subchorionic hematoma recurrence in future pregnancies?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
hi ladies, I wasn't sure where to ask this.

I had a sch in my pregnancy and was pretty much on bed rest from 6 weeks till 20-22 weeks.

for those that had sch, did you have them again in your subsequent pregnancies?

I want to ttc again soon but worried about recurrence.

My midwife said it was pure chance?? So yes it might recur but the odds are the same as someone who'd never had one... Unless they found a specific medical cause... With mine they suspect it was where the placenta implanted but it can just be a burst blood vessel - in short -it's unlikely!

Also to be on bedrest that long is rare - in the UK- (US are more cautious) generally they say get on with life what will be, will be... Now I definitely stopped physical activity but there was no way they were going to sign me off work... So in the unlikely event it did recur - I wouldn't assume you'd be bedridden

Long winded response but hope that helps!

There's a group dedicated to this in pregnancy groups - ask there too!

xx

I didn't have one with dd1 or dd2 but had one in this pregnancy. As pp says, think it's just chance

I bled from around implantation through week 23 with DD, including clots. I'm only 6+2 into this one with no a drop of spotting yet. I was told that there's no increased risk. I was never put on bedrest for it but we weren't allowed to DTD. It definitely struck a nerve every time I saw it.

I had a huge sch last pregnancy, bled from 12 weeks until pprom at just over 30 weeks and then apruption at 31+ weeks. I'm 6 weeks into a surprise pregnancy and again a sch :( First 4 kids nothing like this.

I didn't have one with DS1, lost DD1 due to the hemorrhage, and am all clear again with this pregnancy (DD2). A friend of mine just discovered one on an early ultrasound with her third baby, first SCH. Like the others have said, it seems to be spontaneous!

I seem to have them recurring, here are my recent pregnancies:

DS2 - large SCH resolved 20w born fine at 38w
#3.1 - large SCH lost baby @10w
#3.2 - chemical
#3.3 - natural mc
#3.4 - MC due to T15
#3.5 - current, baby fine but large SCH

I didn't have it with my first pregnancy, this pregnancy I had it and started bleeding at 15 weeks. It was a really small tear so it went away pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->