still troubled with sleeping * update on page 3 *

it was difficult from birth on, she took an hour on the breast and arm to be asleep sound.
she also wanted to be held all the time and wanted to comfort suck a lot!

apparently I was stuck on the sofa for the first three month!

as soon as we put her down, to try to get her to sleep in the cot, she started to cry!

we had her in the sling a lot and later on it even started to get very difficult to get her to sleep in the sling!

there were times, when I had to jump through the flat, whilst singing and humming at the same time in order to get her to sleep!

nice walks through the park were not to manage as well, 'cos if she was finally asleep, we had to be very careful, she doesn't wake up! only one barking dog and the walk was over :dohh:

I'm always so envious, when I see other mothers sitting for a coffee in the sun together, whilst their LO's sleep soundly in the pushchair!

I just can't do sth like this :(

you sound like youve tried everything hun, maybe juleika is a baby that just likes to be held (not helping i know)
have you tried swimming? or a bouncer where she has to really-really work hard and she tires herself out? :hugs:..
she sounds a happy content little girl and you sound like your a wonderful mummy, but one who is running on empty :hugs:..
is there someone who could stay the night so that they could see to her whilst you and OH have a couple of hours sleep? X

thx :hi:

no, the problem is, there are - besides of OH's twin brother - no relatives of us living in UK!

that might be a reason as well, why I just feel extremly exhausted at the moment!

I read the "no-cry-sleep-solution", but everything the woman writes about, I did!

let's see, how it goes tomorrow, please keep finger's crossed for us!

and I try to catch as much sleep as possible atm :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

having afternoon naps together with LO :baby:

guys, I am going to update you on the outcome of our appointment later, as it is a lot I have to tell, but don't have time atm :hi:

here is an update on our first appoinment at the ostheopath last tuesday:

we see little but significant improvement already!

she sleeps far deeper and can therefore go much longer awake without getting fuzzy! which is a major improvement as I just never got anything done!

I had to tell the therapist about pregancy, labour and birth and she confirmed what I ever have suspected, that it is due to the fact of her stucking in the birth canal when the urge to push started, but I didn't start to push as the midwife wasn't around.

therefore pressure built up in her body, which she still has inside, sitting in her head and spine.

we have to go for 3-4 more session, but OH and me are looking forward so much to them as already now, she goes off much easier, sleeps deeper, goes for longer awake and starts as well bending on her knees and putting up her bum in the air, whilst on her belly and on her arms! beforehand she always looked like she wants to do this movement, but for some reason she can't and she got frustrated very quickly whilst on her belly.

her spine seems to be much more flexible now, as she also propellers around on her belly all of a sudden as if she could do it since birth.

the ostheopath said the sleeping problem is a rising problem and it looks like it's down to poor care at hospital during birth. they are totally understuffed and the midwifes at hospital can't give the necessary support. she said as well, you shouldn't leave a person alone in my situation (that I was left alone, when urge to push came) and she was very surprised too, when she heard LO was out with three pushes!

That is wonderful news Mickey! I hope you guys are getting a full night sleep very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->