strong lines mean jack S**T!

1wantbaby3

Reaction score
as i sit here, i should be 5 weeks pregnant. I found out last week im pregnant again, such an amazing surprise after 4 miscarriages and finally deciding enough is enough. I took 5/6 tests and each test progressed until the test line was as dark as the control line ( PERFECT) again sooo relieved things were looking good..... fast forward to yesterday and i had another test left so used it for peace of mind. as you do, and the result wasnt good.... the test is is now so faint. Hoped it was a bad test, bought another today and the same thing another faint test line.

i hopnestly thought this time would be different as my test on Monday was amazing and strong. Looks like im on the way to losing another pregnancy, totally gutted.
so yeah ..... STRONG LINES MEAN JACK SHIT!
within 3 days i went from as dark as can be to super faint :growlmad:

as i sit here, i should be 5 weeks pregnant. I found out last week im pregnant again, such an amazing surprise after 4 miscarriages and finally deciding enough is enough. I took 5/6 tests and each test progressed until the test line was as dark as the control line ( PERFECT) again sooo relieved things were looking good..... fast forward to yesterday and i had another test left so used it for peace of mind. as you do, and the result wasnt good.... the test is is now so faint. Hoped it was a bad test, bought another today and the same thing another faint test line.

i hopnestly thought this time would be different as my test on Monday was amazing and strong. Looks like im on the way to losing another pregnancy, totally gutted.
so yeah ..... STRONG LINES MEAN JACK SHIT!
within 3 days i went from as dark as can be to super faint :growlmad:

research the hook effect. Once your levels are high, it can actually be too high for the test to read properly. Mix urine with water and see if that changes the results at all

I too suspect the hook effect. Hopefully that's what it is!

I have the same thoughts (hook effect). It happened to me after 2 miscarriages and I stopped testing and waited for blood test results and am now 18 weeks pregnant. Wishing you the best

yep, stop testing. the hook effect is real and happened with me on my 2nd son. look up the hook effect!

i looked it up ladies, but if my hormones were that high, i would most likely have sickness by now and i don't. With my 2 successful pregnancies, my sickness was horrendous. Im excepting that this pregnancy is ending and im absolutely gutted :'(

did you have strong lines that turned to faint lines? ive never heard of the hook effect before now so im interested in how others were effected xx

I would say that 5 weeks is a little early for the hook effect - I tested it out with my 3rd pregnancy on cheap tests and it was noticeable at 7/8 weeks.

I used frers a few times through my first trimester with my eldest and they never faded. Obviously eveyone has different hcg levels but I wanted to share my experience of the hook effect.

Do you have bleeding or cramping?

i looked it up ladies, but if my hormones were that high, i would most likely have sickness by now and i don't. With my 2 successful pregnancies, my sickness was horrendous. Im excepting that this pregnancy is ending and im absolutely gutted :'(

NOPE, wrong!!!

every pregnancy is different. with my first, I had absolutely NO morning sickness. none. not a drop. I felt amazing my whole pregnancy. With my second, I was sick as a dog. Horrible morning sickness. Both boys, so who knows. Morning sickness/lines on a test are NOT an indication of a healthy pregnancy at all. Stop taking the at home tests - if you're concerned, ask your doctor for blood tests. but stop emotionally spiraling - at 5 weeks, pregnancy tests aren't an accurate indicator. call your doctor and calm down. you're pregnant!

I would definitely go for blood tests. I have heard that beyond a certain point the tests may not work very well?

I did take the odd few tests even at 6/7 weeks, and they never got as dark as the control line ever and the later tests were a touch fainter, even the progression of all my tests were awfully slow.

Also, I didn't feel nauseous until perhaps 7-8 weeks. Didn't even feel pregnant in any shape or form until the nausea hit actually. When it did hit it was way worse than with my first child. It just shows that every pregnancy is unique.

I would confirm what is going on with blood tests before fearing the worst.

i starting bleeding today so looks like loss number 5 :'(
why? just why?

1want I am so sorry for your loss. Please see a doctor and find out what is causing the recurring losses. I hope you can get some answers and your heart can heal :hugs:

Oh no I'm so sorry :hugs: :hugs: xx

I was going to say probably a hook effect. I actually decided against testing at 6 weeks because i read that sometimes the lines get fainter and I didn't want to cause myself unnecessary anxiety.

EDIT: Just read you're bleeding.
I'm so sorry. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back