Still working out?

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Anyone still working out, religiously? Maybe you were a fitness guru before you got pregnant? I am not a fitness freak, but I am doing it because it makes mes feel better physically, and I dont want to gain too much weight (I am limited to 20 lbs), and I have GD on top of it all...so yeah. Working out 6 days a week here, and that includes strength training to tone my arms and legs. Hopefully I am not doing too much.

Me!! I actually just signed up for a competition through my gym. Complete 20 classes in a month! Super excited. Before TTC I did marathons, triathlons and crossfit but stopped soon after I got my BFP.

Now I have continued with SoulCycle and walks since the beginning. I heard that if you continue to workout throughout your pregnancy it just better prepares you for labor.

I took my first trimester off, im now 16 weeks and finally getting back to the gym!
I dont think you're doing too much :) I dont want to gain too much with this pregnancy so im going to try and stay as healthy as possible!

I say well done to you if you are keeping going with exercise! I was exercising 5-6 days a week prior to pregnancy and I totally planned to keep going. Then morning sickness hit me like a brick wall and I literally couldn't bear the thought of exercise until it calmed down at 20 weeks. I then immediately developed pretty bad aneamia which caused heart issues and I was put on an exercise ban until my iron levels went back up. All in all, it took until about week 32 to be 'well' and there was no way I could get back anywhere near what I was doing, don't have the fitness anymore :( now I try to walk as much as I can but it's more of a waddle these days ha! So uncomfortable!

Keep going ladies, it's fab to stay fit & healthy if you can! It'll be so helpful for pushing in labour and getting back to your pre-pregnant selves afterwards! :)

I waited until my complete previa was gone. So.at our anatomy scan, I was found to be totally in the clear...and started to get back to being semi-active. Lol

I do yoga 2x a week, and walk on our treadmill at least 3x a week for a little over 2 miles. It's not super great exercise, but it keeps me moving, limber and helps with stress.

Religious exerciser here! I used to do a lot of road races and triathlons. I haven't since I got my bfp but I swim 2 times a week, ride my bike on my indoor bike trainer 2 days a week, prenatal yoga on Fridays, and I use my TRX suspension trainer sometimes if I'm in the mood. My personal rule of thumb is to go 60% of whatever of was doing before hand.

Felt a bit of pressure today in my pelvis so I only did cardio for less than 5 min and feel so bad about it. Feel like a failure. I know I shouldnt be so hard on myself but I am so scared of gaining unnecessary weight.

Don't beat yourself up. You have to listen to your body, and it usually is correct when it gives you signs.

Just think of it this way, this is nine months out of your life and when the little peanut comes you have this amazing baby you grew in your body. That is a feat unto itself! And after baby comes you can work out again.

Hope you feel better, I would take a deep breath. Recognize this amazing thing your body is doing and give yourself a pass while pregnant when you are getting signs of doing to much.

I'm a pole dance instructor and I was very active before getting pregnant. I took my first few month off, because I was throwing up constantly, but I'm already back to working out, both doing pole and yoga, and my body is doing really well with it :)
Since I was active before I got pregnant, I see no reason to not continue it throughout my pregnancy. I actually have a fellow instructor who is now 42 weeks pregnant and still pole dancing :p

Attachments

• headstand.jpg
    headstand.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 5
I don't "work out" per se like go to the gym or do any marathons or anything like that (although I envy those who can keep up that kind of routine while pregnant) but I live on a farm and I do a lot of activity. I do some heavy lifting occasionally - although I try to get my DH to help out in that area as much as possible - so it is like strength training in a way. Despite this I still manage to gain weight regularly, almost a pound a week, sometimes more and sometimes less, so I worry that I will have a hard time losing the weight after birth, especially since this is my fourth baby.

I'm a pole dance instructor and I was very active before getting pregnant. I took my first few month off, because I was throwing up constantly, but I'm already back to working out, both doing pole and yoga, and my body is doing really well with it :)
Since I was active before I got pregnant, I see no reason to not continue it throughout my pregnancy. I actually have a fellow instructor who is now 42 weeks pregnant and still pole dancing :p

Thats amazing!

I would definitely consider that as workout..you're probably breaking more sweat than me!

I've been having some pulling in my left side pelvis, when I try to do reaching exercises or squats. Dont think I am going to push myself just in case something's wrong and I am worsening it by not listening to my body. I get an u/s next week to check my cervix so if everything is going well, I am going to workout again, in the meantime just sticking to 10 min intervals throughout the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->