Studying...

jenny82

Reaction score
Someone help me, I actually don't know what I should do. Its so silly but OH tells me only I can decide...but I can't decide!

I can either do an Open uni maths degree or a dressmaking qualification.

Maths degree I would love but it will take 6 years, cost about 1000 per year and I'm not really certain what I would do with it. I would be using my brain though which is great as I feel that it has turned to mush in the last while. I always regretted leaving my maths degree half way through when I was 18, especially because I was actually quite good when I put my mind to it.

Dressmaking course is a bit of a grey area. I do have a sewing machine but can only do the very basics. I'm not sure if I'd actually be any good at this at all and always thinking I'm not very creative. I'm a bit worried that if I don't like it, I won't go back and it's be a waste of money. Only 90 quid but still...

What would you do? Deadline is looming and I need to pick one :dohh:

I would got for dress making first, its only £90 and if you then do decide to go onto the maths you have another little skill under your belt.

Yes that's very true I guess! Ok, I'll prob just do that then. The OU has start dates in October and January so I can even just start after Christmas if I change my mind.

Cheers ladies :)

I agree :flow:

Can you transfer credit from your previous Uni ... I know this can be done but not sure if there is a time limit :flow:

xx

I really want to do a dress making course because it will always be handy, from school plays to earning a bit of extra money here and there altering for people

How long is the dress making course?

I'd be tempted to do both haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"