Stressing ! Still cant feel uterus or find hb on doppler 11w Anyone else?

FabPop

Reaction score
Hi im supposed to be 11 weeks with my 3rd baby, I'm quite large but when I lie down my tummy is flat, I thought as this is my 3rd I would b able to feel the uterus by now so im starting to threat (again!) :cry: 1st scan is still over a week away! Im trying not to worry about the doppler as I think it may b broke but I cant help tormenting myself each day by trying it :nope:

Hi, try not to fret, I know its easier said than done. Every pregnancy is different and your uterus just may have not popped up yet. As for the doppler I had one with my first two and I couldn't locate the HB on a Doppler until at least 14 weeks, I think I got it once at 12 weeks but I couldn't be sure so its probably still to early, some ladies can find them but if your Uterus hasn't popped up yet then that's probably why you cant hear it? Have you got your scan date through? hope the week goes quick for you xx

Try not to worry, even with your third you won't necessarily find the heartbeat etc at 11 weeks, yur uterus may not have popped out yet and every pregnancy is different *hugs*

Thank u, wish I could relax & enjoy pregnancy but I end up flapping each time! My scans on the 5th! xx

Try not to worry, it's not recommended to use a Doppler that early for that exact reason. It's too early. Some people do find a hb that early but it's unusual. Your scan will set your mind at rest.... It will be a looong week, try and keep busy xxx

Hey

Try not to worry - my midwife told me not to her a Doppler for this exact reason! She said even trained medical professionals can struggle at 14 weeks and wouldn't even try sooner!

Secondly, I'm 13 weeks, had scan and all ok and I cannot feel my uterus!

I know, it's really hard not to worry, but using a Doppler really isn't recommended and feeling or not feeling your uterus means absolutely nothing so has no baring on if your pregnancy is ok! It will all be fine, I promise :)

I didn't have an early scan, my first was last week I felt the same as you and now looking back wish I had relaxed a little!

Good luck and put the Doppler away xx

I went for a checKup at 11 weeks and the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat using the Doppler. She assured me it was early and not to worry. She got out the ultrasound machine and sure enough baby was fine! Happily swimming away in there! Try not to stress... Enjoy your pregnancy!

Thank u all for ur advice & reassurance! :) Im just paranoid! Il let u know how it goes nx week xx

I'm the same as you, i am 11+1 got my sonoloine B and i still cant find the heartbeat. Im not a big person i have low bmi and i am starting to really panic, my scan isnt until the 11th :cry:

I'm 11 weeks with 3rd baby (5th pregnancy) and I can't feel mine yet but just seen my baby on a ultrasound today.
As for dopplers generally they won't even use them till like 16 weeks so not being able to find it at 11 weeks is totally normal.
Try not to stress I'm sure your baby is just fine :)

Your uterus still grows at the same rate in subsequent pregnancies so at this stage will still be in your pelvis. What makes you show quick is the muscles and ligaments are already a bit looser and therefore stretch quicker.

Have you tried having an orgasm and then trying to feel your uterus? At this stage having an orgasm which would make your uterus go hard, might be enough for you to feel it.

As for the doppler, change the batteries, use a lot of gel. Place it on your public hair line and point it towards your cervix.

I'm also due with my 3rd, looks like we are a day or two apart :)
I am plus sized, 11+1 and can't feel my uterus unless I've got a really full tummy of food haha! Haven't got a Doppler, but know I am feeling baby moving.
All is fine, just relax! You have to be more relaxed - you're a pro now lol xxx

My last pregnancy I don't remember exactly when I first found the heartbeat, but I know it was right at the minimum number of weeks the instructions on the doppler recommended. After two tries and over 45 minutes, I finally heard a faint "something". It was so faint and lasted only a few seconds so I wasn't even sure it was the heartbeat.

This time around I tried with a different brand at 9 weeks and heard nothing, but baby's heart was beating away at my scan the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->