still troubled with sleeping * update on page 3 *

mickey

Reaction score
Juleika's ability to sleep hasn't improved, sometimes she wakes up hourly at night!

we have tried everything so far...

putting up curtains to make the room dark...

filling up her belly, that she won't be hungry at night...

waiting if she grows out of it, as it might be due to development, teething etc...

nothing, nothing helps...

maybe two nights are ok and then we think it will get better now, and then the following three nights are chaos again :hissy:

I am sooo sleep deprivated, even easy household tasks are getting to much for me and my head seems to buzz all the time! as OH helps at night as well, he also doesn't get enough sleep!

as a last resort we finally try cranial ostheopathie! we have an appoinment on the 15th! this is really my last hope!!! pls guys keep finger's crossed for us!

I need to have proper sleep again, it starts to affect me seriously :hissy:

good luck with your appointment! is it just recently she has been like this or has she gone through a period of sleeping through the night?

"My seven-month-old is still not sleeping through the night. What should I do? "

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/sleep/sleepthroughthenightexpert/

Hope this helps!
:crib:

no, it was from the beginning on an issue!

sometimes I had to jump through the flat, with her inside the sling, to get her off to sleep!

Or you could try this...?
https://www.cowandgate.co.uk/our_products/baby_milks/goodnight_milks

Oh hun i know what ur goin through, Rios just the same i put her down at 10.30 after a bottle and she'll wake 12,1,3,4and 4.30 by now ive given in and put her in bed with me. Like u though i get about 2 nights where she'll sleep till 5 without waking.
So i do sympathies with u! Im shattered!
Good luck with ur appt let me know how u get on pls.
xx

My little munchkin is completely nocternal. She will only sleep 15 minutes at a time at night. I'm sooooooooooo tired.

Hope you get it sorted. :hugs:

Aww Mickey have you tried car rides or walks at night. My lil one tends to fall off to sleep once the breeze hits. But for you is it also a problem of getting her to "stay" asleep...hmm what about not allowing her to nap during the day??

Oh wow I bet you ARE tired. Good luck with getting it sorted out, I hope it works out

:crib: This is something that helped my son when he was restless. Now I was very lucky, he only got up once a night from birth to 1 month old. Then as of 1 month he slept through the night. However, there were times when he had a bit of trouble settling in either at night or for a nap. Or I would hear him stirring in the night a bit restless. So here is what I did....I took his favorite blanky and put it in the dryer on high for 4 minutes. :laundry: Then I would tuck him in with his warm blanky and he drifted right off. I also have a sound machine in his room and I play his ocean sounds or storm or wind chimes. Works like a charm.:sleep: Good Luck!

:cloud9:Lady Sicily

PS - Also I understand the 5 S's are quite effective if the above suggestions don't work.

Where does she sleep mickey.. I never realised how bad you can feel from not getting enough sleep, i sometimes feel very ill, dizzy, weak, my eyes hurts, bad headaches all from not sleeping very well...

I really can't wait to get a good nights sleep...

Do you have someone who couldn't look after her for a night just so you can catch up on some well needed sleep... my mum had louis for a night last friday and i feel re-charged now, should last another month or so lol

if she doesn't get enough sleep during the day, she gets overtired and it even gets more difficult to get her to sleep!

we can get her to sleep by carrying her in the sling or I nurse her to sleep, but yes, the problem is, she doesn't stay asleep for long periods!

if she sleeps 5 hours in a row, that's like holidays!

Try the 5 S's - Baby whisperer. I don't swaddle, but the rest of it has worked really well with my baby. He started sleeping well by about 15 or 16 weeks, but falls asleep himself with a dummy. I'd be cautious about instilling bad habits like car rides, rocking etc, as these can stick and can pose a new problem down the line.
Could baby be uncomfrotable for some other reason - wind or something else? In which case, you would want to deal with that issue first?
Hope it gets better soon!

didnt want to read and run...i dont know....maybe try and keep her up and have less naps in the day so by the time bedtime comes she is knackered!

Actually, definitely don't skip naps during the day... because it makes night time sleep more fitful. Just make sure long naps are restricted to before 3.30 pm and never longer than 3 hours. Short catnap in late afternoon to get through last feed and bath.
It will pass though..... hope it gets better soon.

oh hun, I am so sorry to read this, it must be frustrated. Have you tried co-sleeping? Maybe she just needs to be near you at night. You both would be able to get some sleep.

good luck with your appointment - i hope it proves helpful and gives you that sleep that you need :)

Just a Q. Do you feed her if she wakes in the night? Ryan was waking 2-3 times in the night. Every time he woke, I'd give him a bottle. About a couple of months ago, I stopped giving him bottles if he woke in the night, and gave him a dummy instead. He'd just suck on it about 3 times and go back to sleep - he wouldn't be waking because he NEEDED food, just because he EXPECTED it. He kept waking for about a week when I gave him the dummy, but since then he's slept through pretty much every night. I was determined not to resort to a dummy, but was getting exhausted from no sleep. Obviously, I wouldn't suggest doing this with a very small baby but it worked for me. :hugs: x

thx guys, I really appreciate your support :hi:

yes, we are co-sleeping, 'cos otherwise I even would get less sleep. when we put her in the cot to sleep, she wakes up an hour later!

and yes, she doesn't wake up 'cos she is hungry, she just wakes up and can't settle herself back to sleep.

she sleeps in nappies only, as our flat is quite warm, so getting to hot or to cold is ruled out as well.

and there is no obvious pattern behind, two nights she is absolutely fine, just wakes three times and goes back to sleep staright away and the following three nights are a nightmare again, waking up all the time and she can't go back to sleep again!

we tried as well filling up her tummy...
having enough entertainment throughout the day (e.g. going out, she loves it)...
having a calm day...
having a calm evening to get her relax...
having some entertainment before bedtime to get her tired enough...

has she been like this since birth hun? only with her age, if its a recent thing it could be teeth?
sorry your not getting the sleep you need, and i hope you cranial appointment works :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->