Still waiting to O after chemical 2 weeks ago..anyone else? :0(

Yeah they wouldn't let me go with ds for anything either in the hospital. Ds had a hearing issue in his left ear when he was born but they told me not to worry as its usually just fluid still in the ear. That's what it was.
So the us at birth was borderline?

yeah, it was also borderline during my ultrasounds. im not too concerned about it , though id be a mess if he needed surgery. ugh. not even gonna think about it

so will your OB do sweeps or anything at a certain point??

I doubt it. I was never offered with ds, was just told at my 39 week appt that if I had not had the baby by 40 weeks then they would induce if I wanted. I did have high bp that time.
I was only given a sweep when I was in labor due to a previous leep caused scar tissue so it had to be broken up before I could fully dilate.

ooh i see..
i think jonathan is constipated. he only pooped once yesterday morning and it was a tiny poo. then today, he woke up from his nap screaming like ive never heard him. he did this twice. he always wakes up and just makes fussy noises. i held him and i could tell he was straining to poo and his tummy was making noises. i called the doc and they said its normal with formula fed babies and that its not a concern unless he doesnt poo in five days. :growlmad: i feel bad for him though. hes in pain!

i had this problem with DS's whole first year of life! dr's told us to put karo syrup in his bottle and when he was older prune juice. we seriously put it in his bottle everyday till he was switched to cow's milk. approved by dr. it was the formula making his contipated. the enfamil AR is a very thick formula, made that way for babies like ours that couldn't keep anything down.
i was told by dr that the karo syrup just runs straight through their system and loosens up that constipation. they never told me to wait 5 days! that seems like an eternity. we started with 1 tsp of karo in his bottle and would adjust up or down as needed. can you call a nurseline and ask about what you can do? no reason at all that he should have to wait 5 days to go.

they told me to put an extra ounce in his bottle of water.. i did that and he made a big poo. it wasnt hard either. i thought it was a dumb thing to tell me to do but it worked :shrug: ive nevre heard of karo syrup

Ounce of water? Yeah we tried that too. Never worked for us but maybe ds was really constipated

Yes, a heavy formula for babies that projectile vomit. It helped him to keep down his formula and eat enough and comfortably but side effect was permanent constipation

hey ladies....yeah formula will stop up a baby :) adding more water usually does help

Good here....just waiting on baby to come. See dr again tomorrow. I won't be surprised if he says see you next week again.
How are you and Jonathan doing? And your oh?

were good. im feeling really awful about not being able to breast feed. its really effecting me :cry: Jonathan is doing wonderful. My OH has been awesome!

awwww, please don't feel awful about it! seriously, it doesn't work for everyone and you tried. baby will still get the nutrients he needs and grow big and strong. i felt bad about it at first too and even tried to get my milk supply back. but, looking back now, i have no regrets. i gave it a try and it didn't work out. DS is healthy and happy and growing just fine.
glad OH has been awesome!

i wasnt too upset until yesterday someone commented on the whole bonding thing =\
how long did it take your milk to dry up? i give him some from the pump but not sure how much longer ill do that. hell eat 2 ounce of breast milk (all i can get out of both boobs combined) then still want formula! lol. let me know how ur appt goes tomorrow!!

It took a few days only but I didn't pump or try past the 5th day I think. It really wasn't too bad at all for me. Wasn't painful like some say, I would say just more uncomfortable, but I was an a cup so that might have something to do with it.
I think I am getting a cold so now I want baby to wait till I've recovered!
I will keep you posted how it goes tomorrow. Kinda hoping now he says it will be awhile. I do not want to deliver while being sick too!

no, that would stink to deliver while sick! ugh! if i dont pump every few hours my boobs hurt. idk how ill ever just let them fill and not empty them :wacko: they are huge now. i went from a C to DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->