Strong heartbeat when trying to sleep?

melewen

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm super newly pregnant, only about 4w2d, but the last couple nights I've noticed that when I'm trying to sleep my heart beats really *hard*--not even fast, but like my pulse is really really strong. When I tried not drinking as much water a couple months ago, before the pregnancy, this happened too (I used to drink WAY too much and it screwed with my metabolism!) and drinking a bit more water helped. But I feel like I'm drinking loads of liquids right now. Has this happened to you? It's preventing me from sleeping well! Is it normal?

I experienced the same thing when I was around 4-5 weeks pregnant. My heart beat felt stronger and faster, also my heart would beat really fast for a few seconds and then slow down. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and my heart rate/beat has gone back down to a normal rage, although it still beats slightly faster compared to before I was pregnant. My friend experienced the same thing throughout her entire pregnancy though, especially at night.

yesh i had it on and off and i would only notice it at nighttime when ive began resting or trying to fall asleep. it's normal as far as i know because we have alot more blood in our bodies being pumped so a heavier pulse is a good thing!

on the other hand, it's also normal and expected that our heartrates can be up to 10 beats faster per minute during pregnancy. it would feel like palpitations or just a heavy heartbeating to me when it does happen but i just try to relax and take my mind off it when it used to happen.

Thanks ladies :) I talked to my doc about it and she said it's totally normal, just the blood volume increasing like you said. Can't wait for it to go away.. just saying :) I can't seem to sleep when it does that! Ahughes did it ever keep you awake and did you do anything for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->