Stopped taking pill, but haven't started period. Please help!

Megsoblessed

TTC 1st w/my hubby
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm Megan, and I'm new to the site. My husband and I have recently decided to start trying for a baby. We each have a child from a previous relationship, so it will be our first together.

I stopped taking my pill on July 27th (that's when I started my period/first day of placebo pills). It's been 37 days now, and I haven't started my period. I've taken a few (read: like 10) HPT's, and they have all been negative.

What is so irritating to me is that I've ALWAYS been regular. Even as a teen, when I started, I was always regular. After I had my DD, I had my first period when she was 6 months, and then went on the progesterone only pill, because we were breastfeeding. When she weaned (at 1 year 3 months) I went back to my OBGYN to get a combined pill. He told me to stop my POP pill, wait for my period, then start the new pack. I got my period in 28 days, like clockwork.

This is the first time in my life that I'm wanting to TRY for a baby, and I'm so ready to take that step with my dh. I'm so frustrated! Has anyone been through this? How long did it take you to get your period back after you stopped taking the pill?

Thanks to all!!

Hi welcome to the site...

You're going through exactly the same as me last month.. i had to wait for 7 weeks for my AF to arrive even though before the pill i was every 30 days without fail.. This month seems to be going the same way too, i was due on Friday but nothing yet.. i did loads of tests last month as i had lots of symptoms, especially nausea and sore bb's.. this month i have no symptoms but still keep doing the tests.. i guess some of us take a little bit longer to get back to normal!. I have just started taking Dong Quai as aparently this helps to regulate AF again.

Good luck and i know how hard it is but stay patient!:thumbup:

My first cycle after the pill was 40 days long x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back