a packed lunch so i get to eat something but it usually ends up down the toilet.

Its been 4 months i have the odd good week when i get to eat and put on weight but mostly i am losing it and not because of anything other than me not eating i am just not hungry and today the idea of eating just makes me sick. (no not pregnant dont have the energy to even do that!)

Please tell me it gets easier?

Did the doctor say what it is?? Are you experiencing any pain/fever? I thought I had the worst morning sickness, as all pregnancy long I was constantly throwing up, but at around 7 months pregnant, I fell VERY ill and my OH took me right to the hospital...they sent for someone from the centre of disease control to find out what was wrong with me, and it turns out that I was in fact on my deathbed, and didn't even know it!

I had been diagnosed with a bad bladder infection at about 4 months along. I took the medication, and when retested, they said it was gone. Well, it wasn't gone at all, but the bladder infection had actually travelled up from my bladder into my kidneys and I had a very serious kidney infection. I developed Nephropylora (sp?) in my kidneys which I gather is a very serious form of infection, and I also had developed sepsis (blood poisoning), which is what I almost died from. It was HORRIBLE to say the least! I spent 4 days in the hospital recovering, and it was terrible. I merely thought I had bad morning sickness!

I hope you get this figured out, as it could potentially be very serious!! Take care of yourself!

Ok :hugs:
Do you get enough sleep? too little sleep can make you feel rotten for a start!
Do you breastfeed?

If you dont take in enough calories its like a vicious circle, you just feel more nauseous.

As for hair coming out, thats normal after birth. You should get your blood tested for anemia, hyperthyroid etc. Both of these can cause you to be tired and nauseous :nope:

If these dont work could it be a psychological reaction to your extreme morning sickness?

:flower: Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys doc thinks it's post nasal drip got pregnant when I was recovering from sinus surgery to remove a nasal polyp (had been growth for 10 years broken my nose so it's bent lifted my cheek bone all over such a long period I did not notice but the crunch came when it got to a size to make me go blind because of the pressure on the optical nerve) doc recons the post nasal drip is causing reflux which is being triggered by acid and food smells ;(

Not breastfeeding, no fever odd dizzy spell and spots before eyes which I put down to the 4-6 hours broken sleep I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->