Strange 8 week ultrasound...

JessPape

Myself, Husband, DD
Reaction score
So this is our ultrasound at 8 weeks... Anyone got any idea what may be to the left of the baby? ha.....

Should have a rescan in September, this was due to a bleed, which there was no reason found for the bleed. But other than that I know nothing more from this ultrasound, minus baby had a solid heartbeat of 170 and was measuring dead on for the time period.

https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/JessePape/968913_10201211661286707_1383113281_n_zps9589e0f9.jpg

I think its a reflection or something, is that even possible?

my moms co worker (who has twins) swears its twins.

I think it might be your ovary ? You can see something similar on the right side too... When i had my 12 wk scan, they looked at my ovarys and it looked similar to whats on your picture... Might be totally wrong but id say its your ovary :)

I had that on my scan. Think its what the pp said x

Yes, I was going to say ovary also. I've had many many ultrasounds on my ovaries, and that's what my guess is. It'd be pretty cool if it WAS twins though!

I think it might be your ovary ? You can see something similar on the right side too... When i had my 12 wk scan, they looked at my ovarys and it looked similar to whats on your picture... Might be totally wrong but id say its your ovary :)

I thought ovary too, but at 8 weeks. My ovary should be higher. Could very well be though.

I had something similar on my scan, it was on the picture they printed off for themselves and not my copy, I nearly had a heart attack as I thought it was another sac, the midwife laughed and said that was why she kept it for herself, and that it was just the waves bouncing back on themselves because of the way she held the wand!

It depends on what angle the scan was at. I had spots like that on all my ultrasounds. Techs are pretty good and wouldn't miss another big spot like that ;)

I have a spot like that on my 9 week scan and was told it was a cyst on my ovary.

Yes all my ultrasounds have had something like that. I can't imagine she would miss a second sac and baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->