Stockings - do you go by gift size or cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmaduke

Reaction score
Do you have a price limit on stocking gifts? Or if it's a small item that will fit?

I go by the cost as Daisy has a large stocking, I think a max of around £3 per gift.
Anything over that goes in the main gift pile even if it's small like a polly pocket.

What do you all do? x

i only really spend a couple of pound on each thing.

Yeah usually cheaper things will go in his stocking like chocolate, cars, pants, playdoh etc and more expensive as a main x

Bit of both really defo the cheaper stuff but if a cheap item is too big for the stocking I will just wrap it

I usually wrap all the presents and then pick a pile of things I know will fit. however if I know it is anything of value (not so much with Gabby but more Emily) then it goes downstairs.

This year I have set myself a challenge to upcycle all gifts in the stockings. Well apart from chocolate. I am trying to buy fun and brand new items from the car boot for all of the stockings, have been going for a few weeks and I have got some of the most fantastic thing, in fact it is making it fun plus I have saved a fortune. We love out stockings, put out of the end of the girls beds and then they come into our room to open them, they are more about silly things than anything else. I should do a thread with pictures of what I have managed to find up to now. the most expensive thing has cost me £1.00 but most things have been 10p and 20p!! :winkwink:

toptrump - we should do a car boot thread!
I have picked up quite a bit over the summer too. x

I just fill it with small items rather than the cost of things :)

Price. £3 max. I tend to raid sales and the poundshop. Also, toy shops and the pocket money section do good things :) Little wooden bracelets, little dinosaurs, stuff like that, idea for stockings x

My girlie has a sack rather than a stocking so it's cost rather than size (you can get lots in there). She also gets one decently priced gift from Father Christmas which goes in there as in our house Father Christmas only brings the stockings/sack.

Things under a fiver...
So far I have playmobil little boxed figures that were £1.75 each, small octonauts game £1, Christmas pascal £2, some pencils. £2 and that's it so far!

As the (gaint) stocking is all that Santa brings it's more about the type of thing than size or cost. For us it has to contain books, some form of clothing, sweets or chocolate and a few toys. Last year the most expensive item was the duplo train and the cheapest a foam glider.

For us it's a bit of both. We have smallish stockings that MIL knitted. So it has to fit but I also don't like to spend more than $5 on something for the stocking.

Price and size, if it is small and cheap it goes in.

I go by size mostly, but most stuff doesn't usually cost that much.

Bit of both really defo the cheaper stuff but if a cheap item is too big for the stocking I will just wrap it

This. I have a couple of hb bargains that i'm going to have to wrap due to size, but generally anything under £5 goes in. The most expensive thing in ds stocking is £2.99, but struggling for cheap items for dd. So so far she has two items for £3.99 and one for £6
X

Generally price but if they need filling up anything small will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g