Stress levels

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
Are at a all time high! I'm awaiting neurologic report on my dd3. Dd2 got hand foot and mouth disease. Didn't get any better it's now become a secondary infection tonsillitis on antibiotics for 10 days. I'm 34weeks +2 bp has started to rise. Trying to remain claim.. I have a disabled daughter who needs a lot of care. I'm trying to get myself as close as I can to 39weeks but I know it won't happen seems as bp is already on the up. And there is nothing I can do to keep it down. I'm trying to hold it together but I can feel the heart palpitations already! 😞... Any tips on relaxation? I'm soaking in the bath of an evening. But once the morning comes I'm straight back too it. Bp has been great the whole way til Tuesday just gone it was 150/80 it's been between 110-120/60-70 the whole way.. I need to try bring this down or my dreams of a pre e free pregnancy slip through my fingers. I've had pre e & eclampsia each pregnancy was hoping for just 1 labour that wasn't forced 😩😩

First honey, take a deep breath and try and let some of that anxiety go. Pre-e isn't caused by high BP or stress. It's a hormonal condition that is caused by the placenta releasing the wrong kind of substances into your bloodstream. So you could be lounging under the sun in the Caribbeans and still get pre-eclampsia (which then causes the BP to go up). Controlling your BP is in no way helping in preventing pre-e, since it's a sign, not a cause. So it shouldn't depend on what your daily life is like and it's not something you can control or feel guilty about.

On the other hand, you being stressed out during a measurement might cause your BP to rise slightly without you having pre-eclampsia. Try and get your BP when you're calm and have been sitting down for at least 5 minutes.

In any case, maybe you could ask for some extra support if things start piling up? Like getting a little bit of extra help with your daughter now that you're so late in your pregnancy? Or just someone to be there for you and to help you decompress a bit. :hugs:

First honey, take a deep breath and try and let some of that anxiety go. Pre-e isn't caused by high BP or stress. It's a hormonal condition that is caused by the placenta releasing the wrong kind of substances into your bloodstream. So you could be lounging under the sun in the Caribbeans and still get pre-eclampsia (which then causes the BP to go up). Controlling your BP is in no way helping in preventing pre-e, since it's a sign, not a cause. So it shouldn't depend on what your daily life is like and it's not something you can control or feel guilty about.

On the other hand, you being stressed out during a measurement might cause your BP to rise slightly without you having pre-eclampsia. Try and get your BP when you're calm and have been sitting down for at least 5 minutes.

In any case, maybe you could ask for some extra support if things start piling up? Like getting a little bit of extra help with your daughter now that you're so late in your pregnancy? Or just someone to be there for you and to help you decompress a bit. :hugs:

I know it's not caused my stress. I have had it 3 times over & eclampsia & hellp. But if I can't keep it low they will take me in hospital that's what they did before. Put me in bed rest still didn't help I still had a seizure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->