Stressing about gender

CrazyMumma

Reaction score
So this is mine and DH's first together - we each have a daughter from a previous relationship.

We decided before we even conceived to stay Team Yellow - thinking that we would have 1-2 more after this one.

Unfortunately - my pelvis is not coping with the pregnancy, I was on crutches at 11 weeks, am now using an old lady walker and wheelchair. I cannot drive as my legs 'lock' and spasm. My left leg sits at least an inch shorter than it should be, and I am in pain 24/7. No way am I doing this again.

Therein lies my problem - ever since we realized this would be our last I have been stressing. I want a son. I want a brother for our girls and a son for my husband. If this one is a boy I will be content without having more - but if its a girl.....

I don't want to feel incomplete for the rest of our lives :(

Hugs, it's so hard knowing it's your last shot. There is always the option to adopt a son later but that isn't for everyone. I can understand how you feel but in reverse. I want to give my sons a sister, and with 4 of them already it's looking increasingly unlikely.

I felt like this too. I will be 41, so I just don't think another is in the cards for us. We are having our 3rd boy. I was sad at first, but I am ok with it now. I am pretty excited to meet the little guy. The only thing giving me mixed feelings is that I know I would be over the moon if it was a girl. So although I am pleased to be having another sweet son, I am not feeling the same as if I thought it was a girl YKWIM? We were team yellow with our first 2 and had planned on it this time too, but a glitch meant we found out by accident that our 3rd is a boy. I was super bummed to know at first, but now I am kind of happy knowing. If you are really struggling, perhaps you want to reconsider staying team yellow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->