Strange shooting/cramp/side pain

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
Up until now I've felt fine- cramp wise. I've had cramps, but they've been pretty steady- painwise, I got used to them and they didn't really hurt.
This morning we went to do errands and shopping. I was standing and walking, then sat in the car for about 20 minutes, then we went shopping and I was walking around for about 1 hour. At around the 30 minute mark I started to get uncomfortable, and by 1 hour I felt like I needed to sit. We got home and I rested and felt much better.
About 1 hour after that I started getting these sharp pains on my left side, I guess where my ovaries would be. It's shooting pain that comes and goes every few minutes. It's been going on for about 2 hours and I'm starting to get worried.
Is this normal? What is this?

Spd pain? Or round legiament pain? you tried taking paracetamol or using hot water bottle?

Spd pain? Or round legiament pain? you tried taking paracetamol or using hot water bottle?

No, it doesn't feel like either, it's more inner.
It comes less now, I guess every 20 minutes, but I'm still a bit worried.

I'm amazed at how much I hurt after standing for a while, I usually have a high pain tolerance, but now when something hurts or is uncomfortable, even the slightest I stop everything. It's not only my health anymore!

I had the exact same thing these last 2 days, I got an emergency appointment with my gp today who said it sounds like it's probably a urine infection and he has given me some antibiotics. He did also say that it's quite common especially as everything is getting 'loose' down there and moving around! Go to your gp and check you haven't got a urine infection just incase x

It could just be round ligament pain too. I've had lots of the stretchy type RL pains but I've also had spasms so bad it felt like a muscle was being torn in half. My dr said it was just RL pain and I need to take it easy. But if it's worrying you, it's not a bad thing to at least call your doctor and ask.

Just an update, yesterday and today I've had no pain, so I'm guessing it was just due to the fact I was on my feet too long.
I'm definitely going to have to remember to take it easier and sit down every now and then for longer periods of time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->