stopping swaddling

If Hannah wasn't able to turn front to back and back to front I wouldn't let her sleep on her stomach. But she does both really well and has great head control so I'm not as worried about suffocation as I was in the beginning. Don't know when we'll get away from swaddling. She only went back to sleep after we swaddled her!! :rofl: TWO damn hours talking to that pacifier. Should add that we don't swaddle around her head just shoulders and below so maybe that helps.

Hannah LOVES being swaddled, arms and all. It calms her right down and puts her to sleep almost immediately! The nights we have tried not to so far have resulted in her waking herself up repeatedly until we finally give in and swaddle her :wacko:

Poppy is the same, keeps waking herself up with what appears to be a falling sensation and her arms fly up in the air everytime!

Have you thought about swaddling her in a light blanket/sheet underneath her sleeping bag? Just at first to get her used to the sleeping bag? You can even leave her arms inside as long as the sleeping bag fits well enough round her neck so she can't slip down into it.

That's a really good idea. Hannah's so long that I highly doubt her head would slip down into the bag. Will mention this to hubby tonight. I can't take another night of pacifier talk!

Lola used to LOVE being swaddled!

I got her off it by loosing the blankets and I then went on for the little swaddling blanket that swaddles feet and the rest of her is normally covered. Now she is in her sleeping bag at night which I think she's very much growing to.

Hannah LOVES being swaddled, arms and all. It calms her right down and puts her to sleep almost immediately! The nights we have tried not to so far have resulted in her waking herself up repeatedly until we finally give in and swaddle her :wacko:

jasper is the same. loves it. i wrap him sometimes if he'd being cranky between sleep times just to calm him down a little! its better than a dummy for him.

maybe try wrapping her loosely maybe, she'll still get the comfort and bedtime association and all the wriggling it'll take to roll she'll most likely wriggle out of her wrap. just a thought.

Kathryn loves being swaddled too, though she's grown out of her "swaddle me" things (though we still cram her in them-we can't find the next size up!) and she can't sleep un-swaddled either (or at least nor for very long). I hope we can get her to sleep with out it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->