Strip washing nappies - opinions wanted

It is the actual laminate that is the PUL, and its clear, the colour it looks it just whatever colour the fabric is, ie with white PUL wraps, the fabric is white, but the actual PUL (Polyurethane laminate) that coats it is clear.

hmm ive just re read and i see what you mean, im sure i read somewhere it was to make them white again but i see how that wouldnt work lol :dohh:

x

it's not what you asked... but when you do go to all the effort of a strip wash and then hang them out to dry, make sure your neighbours don't light a damned bbq 20 minutes later !!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr !

stupid smokey stinky nappies.........

:growlmad:

omg mine did this a few weeks ago, was NOT impressed!!! and their kids kept bloody squirting their water pistols over the wall onto my washing :shock:

x

I'm thinking of doing the dishwasher tablet method in a few weeks' time, when I go to my mum's. Am interested to know, those of you who've done it, how many rinses it takes for the water to run clear.

Also, how many nappies per load would you do? A normal load for me is nothing like a full load, it's 3 days' worth and could be up to 14 nappies (he isn't in cloth at night). I have about twice that in my stash, plus extra inserts. Would you do all of them in together or two separate loads?

And the covers - I wouldn't do my Flip or Motherease wraps, but would you strip pockets or AI2 shells?

How about liners? And really new nappies? Would you bother or not, if they are not stained?

:flower:

when i do a strip i do everything, even my wraps, i just bung whatever i have in lol, dont see the point in washing half of the stuff seperately :shrug:

x

Oh, I was just worried about overfilling the machine and it not being done properly! I wouldn't normally think to do two loads. :)

hmmm i generally stuff my washing machine till not one single liner can get in there LOL

x

am doing a big wash today with all my nappies as the sun is shining, so should get them all dry quickly.Doing the dishwasher tablet one. he'll have to be in sposies today, but otherwise I'd have to do 2 loads.

How did it go, bjl? Also, what temp did you wash at? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->