stinking protein in my urine already?!

hopedance

Sam's mum and pregnant
Reaction score
My doctor gave me some strips to dip in my pee to measure for glucose and protein each week. I just did the first one and it's already positive for protein! How can this be?! I am only 5 weeks or so preg - I think!

I am unsure on my dates and have a scan in 2 weeks to check - I have PCOS and don't get periods regularly. According to my last period I'd be 18 weeks pregnant, but according to fertility friend and my OPKs I am about 5 weeks. :dohh:

There are loads of tests all on the one stick. My GP only mentioned to look at glucose and protein but a few others are positive too. It seems to be quite strongly positive for leucocytes, and a trace amount of blood, and trace nitrites. Having googled as I typed this, it seems that urine infection can cause all of these to be positive - including protein? What do I do? My GP who gave me the strips only works Wednesdays and Fridays. Do I wait to call her, or explain to another doctor tomorrow? I don't have a midwife yet. I have no symptoms of an infection..

I would explain to another doctor tomorrow hun. Try not to worry, ive always had something but its been fine :)

That defo sounds like a UTI hun, I would try and get it treated asap:flower:

I would contact your GP surgery. It does sound like a UTI so best to get it checked out.

Heya...I had those pee sticks too second time around...and I always showed a trace of protein...which is scary when you have had PET in a previous pregnancy.

A trace however, is nothing to worry about, can be caused by many things, such as discharge contaminating the sample....did they also tell you never to use the sticks on first morning urine as it gives a false result?...middle of the day pee is best....PET is very very unlikely to start showing up 6 weeks into pregnancy, which is why my consultant wouldn't give me the sticks to start self testing until 25 weeks.

I would definately get them to check out the other positives on the stick though :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->