substantial age gap between children........labour experience

jzgrace

Reaction score
I read that someone said their doc told them that with a large age gap between babies the labour will be just like giving birth for the first time. Has anyone found any truth in that? I had dd2 almost 11 years ago. I was hoping for a quick 3rd time delivery. But after what I read im not so sure it will happen.

Oh, I did not know this. Of course, it makes sense. My son is 15 years old, and this pregnancy feels like the first time all over again. I am interested in hearing the responses to this as well. :)

nah, I don't believe that per se. My oldest is 12.. I now have a 3 yr old and 2 yr old and they were both easier and shorter despite the long age gap. :hugs:

nah, I don't believe that per se. My oldest is 12.. I now have a 3 yr old and 2 yr old and they were both easier and shorter despite the long age gap. :hugs:

Thats good to know. So far this pregnancy is far different from my others. Preterm contractions through out. Thats what gives me hope.

Not true in my opinion. I had my daughter in Feb of this year and my son before that was 10 yrs prior. My labor and delivery were even easier this time than 10 yrs ago. I didn't tear, labor pain wasn't too bad and healing was quick and easy.

Not true in my opinion. I had my daughter in Feb of this year and my son before that was 10 yrs prior. My labor and delivery were even easier this time than 10 yrs ago. I didn't tear, labor pain wasn't too bad and healing was quick and easy.

I have an almost 16 year old and an almst 11 yr old. I was really hoping this one would be easy. A nurse in l&d told me ..."your body has had 11 years to go back to normal, so it will be like your first time again" I couldnt believe that so I asked my doc. She said it is hard to say but she thought this one would just "fall out" especially since my last was 10lbs. I tore and had lots of stitches with her. But ive been told this baby will nit be 10lbs. Im thankful for that.

I had 10 years between my 3rd and 4th and they told me the same thing. Labor wasn't quite as quick but the pushing was even easier. One push and she was out and for the first time I had no tearing. Best delivery of the 4. Good luck!

I had 10 years between my 3rd and 4th and they told me the same thing. Labor wasn't quite as quick but the pushing was even easier. One push and she was out and for the first time I had no tearing. Best delivery of the 4. Good luck!

I can only say I hope its the same for me lol last time I pushed so hard I had broken blood vessels all over my face and was shaking so bad it was like convulsions. Ty for the gl wishes! And best of luck to you too. Happy healthy 9months!

I think it will be fine! I was worried too I wouldn't handle it as well as I had in past but I really couldn't have asked for an easier time. It did help my daughter was small 6 lb 5 oz

I hope my delivery is as good as my first. For my son I got an epidural, and slept for the next 6 hours. The doctor woke me up and said it was time. It took all of 3 pushes and he was out. I can only hope for something as smooth and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->