Stocking filler ideas needed!

whigfield

Reaction score
I have never done stockings before but this year OH and I have decided we're going to start doing them for each other, and for LO. :happydance:

I was happy about that until I realised I have no idea what to put in both OH's stocking or LO's stocking... :haha:

DS will be 15 months old at Christmas, and I'm really stumped! Right now crayons etc are more interesting to eat than draw with, but could that change by Christmas? A board book or two will definitely be a hit so I'll definitely put one in there, but beyond that...? I generally hate 'tat'! :dohh:

OH isn't much easier. Weight lifter, pretty gym obsessed, doesn't really eat chocolate and basically likes cars. The best I can rustle up for him right now is maybe some face moisturiser (he pinches mine!!), a couple of protein bars and maybe some special chilli flavored nuts or something.

Socks are a nono for him since he wears plain black work ones all the time (and it's easier to pair up :haha:), and he's not much of a reader. :dohh:

Help!!

For the kids I tend to do stuff like a new tooth brush, some sweets/ snacks bubbles, flannel, and fun socks. DD who is 15 months will also get some aqua doddle pens, hair clips ( not that she let's me put them on her), toot toot animals. DS who is 4 will have blind bags/ boxes and a wallet aswell.

OH gets cheap socks ( he is a life guard, and his shoes and socks get soaked every shift. So I just buy plain cheap black ones so I can throw away) , nice socks ( for non work days) , sweeties and chocolates. Anything small he needs for his bike ( break pads, bottle cage). He is a pain to shop for so I just get him practical stuff.

Oo I love stockings! Here are my ideas based on what you've told us.

For your OH:

-Hand exercise squeeze balls like these:www.amazon.co.uk/Squeezit-Strength-Therapy-Ball-Sports-Medicine/dp/B0076ZII56
-Heartrate monitor
-Boxers
-Aftershave
-Wallet

Your daughter:
-Instruments (wrist bells, shakers, tambourine etc)
-Play dough and cutters
-Child's cutlery set
-Bath toys
-Bubbles
-Clementine
-Christmas hat!

some wooden music makers
baby bubble bath + flannel/sponge
socks
toothbrush
sweets if you give them or if not some kids snacks (the ones from the baby aisle)
kids cutlery
sippy cup
happyland figures they do little blind bags or used to anyways
^ alternatively little people figures or weebles

Does your DH like liquor? I sometimes fill my DH's stocking with those mini bottles of various liquors. Other things I've done that might work for you are playing cards, toothbrush, a pocket knife, keychain, DVDs, jerky...

For the little one I'll recommend things like bubbles, a toothbrush, a new sippy cup, fun socks or mittens, toy cars or little people figures

For your LO:

new cutlery
new sippy cup
little people! seriously, my dd is 16 months and loves her little people
little people animals
color wonder finger paints
toy keys with sounds
flash cards

For your OH I'm not sure as I don't know him. But its a traditions for me to get my OH a new pair of boxers every year in his stocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->