Stopped contraception - experiences

Monsterwriter

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

So I know everyone is different but just thought I would ask if anyone is happy to share their experiences after stopping hormonal contraception. I have been on one form or another for fifteen years, the mini pill for the last ten.

I stopped mine a week ago, have been tired and slightly emotional this week and have tender breasts but haven't yet had a withdrawal bleed.

Just wondering if I'm getting off lightly or I'm going to get a host of hormonal symptoms very shortly!

The mini pill doesn't give you withdrawal bleeds. My cycles took ages to return after the combined pill. After the mini pill I got my period six weeks after stopping and then they regulated after that x

I don't remember having a lot of hormonal symptoms after coming off the mini-pill, but I was only on it for a couple years. Maybe it will be a smooth transition for you!

I wasn't on the mini pill but was on microgestin (not really sure what kind of pill it is) for about 12 years and coming off was pretty rough at first.

I apologize in advance if this is too much info but the first thing I remember was really sensitive nipples. My bra hurt them, the water from the shower touching them, I wanted to cry. It was horrible. Then I had all of this weird jelly stuff coming out that I googled and it looked just like a cervical plug before a woman goes into labor. I told my husband at least we won't have any trouble figuring out when I am ovulating! I found myself insanely emotional, crying over absolutely nothing. I think my body was just not used to the hormones.

Since then, my body has calmed down and it is pretty nice. My cycles are really long which is nice for not getting my period a lot but kinda will suck when we decide to start trying. AF is actually better for me off the pill than it was on....go figure. The only thing I miss is being able to definitely say the Tuesday after I finish a pack I will start my period. So I started charting and it gives me a better idea of when to expect it at least. Just kind of stressful not ovulating for 40 days. But better than not knowing whether or not I ovulated and freaking out that I was late and taking pregnancy test after pregnancy test...

I'm about 3 weeks off the pill (have never taken mini pill.) I had a long and heavy withdrawal bleed. My nipples became very very sensitive a few days after I finished my bleed. Other than that, nothing so far. Just waiting for AF so I know that everything is getting back to normal..

I came off pill sat just gone but was already a week into packet was just too impatient lol. I had spotting on Mon and today so not really sure what's going on really lol xxx

Thanks everyone, the soreness has definitely eased.
Been feeling really rubbish this week but seem to have a sicky bug so think it's that rather than hormones.
Still waiting for AF but from the posts above doesn't seem unusual, good luck to those who have just come off as well xx

I am trying to come of the hormonal/IUD Mirena but the removal attempt was unsuccessful! Another appointment on Monday so hopefully it will be out for good!

My depo ran out on the 30th August, been having sore boobs and feeling a bit teary but only a bit of spotting no AF yet. Heard some proper horror stories about how long it takes after the depo :/ also really not feeling that sexy. I hate hormones!

I'm 3 weeks off the pill. I had spotting after three days that only lasted for a day. I've been an emotional wreck and finally this week I seem to be a little more normal in that regard. I feel bad for DH, because I was unintentionally picking fights with him and had to explain I can't control it. But I think that's over. I've had cramping but no official period yet.

I felt awful after coming off the pill and to top it off I didn't get a period for 80 days.
Don't worry though as I got pregnant the following cycle so all in all didn't take long.
Xx

I felt awful after coming off the pill and to top it off I didn't get a period for 80 days.
Don't worry though as I got pregnant the following cycle so all in all didn't take long.
Xx

You make me feel better about my situation! Thank you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back