Stretching/Stripping membranes

river_mommy

Reaction score
I had a dr's appiontment today and he stripped my membranes. Wasn't painful at all.
How effective this can be in inducing labour? I know there are ppl how donn't have any results with it, but what are the odds to get in labour after this?

I am only 1 cm dilated so far and NO other symptoms, except ome mild mild disconfort under my belly.

I've heard plenty of success stories from people who have had their membranes stripped. But who is to say it wasn't going to happen anyway?

I had it done on Tuesday. I was 2 fingertips dilated. Yesterday I had some pretty serious cramping and bleeding.... I got excited. Butttt nothing came of it. And today I feel normal :(

i had mine on the wednesday and went into labour the friday having gertie early saturday morning.x

I had mine last friday hun i had some blood after she did it, i was 2cm dilated then started getting a few pains in the day.. The day after i started having big white gluey looking chunks comeing out tmi~ but obviously it was my plug. she was even feeling my babys head at the time lol but since nearly a week all ive had is braxton hicks some quite intence but nothing has come of it.. I'm being induced saturday now as i'll be twelve days overdue. Good luck incase anything does come of it x

im due to have mine done on the 8th feb i will be 37 weeks, and i don't know why but i really feel lie it is not going to work

It will all depend on how close you are to naturally going into labour. If your body is not at all ready to go into labour, a sweep will do nothing. If your body is more receptive and ready for labour, then a sweep may help to start things off.

It will all depend on how close you are to naturally going into labour. If your body is not at all ready to go into labour, a sweep will do nothing. If your body is more receptive and ready for labour, then a sweep may help to start things off.

I agree, i dont understand why some doctors/mw's are doing sweeps
at 37wks, i dont think they should be done until the baby is either
due or overdue. x

I agree, i dont understand why some doctors/mw's are doing sweeps
at 37wks, i dont think they should be done until the baby is either
due or overdue. x

the reason for my sweep is because with my second dd at 6lb 9oz got stuck with shoulder dystocia, and she was classed as a small baby through out the pregnancy, this baby is growing very well, they can not say if shoulder dystocia will happen again or not there is no way off telling and trying to avoide a section so that is why they are doing stretch and sweep on me, to try and get baby to come befor she is too big that i will prob strugle and to try not to go to a section

Few hours after stripping I had a small bleeding (very tiny and brownish...sorry if tmi) and that's it. No cramping/discomfort anymore, nothing...
I am keeping my hopes up that she will be here by the end of this week...
I am planning the other natural induction thing tonight :sex:. I am doing everything in my power to help her come :kiss:

I am having one tomorrow, quite scared!

Nothing to be scared of, I didn't even feel it, I thought he is just checking me internally, no pain, and he told me at the end that he just stretched my membranes. I was planning to ask him if he would be willing to do it at the end of the consultation, but he was 1 step ahead me...:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->