Stripping terries without dishwasher detergent?

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I have some preloved terries that I would like to strip before they are properly washed for the little one.

I know you can do it with dishwasher powder, but I don't have a dishwasher so don't have any :haha:

Is there another way I can do them?

Ta!

yes a 60 degree wash with a full normal dose of detergant ten rinse rinse rinse till theres no more bubbles

You can also boil them with a bit of dish soap- the degreasing effect of the dish soap strips away any build up and the boiling will sanitize them too :thumbup:

eta- the main ingredient in dishwasher tabs is sodium carbonate, aka washing soda, so you could always use that or a generous dose of a water softener, like calgon, if you prefer to do the "dishwasher tab method" :)

If they're cotton terry, do the hottest load your machine will do. That will melt and remove any residual fats, and soften the nappies beautifully. You can add an egg cupful of white vinegar instead of the dishwasher tablet.

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

They are in my machine as we speak, is it very sad that I am quite excited? :blush:

not at all sad hunni, im stuffing my nappies right now to show off to MIL ( who thinks cloth bums are strange and hippylike ) when she gets here lol

Oh fab! I love showing people what I have bought cloth bottom wise - although my sister still thinks I am mad I am sure, and yes ... hippy like as you say. Especially as I want to have a hypnobirth, want to breast feed, baby wear, do baby led weaning, not clamp the cord immediately and I might even ask for the cord :blush: she thinks I have gone mad... those are all the things she scoffs at and makes snidey comments about as she's all for convenience and thinks ladies getting their boobs out is 'weird'. Funny how people have such different views, isn't it?

How can your MIL think it's odd though? Surely she used cloth?!! I know my Mum did with me, loved her terries....

Oh yes, I can't believe the amount of bubbles there are in my machine by the way!! There seems to be a huge build up there, do you think they haven't been stripped in ages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->