Stomach bug

love.peace

Mama
Reaction score
I'm on holiday in Morocco and for the last two days I've been throwing up and on the toilet. It's been awful. Today I feel better and have eaten a little and have a little more energy.
But I've lost weight and I'm worried about the baby. Can someone reassure me?
We fly home tomorrow so perhaps I can see my midwife early as I'm not due to see her until 18 weeks x

Oh no how aweful!! I also caught a tum bug while i was away at 13 weeks pg. Just keep hydrated and eat anything u can thats bland. Im so sorry you arent well. Baby will be okay. Your body is working extra hard now to fight bug but baby is completely unawares im sure. I would call midwife when i get home just to see if she would like to have you come in sooner. Ps. Coca cola really helps with upset tum. I think its the ginger in it. Feel better momma.

When I was pregnant with my second, my first brought home at least 6 nasty stomach viruses from preschool. The only real worry is if you get dehydrated, or if you stay really sick beyond the usual 2-3 days. As long as you recover, it's safe to assume baby is fine.

I had a stomach bug at 7 week (or somewhere around there) and I was petrified. Research said that it’s unlikey to harm the baby. Being sick is normal in pregnancy so the body can cope with that, immune system may be lowered in pregnancy but baby is very well protected in its little bubble. Everything turned out fine for me and my baby was super small and super vulnerable. I’m sure you’ll be fine! Keep hydrated and try to relax x

Thank you ladies. I'm feeling much better. But I did loose a lot of weight and my bump seems really small now. Perhaps it was just mainly bloating (and fat?)
I'm going to wait and see my midwife at 18 weeks as nothing else has changed.
My mind will be so much more at ease when I start feeling baby move x

Ah so glad for the update. Heres to feeling much better. Im very sure you lost some weight and water. Shame love. I find that i feel my minx at night and early mornings. I have had to distinguish between gas or mini earthquake movements (i call it)

Hope you are feeling better! I'm sure baby is very happy in there, it's you that needs some TLC and time to recover properly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->