stress at work over maternity!

nikkibr

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
I am soooo stressed!! im 22 weeks pregnant and my work will not arrange my maternity leave. i have looked it up on the internet and it say that i have to have it in writing to my manager by 15 weeks before the baby is due which is 30th decmeber. i have emailed my boss about and she either just ignores me or tells me we will have a meeting about it and never see's me! they have no policy in place and can't even tell me how much im entilted to or what pay im entitled to!! im just at a loose end! i really don't know what to do, after next week i break up for xmas and arent back til 5th January so will be after my 15 weeks pregnat, and i can fully imagine the company then using that against me! does any one know any more on this matter or know what i can do? i have no idea when i even want to take my maternity leave as i dont know what im entilted to!! is this really late for this all to be aranged?
Nikki xx

do you have an hr department you can contact hon? go straight to them rather than through your manager as they obviously don't know what they are talking about. they will also be able to tell you whether the company has a private maternity policy in place or whether you'll be on statutory maternity leave.

also, keep a record of all of the emails etc you have sent as that shows that you have been chasing this up and the company has not responded.

abz xx

As long as you have informed them in writing before 25 weeks then i dont think they could do anything about it. Just keep a copy of the letter and hand a copy to your boss/HR dept (make sure you date it).
If you've worked there over a year you're entitled to SMP as long as you are an employee of the company. The minimum they can pay is 90% of your full wage for 6 weeks then £123 after that for the remaining 33 weeks. (under a year you're entitled to a little less)

Make sure you also hand them a copy of your mat B form (from your doc or midwife which should be given to you at your 25 weeks appointment) then I dont think they'd have a leg to stand on if they wanted to start being funny.

Dont let it stress you. I work for quite a big company and the HR dept here are a bit useless, they know what they're meant to do but they just cant be bothered getting round to it.

Good luck hun and dont let them get to you!

Hunny - my best advise to you, is sort out what you want, when you want to leave etc. Base your pay on the basic - which is on the post above, then if you get more its a bonus. My work really stressed me out about this, now im off sick - wether thats because of the stress I will never no.

hiya thanks for your replies, my company only has 20 people in it and doesnt have a HR departmnet so its not like i have any one else to go to! i dont even know things like how much of my holiday for next year will be included or anytihing! i thought something liek this would be quite straight forward but obvioulsy im wrong!! x

kick them up the bum babes. you could always give citizens advice a ring if they still won't respond.

my manager just received all the dates i can leave from etc and said he assumed i had them... well i haven't... ha.

is your boss' boss available? I hate going over heads but it seems like you don't have much time left. My friend at work went through the same crazy leave - nobody had time to meet with her, nobody had time to transition and cover for her, but it's not like she can postpone having a baby. She was beyond frustrated, in the end she internally arranged her own coverage without her boss involved and just kept him aware. You still have some time to resolve all this. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->