Still waiting to O after chemical 2 weeks ago..anyone else? :0(

thanks hun, no hell be awake.. basically they are checking if he has reflux, which is when the urine goes back up to the kidney. Hes def getting enough wet diaeprs a day, 10+ .. but they said it can still be a possiblity. they first want to find out why its big. if he does have reflux it usually rights itself by the age of 5 . antibiotics are sometimes used and surgery only if its bad/baby gets lots of uti :cry:

that must have been so hard with DS. omg. juts cant imagine. my brother had eye surgery when he was a baby because he had hibismus. id be just beside myself if my baby had general anesthesia

I hope the test results are good!
Yeah I wouldn't want to have to put my baby under either. That was one thing we really liked about the clubfoot treatment was that baby didnt need to be sedated. It was hard enough as it was!
Hating that you have this to deal/worry about. Like a new baby isn't enough already!!!!

i was just so sure itd resolve itself in utero . darn it. oh well, im glad its nothing serious and its being looked at closely

Jonathans appointment went well. He let out one little cry when they inserted the cather - then slept through the whole procedure. doc told me he never saw it before lol

seriously. driving me absolutely nuts.
Jonathan falls asleep while he gets a bath :haha:

I bet!
Kash has been gassy and fussy, poor guy. I switched to dr browns bottles and hope that helps him. He sleeps very fitfully now unless held and even then sometimes he cries and pulls his legs up in pain. It's since I switched to the playtex nurser bottles and powdered formula so I don't know if its the bottle or the formula yet. He did seen to gulp a lot of air on the nurser nipples. He doesn't gulp any air with the browns

hope he feels better. Jonathan was gassy and i give him gas drops after every feeding. it worked immediately and its completely safe. i didnt give it to him until he was 4 weeks old though, so just recently. I use similac bottles. they have this little thingy to reduce bubbles and they seem to work well. they are expensive. what kind of formula?

Enfamil newborn.
I've given him gas drops and gripe water. It's hit and miss if it works. Half the time he is fussy/gassy, he seems most comfortable when being held, so I hold him most of the time. It's becoming hard cause he won't sleep well at night and I have a toddler to take care of during the day as well. I hope these bottles work. So far I don't see a difference other than he is not gulping air through the nipple and he's been able to pass some gas today...I guess you could say that's an improvement already. But he is still fussy and seems in pain. I feel so bad for him.
I would not call it colic at this point....first was colicy and there is no mistaking that! Colic is unable to soothe no matter what you do

Last night I got 6 hours, night before maybe 4. Most nights I get 6 hours at least though cause dh takes the first night night feeding, sometimes the first two even. How bout you?

Hmm, id say 6-8, but i nap during the day too. Jonathan sleeps so much still. Every 3 feeds hell stay awake. So i feed him, he goes to sleep.. wakes up in 3 hours, i feed him he goes to sleep, then hes up for 3 hours. then it repeats lol. He is def more awake/fussy at night. During the day hes totally fine to sleep in his bassinet or rock and play and at night he wants to sleep in bed with us :wacko: which totally scares me!

I don't usually get to sleep during the day now cause I've not got baby on same schedule as my toddler yet.
I don't want to jinx it, but Kash has been just fine so far today. He's been sleeping and only waking to eat or get some cuddles, no signs of gas or pains today so far!
They do seem to be more fussy at night don't they....they have their days and nights mixed up in the beginning.
I would be scared sleeping in bed with baby too. Have you thought of getting one of those sleeper beds?

thought of it, but our bed is just a full size, and i read that even with a queen bed it hardly fit. hes been sleeping in his rock and play right next to me. now he refuses to go in his bassinet. fantastic.. lol

glad Kash is feeling better!

Does he like sleeping elevated? We put towels underneath Kash crib mattress so he can sleep at an incline. Seems to help him. Also, have you tried rolling up baby blankets and tucking them on each side of him? Sometimes that helps them feel more secure. We do that for Kash or he won't sleep in the crib

idk if i should put towels under the bassinet mattress. i think he prefres to be elevated, but he has slept very well in his bassinet before. i should try the blanket thing!

Oh, yeah I don't how it would work exactly in a bassinet. Maybe just a very small baby receiving blanket, something that would only elevate it like 30 degrees. We had our too high at first and Kash slid down just a bit, so we. Tried the towels and that seems to be the prefect elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->